Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

All our Florida members in one piece?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I was watching the destruction from the tornadoes you guys had overnight... I hope everyone (and family and friends) are all OK and unscathed...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm going there shortly. Whereabouts did they hit?
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Isn't it unusual to have tornadoes this time of the year? I thought the season was May-Nov?
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I am from Florida and haven't heard anything from my parents yet who live south of the tornados in Gainesville. My sister in Miami (far from the weather) is fine and she hasn't heard anything. The weather was Northern Florida, near Lake City and towards Jacksonville, I believe. SinceI live in Colorado sometimes I get anxoius wanting to get back to check up on everyone.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
Isn't it unusual to have tornadoes this time of the year? I thought the season was May-Nov?

Yes it is but, due to the El Nina cycle (which my boyfriend says we're in)this can cause freak weather.. I'm originally from FL and can't recall tornadoes during this time of year. Very freakish if yo ask me. I wish the best for all who were sadly invloved.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in Orlando. The tornado hit central florida almost in a straight path accross the state especially bad in lady lake, which is lake county, and deland, which is volusia county. We are in an El Nino cycle, where we had a great hurricane season (dry and very mild weather) but it makes the winters more stormy and wet, and the tornados from this weather cycle are monsters (like the ones seen mostly in the midwest). It is very sad to see all the destruction. This is a link that just shows the path of the tornado.

http://www.local6.com/slideshow/news/10911549/detail.html
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad you're alright Rileygirl.
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:49 am      Reply with quote
It was so strange because the tornado hit a retirement community called The Villages, a place that I had just seen on a TV commercial for the first time the night before. It showed all of these retired folks playing golf, softball, soccer (that one made an impression on me!), being really active and it said at the end of the ad something like "where all your dreams come true..." and then the next morning I woke up to read in the news that it had been wiped out by a tornado...terribly strange and sad.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't believe the devastation that we saw on the news. Sad Just terrible.

I hope that all of our EDS friends are safe; and my heart goes out to all who have been affected by it. Crying or Very sad
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Seen it on the News and couldn't believe what I saw! So sorry for all those involved my heart goes out to them.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
It's terrible what havoc nature can wreak on us. I have friends in Ft Lauderdale and was very glad to hear from them that they were all ok. Hope all of you, and your friends and family are safe too.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |