Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Not addicted to lipbalm anymore! Thumbs up to John Masters.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I posted a while back for any tips on how to ween myself off lipbalm. I was applying it all the time, my lips felt dry and sore without it and when I had to fly for 8 hours without lipbalm because it wasn't allowed on the plane recently I nearly went cold turkey!

Someone suggested trying a balm without mineral oil or petroleum and that is what I did, now I've got over it, I don't need it all the time. I tried the Ren Monoi lip balm which was a bit too glossy but now I've got Joh Masters Lipcalm, which is lovely. It's very moisturising, smells faintly of beeswax but has no taste.

I will never use a lipbalm with mineral oil in again.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
How much is it per tube? I want to try a diff lip balm but I'm allergic to everything except Vaseline Intensive Therapy lip balm, which sucks. My bf must be addicted to lip balm, too. I see him apply it all the time. I usually apply it once in the AM and once in the PM.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Lips are my new obsession. Thanks for the review.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'm addicted to lip balm. I will definitely have to get some. Thanks for the info. Smile

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am always interested in hearing about new lip products.
Cool
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
My lips get the dry withdrawal syndrome without lipbalm too! I'm starting to think that mineral oil dries out my lips. Thanks for the JM recommendation.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm convinced it's the mineral oil and petroleum that can make you addicted. Maybe it gets rid of the natural oils in your lips. I think if you use anything just make sure it's not got these ingredients in. The John Masters lipbalm is on EDS. I think it was the Ren lip balm that got rid of my * spam alert *.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting, I should give it a try when I run out of my current lip balm. I am very addicted to lip balm....I have no idea how many times I apply it a day Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reveiw. I was curious about that lip balm. Right now my top favs are Weleda's Everon Lip Balm and Dr Haushka's lip care stick. I only use them as a treatment when my lips feel dry and they have never caused me to feel like I "needed" to use them consistently.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a recent convert to l'occitane pure shea butter. It was a gift and once it runs out I will probably buy cheaper DIY shea butter in bulk. I can really feel the difference -- I only put it on 3-4 times a day whereas I could use a waxier balm every 3 seconds.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
The JM lip balm sounds really nice. I am forever applying lip balm, so I'm going to get this with my next order. Smile
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have that balm in my cart but haven't ordered it yet. I'm not addicted to lip balm, but I am addicted to purchasing it.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Isnt it such a relief not to need lip balm, sarah?Very Happy

I've lost my * spam alert * since I started using lipfusionX at night.

A great bonus I didnt expect.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Isnt it such a relief not to need lip balm, sarah?Very Happy

I've lost my * spam alert * since I started using lipfusionX at night.

A great bonus I didnt expect.

YES! Weird isn't it. I only apply the JM 2-3 times a day now, whereas the previous mineral oil balms I was applying all the time throughout the day and evening.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. It will be on my next order.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:19 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered this.. Can't wait to use it!
Very Happy Shock Very Happy
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
This is definitely my next purchase...I was disapointed by my last purchase of balm ( burt bee, biotherm aquasource, Body Shop cocoa, Clarins...even my Rosebud (too much petrolatum)

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds so good...I am definitely putting it in my next order!!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Just got my lipcalm today and am amazed with it.. Just one problem, I hate the taste of the essential oils! Crying or Very sad
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
What does it taste like?
Is it overwhelming?
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:50 am      Reply with quote
Really? The JM balm? I don't think it really tastes of anything. Smile
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:51 am      Reply with quote
dalguy wrote:
What does it taste like?
Is it overwhelming?

It tastes slightly like parfum.. I think because of the essential oils. It smells really good though. Smells like sweet orange, and when it goes on your lips, it's sort of shiny. It's not like a regular chapstik. I wouldly highly recommend this though. Surprised
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:52 am      Reply with quote
Here are the ingredients:

Olea europaea (olive oil),* apis mellifera (beeswax), persea gratissima (avocado oil),* butyrospermum parkii (shea butter),* simmondsia chinensis (jojoba oil),* aleurites moluccana (kukui nut oil), triticum vulgare (wheatgerm oil),* essential oils of citrus aurantifolia (lime),* citrus reticulata (tangerine),* canaga odorata (ylang ylang)* & vanilla planifolia (vanilla),* vitamins A, C & E

*Denotes Certified Organic.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:59 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
How much is it per tube? I want to try a diff lip balm but I'm allergic to everything except Vaseline Intensive Therapy lip balm, which sucks. My bf must be addicted to lip balm, too. I see him apply it all the time. I usually apply it once in the AM and once in the PM.

Could it be the beewax, that you're allergic too? Anything that has petroleum dries out my lips like crazy!! Crying or Very sad The JM lipcalm is $6 per tube. Very Happy
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the info
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |