Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



:: Review :: Osea Ocean Cleanser

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 536
Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:03 am      Reply with quote
I contacted them twice last week with their website contact form but still haven't heard from them. So I just didn't want to wait anymore and placed an order (quite a big order including Cleansing Mudd, Eyes and Lips, Ocean Lotion, Black Algae Mask and White Algae Mask....though I intended to get only the Cleansing Mudd and Eyes and Lips at the very beginning Rolling Eyes ). I didn't receive any confirmation from them. Is it normal? Will I get any notification from them about shipping? Confused
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:11 am      Reply with quote
CK wrote:
I contacted them twice last week with their website contact form but still haven't heard from them. So I just didn't want to wait anymore and placed an order (quite a big order including Cleansing Mudd, Eyes and Lips, Ocean Lotion, Black Algae Mask and White Algae Mask....though I intended to get only the Cleansing Mudd and Eyes and Lips at the very beginning Rolling Eyes ). I didn't receive any confirmation from them. Is it normal? Will I get any notification from them about shipping? Confused


Did you use the EDS discount? I placed my order about a week ago and got some discount with it although it's only a small order (travel kit and White Algae Mask). I didn't receive any confirmation either and no notification on shipping, so I emailed them to ask. I got a reply the next day.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 536
Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:24 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
CK wrote:
I contacted them twice last week with their website contact form but still haven't heard from them. So I just didn't want to wait anymore and placed an order (quite a big order including Cleansing Mudd, Eyes and Lips, Ocean Lotion, Black Algae Mask and White Algae Mask....though I intended to get only the Cleansing Mudd and Eyes and Lips at the very beginning Rolling Eyes ). I didn't receive any confirmation from them. Is it normal? Will I get any notification from them about shipping? Confused


Did you use the EDS discount? I placed my order about a week ago and got some discount with it although it's only a small order (travel kit and White Algae Mask). I didn't receive any confirmation either and no notification on shipping, so I emailed them to ask. I got a reply the next day.


Yes, I used the discount (and saved over US$30 Shock ). I emailed them to request a few samples after placing the order. I hope I'll get a reply this time. Smile
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:49 am      Reply with quote
CK wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
CK wrote:
I contacted them twice last week with their website contact form but still haven't heard from them. So I just didn't want to wait anymore and placed an order (quite a big order including Cleansing Mudd, Eyes and Lips, Ocean Lotion, Black Algae Mask and White Algae Mask....though I intended to get only the Cleansing Mudd and Eyes and Lips at the very beginning Rolling Eyes ). I didn't receive any confirmation from them. Is it normal? Will I get any notification from them about shipping? Confused


Did you use the EDS discount? I placed my order about a week ago and got some discount with it although it's only a small order (travel kit and White Algae Mask). I didn't receive any confirmation either and no notification on shipping, so I emailed them to ask. I got a reply the next day.


Yes, I used the discount (and saved over US$30 Shock ). I emailed them to request a few samples after placing the order. I hope I'll get a reply this time. Smile


I think you probably will get some samples with your purchase. From what avalange has said, they seem very generous with their samples. When I emailed them to ask about my parcel being shipped, they replied and said they had included some samples for me. I was really impressed! Keep us updated how you like the Black Algae Mask. I wanna get it as well, but I think it only came out right after they had shipped my parcel. Such a shame Sad

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 1591
Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:31 am      Reply with quote
I'm also waiting to hear from them before I put in my order. They told me flat rate to Canada was only 13.xx instead of the international 18.xx but there's no option for that at the checkout, been waiting almost a week now, hope they get back to me soon as I want to make my order.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Aug 2006
Posts: 385
Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:55 am      Reply with quote
FYI - I placed my order online Friday and called them immediately after to confirm my discount (since there was no place to input the code). They were very nice and took care of the discount.

I received an email later that day confirming the Federal Express tracking#.

Stuff should arrive today or tomorrow! Very Happy

_________________
Age 41; Oily; Acne prone; Resilient; Currently loving Tazorac, Kate Somerville ExfoliKate and Deep Tissue Repair; Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:18 am      Reply with quote
International shipping is different, I think, as they ship via USPS therefore tracking is not possible. I can't wait to get my parcel. I really hope I get my travel kit soon, so I can use it while I'm away traveling next week Smile

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 1622
Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
yey! i just got my parcel! perfect timing as i'm going away for a few days tomorrow. i ordered the travel kits so i could try out everything (i didn't want to overwhelm them with requests for samples after giving the generous d*scount) and now i have to decide what to bring! Laughing

i also bought the full size mud cleanser and APC, but can just scream at myself that i *forgot* to order the Eyes and Lips! how could i be so stupid??? i meant to order two of these, one for home and one to always keep in the purse and now all i have is an itty-bitty sample! (is there a self-flagilating emoticon?)

ah, well. the travel sizes *are* just perfect and look like they can last for a few weeks at least which is nice when i go back to the states. i mean, they're really generous sizes which is cool as only a little is needed.

(and avalange can now rejoice as she'll get a new mini-size mud cleanser back and the corrective complex back.)
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Posts: 1789
Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
yey! i just got my parcel! perfect timing as i'm going away for a few days tomorrow. i ordered the travel kits so i could try out everything (i didn't want to overwhelm them with requests for samples after giving the generous d*scount) and now i have to decide what to bring! Laughing

i also bought the full size mud cleanser and APC, but can just scream at myself that i *forgot* to order the Eyes and Lips! how could i be so stupid??? i meant to order two of these, one for home and one to always keep in the purse and now all i have is an itty-bitty sample! (is there a self-flagilating emoticon?)

ah, well. the travel sizes *are* just perfect and look like they can last for a few weeks at least which is nice when i go back to the states. i mean, they're really generous sizes which is cool as only a little is needed.

(and avalange can now rejoice as she'll get a new mini-size mud cleanser back and the corrective complex back.)


yay, yay, yay, since my nose pores are back, and with a vengeance!

by the way, to all of you who are having problems with the 'checkout' service on osea's website, they are aware of the issues and recently just changed companies so if you encounter problems with it or do not get a confirmation email, just email their customer service to let them know--they need to be aware of these issues so that they can fix them.

And to Patty-I responded to your pm when I received it a couple of days ago--did you not get my response?
I know what my own favorites are, but I'd wait and see what people say on this forum, to be perfectly honest, since I think a LOT of people have osea products coming to them. Or of course just order the travel sizes and request samples. But in a nutshell, here are my favorites, in order (ranked, but of course i loooove them all!):
1. white algae gel hydrating mask
2. ocean lotion (miracle body lotion)
3. advanced protection cream
4. cleansing milk
5. essential corrective oil
6. cleansing mud
7. eyes and lips


so-so/not essential (to me): red algae mask (prefer white and black masks), atmosphere protection cream (I just thin out the apc for daytime), sea minerals (not a mister girl in the wintertime)

hth!

--avalange

p.s. to la vie: this is the closest I got to self-flagellating emoticon:

Image

_________________
http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 1693
Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:35 am      Reply with quote
zumlya wrote:
Heya, TAM!
What time did you order? I ordered this morning, and couldn't find the disc. code box... so I just placed the order and e-mailed them, and sent a e-mail through the contact button. But I have no response yet. Sad


I ordered around noon (I think). They replied within a few hours about reimbursing my card with the dicounted amount. If you haven't heard from them by now, you might want to call or shoot them another email. My order was shipped on Friday but the FedEx site says it's expected delivery is Wednesday. I was hoping it would be here today! Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Well, still have not received my cleansers, but hopefully today. I went ahead and placed an order for the black algae mask. I could not help it, but this time I got to pick fed ex, which I was thrilled about!

Patty, so far, for me, I love the advanced protection cream (can not tell you specifically what it does, but it makes my skin look nice and it feels wonderful on my face, it also seems to make the few broken caps I have disappear when I wear this cream). I also really like the regular Osea cleanser. These are 2 that I will definitely repurchase. I like the eyes and lips, it is very moisturizing and feels nice. Not sure if I would repurchase that or not, I still need more time to decide. HTH.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Oh I'm so jealous! I want mine too! Patience Lynn patience Smile Now I really want the Ocean Lotion and Eye and Lips as well. Would they think I'm mad if I place another order now when I just did last week and haven't even received the parcel yet?

avalange,

What do you think of the Black Algae Mask? How is it different from the White Algae Mask?

Lynn

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 1622
Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Oh I'm so jealous! I want mine too! Patience Lynn patience Smile Now I really want the Ocean Lotion and Eye and Lips as well. Would they think I'm mad if I place another order now when I just did last week and haven't even received the parcel yet?

i'm going to be so adult here and advise you to wait. Shock did i just say that??? yup! same as i'm going to do.... you'll be getting the travel kit which has the teeny Eyes and Lips in it so you can see if you actually *like* it first. for me, it's a no-brainer as soothes reactive skin better than anything and my fairly tough face can get redder than anyone's business if it dislikes anything. so it's an emergency cream to me -- i still have yet to actually try it on my lips and eyes where it belongs....

anyways, i'm holding off ordering again because of the cost of international shipping until i see what other stuff i might want big sizes of. like i said, i'm being adult (there's a first for everything). and the travel sizes are mostly refillable -- all except the rollerball products and the wee little masks -- which is just excellent!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Oh I'm so jealous! I want mine too! Patience Lynn patience Smile Now I really want the Ocean Lotion and Eye and Lips as well. Would they think I'm mad if I place another order now when I just did last week and haven't even received the parcel yet?

i'm going to be so adult here and advise you to wait. Shock did i just say that??? yup! same as i'm going to do.... you'll be getting the travel kit which has the teeny Eyes and Lips in it so you can see if you actually *like* it first. for me, it's a no-brainer as soothes reactive skin better than anything and my fairly tough face can get redder than anyone's business if it dislikes anything. so it's an emergency cream to me -- i still have yet to actually try it on my lips and eyes where it belongs....

anyways, i'm holding off ordering again because of the cost of international shipping until i see what other stuff i might want big sizes of. like i said, i'm being adult (there's a first for everything). and the travel sizes are mostly refillable -- all except the rollerball products and the wee little masks -- which is just excellent!


You are right. I should really wait and try out the products first. I'll get to try most Osea products and the sensitive skin kit includes all the products I wanna try (except Black Algae Mask). Then when I know for sure which products I like I can order them all next time, so I won't have to pay for international shipping twice Smile

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 734
Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Ok, uncle! I can't resist any longer!!!!! I'm going to Fred Segal today......
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 681
Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
well, back to reviewing the osea...
I am MF-ing in LOVE with these cleansers. My skin is totally clear, and it is both TOTM and I went on a drinking bender this weekend and slept in my makeup. Nothing else in my routine has changed. I am thoroughly impressed. Please note though that I am one the ones with hormonal/sensitive skin acne and do NOT have oily skin sorts of breakouts. I think this is working well for me because something in it is very calming to my skin.
next comes the APC, which I have not figured out how I am going to thin it out yet, since I am reluctant to order any serums or anything since I just blew my budget on jeans. What's this about using eyes and lips over the whole face instead? Maybe I could use that during the day and the APC at night? what thinks you, avalange?

_________________
mid 20's, dry in winter, combo in summer, acne prone, dehydrated, rarrrr!
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jul 2006
Posts: 381
Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
zumlya wrote:
Heya, TAM!
What time did you order? I ordered this morning, and couldn't find the disc. code box... so I just placed the order and e-mailed them, and sent a e-mail through the contact button. But I have no response yet. Sad


I ordered around noon (I think). They replied within a few hours about reimbursing my card with the dicounted amount. If you haven't heard from them by now, you might want to call or shoot them another email. My order was shipped on Friday but the FedEx site says it's expected delivery is Wednesday. I was hoping it would be here today! Laughing

Oh well, I think I missed the boat on that one, it seems they already shipped and should be here the 15th. Thanks anyways.

_________________
combo - 33y/o routine: Clarisonic;PSF 5% BHA; Nia24 SS, KS Deep tissue repair, KIJ, quench, Detox daily clens; 's: Lips2Kiss; PSF: Pumpkin Peel, Papya cleanser, Acne Mud, R&R toner; Revitalash;
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Posts: 396
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
well, back to reviewing the osea...
I am MF-ing in LOVE with these cleansers. My skin is totally clear, and it is both TOTM and I went on a drinking bender this weekend and slept in my makeup. Nothing else in my routine has changed. I am thoroughly impressed. Please note though that I am one the ones with hormonal/sensitive skin acne and do NOT have oily skin sorts of breakouts. I think this is working well for me because something in it is very calming to my skin.
next comes the APC, which I have not figured out how I am going to thin it out yet, since I am reluctant to order any serums or anything since I just blew my budget on jeans. What's this about using eyes and lips over the whole face instead? Maybe I could use that during the day and the APC at night? what thinks you, avalange?


which cleanser(s) do you like the most/do you think is what got you through totm?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Nov 2003
Posts: 2229
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
what's totm & I think they're having trouble on the site today-I can only put one item in my basket; when I try to add another the first one gets deleted. Either that or someone's telling me to cool it & only buy one thing Rolling Eyes
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Posts: 396
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
don't know about the ordering problems, but totm = time of the month Smile
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 681
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
waffle wrote:
well, back to reviewing the osea...
I am MF-ing in LOVE with these cleansers. My skin is totally clear, and it is both TOTM and I went on a drinking bender this weekend and slept in my makeup. Nothing else in my routine has changed. I am thoroughly impressed. Please note though that I am one the ones with hormonal/sensitive skin acne and do NOT have oily skin sorts of breakouts. I think this is working well for me because something in it is very calming to my skin.
next comes the APC, which I have not figured out how I am going to thin it out yet, since I am reluctant to order any serums or anything since I just blew my budget on jeans. What's this about using eyes and lips over the whole face instead? Maybe I could use that during the day and the APC at night? what thinks you, avalange?


which cleanser(s) do you like the most/do you think is what got you through totm?


I've been using the ocean cleanser at night and the milk in the morning mixed with my dermalogica microfoliant. Don't get me wrong, it could be that my hormones just aren't crazy this month. But I am definitely impressed about the drunk sleeping in makeup thing. That's usually a no-brainer breakout for me.

_________________
mid 20's, dry in winter, combo in summer, acne prone, dehydrated, rarrrr!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Marina, agree about their site having problems today. I ordered the black algae mask and have not received a confirmation for the order. I sent an email to them but have not heard anything yet. I want to make sure this goes out, as I chose a fast shipping and need this by Friday before I go out of town. I did get my cleansers in the mail today, yeah! (they did not use priority mail, which is why it took 8 days to get here).
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Nov 2003
Posts: 2229
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl,


I don't know where you're located & if it'll work, but they have an 888 # ..you could try calling them. 1-888-FOR-OSEA.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 681
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
hahahaha, we need some sort of siren to sound when there's an EDS rush -- when the lemming strikes, we shut down entire businesses!!!

_________________
mid 20's, dry in winter, combo in summer, acne prone, dehydrated, rarrrr!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Marina, I will call!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



glominerals Dual Essence Clutch DeVita Under Eye Repair Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Anthony Logistics Wake Up Call Hydrating Treatment Gel (90 ml / 3 floz)