Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PSF Brow Tox Does NOT work for me
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Full name: PSF BrowTox Wrinkle Relaxer

Size: 0.5 oz/15mL

Where purchased: EDS

How much? $42.00

Company’s Description Info:

We have developed a wrinkle-relaxing serum that makes use of the most recent scientific findings in neuro-chemistry & balances it with traditional herbalism & homeopathy. Our BrowTox Wrinkle Relaxer™ contains 10% Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 (Argireline®), a peptide which with continued use, over time is shown to relax the muscle contractions in the face that cause deep lining of the forehead, crow's feet and laugh lines.

It also contains a micro-dose of Curare, an extract from a Brazilian vine that historically has produced mild, muscular inactivity when applied topically. Through the scientific process of serial dilution, we are able to add this plant extract in an amount that is effective, yet completely safe & non-toxic. We know of no other available product that offers this natural alternative to expensive & painful cosmetic injections!

BrowTox Wrinkle Relaxer™ gives a Botox®-like effect that is both immediate and cumulative. Relax facial muscles within minutes of first application. Deep expression lines virtually fade away with continued use.

Curare gives immediate results, while peptides work over time
Helps to relax the muscle contractions that cause deep lines & wrinkles
Use on forehead, crow's feet, & naso-labial folds (laugh-lines)
Hyaluronic acid hydrates & plumps up fine line

Ingredients:
Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 (Argireline®) , Curare Extract , Hyaluronic Acid, Galangal Root Extract, Hyaluronic Acid Solution (Distilled Water, Sodium Hyaluronate), Propylene Glycol (from Seaweed), Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 (Argireline®), Chondrodendron tomentosum (Curare) Extract Serial Dilution, Alpina officinarum (Galangal Root) Extract, Fucus Vesiculosis (Seaweed) Extract, Saccaromyces Lysate (Yeast Lysate) Extract, Sodium Lactate, Carbomer, Methylpropylparaben

Recommended Usage:

Highly concentrated - Apply to freshly cleansed, dry skin. Apply a drop between eyebrows, on forehead, crow's feet & naso-labial folds (laughlines). Apply twice daily (AM & PM) for first 30 days, then once daily for maintenance regimen. Follow with moisturizer of your choice, if desired.

My skin type: Normal with tendency to dehydration if I don’t pay attention.

MY RESULTS:

Even though I’ve had bad results with sagging from Argireline and swore I’d never try it again, I gave the Brow Tox a shot for a month because of the grooves over my eyebrows for the Curare Extract’s supposed ability to relax. I tried it for 1 month using it twice a day. I had no effect whatsoever from this product. For me, it was just like putting water on my face.

Conclusion: I won’t buy it again. I will continue my “weed ‘n’ feed” program of exfoliation plus nutrition, which has worked much better for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Ari. I am glad you posted a bad review. So now I can scratch this one off my list to try!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
this is so interesting--on the skinactives website, it claims that argireline (sp?) is water, or is the same thing as water. Can anyone elaborate? I did a search and nothing at all came up.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Well, that's interesting since Hannah has said that it's a synthetic hexapeptide. I don't know it's chemical components. It is a freeze active that works in the same way that GABA does. And, it's freeze action is temporary. DMAE, on the other hand, is a cumulative active whose effects get better over time.

But, I do know it caused my sagging since I was able to turn that around once I quit Argireline.

In all fairness, I know a number of people that swear by it for it's temporary smoothing and tightening action. It's just not for me in the longterm.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Well, that's interesting since Hannah has said that it's a synthetic hexapeptide. I don't know it's chemical components. It is a freeze active that works in the same way that GABA does. And, it's freeze action is temporary. DMAE, on the other hand, is a cumulative active whose effects get better over time.

But, I do know it caused my sagging since I was able to turn that around once I quit Argireline.

In all fairness, I know a number of people that swear by it for it's temporary smoothing and tightening action. It's just not for me in the longterm.

Ari

Is GABA bad for you long term, too?
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Nope. Never made me sag and I haven't heard that from anyone else either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Nope. Never made me sag and I haven't heard that from anyone else either.

Thank goodness since I got GABA from skinactives and added that to my mad and not-fool-proof concoction, too. This is like a child playing with a matchstick. One never knows what will happen! (Ok, not that great of an analogy!)
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
If anyone is interested in reading more about parabens, I am including a link to the wikipedia. Study reference materials and abstracts are at the bottom of the article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraben

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
well thanks Arielle, I was interested in trying this product, now not so much. I used a Natura Bisse product that does this job, and it was quite good..

Justin - is there any chance of you offering shipping to Europe anytime soon?! Cool
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
bestbathstore wrote:
My friends you should not use any products with Methylpropylparaben (or any Parabens in them).

Please do some research on parabens so you know it's not just me trying to knock someone else.

My #1 goal is to keep people safe and healthy!

Here's some good reading:

http://www.afterglowcosmetics.com/Truth.asp

http://www.ecomall.com/greenshopping/bestbath.htm

Any other questions please ask your doctor or do some other research!

- Justin

Dear Justin,

I would like to see some actual scientific data to back your statements, I believe you are referring to the extremely flawed study on breast cancer where it was purposesly set to link the parabens to the woman subjects who had breast cancer. Here is just one of many links that address this issue. This one is from breastcancer.org to shine some light on the controversy:

http://www.ctfa.org.nz/information/antiperspirant/Breast_Cancer_Paraben_Study_Comment.pdf

This has put a major scare into many woman and natural companies (like yourself) are playing on our fears. I do prefer a more natural approach to products but I don't listen to everything without proper knowledge and understanding. If someone choses to avoid parabens, that is fine, but for many of us we realize the need to use them so that our products, food, ect...stays healthy and bacteria free. The links you have given are not based on scientific research, rather they are marketing gimmicks.

Final thought: Ladies, do your own research and do what is best for you, NOT what a company tells us to do. Smile

For the record, I LOVE my Browtox! Smile

~ H

(Doodlebug)
Mabsy

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
** this thread has been moderated to remove promotional material**
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:58 am      Reply with quote
This is an interesting discussion - I hadn't heard the brand name of the botox alternative with curare in it.

I had been using botox every three months and viper venom between botox injections. Then I decided that Botox isn't worth the price to me. A vial costs the doctor $240 and I got three or four little drops for $400. An assistant in the office told me the vial does fifteen people or so. $400x15=$6000 less $240 into the doctor's pocket. Pretty good profit.

The injections I got failed in three months on the dot. After the last time, I decided not to let anybody program any more of my discretionary income into her pocket. So I quit.

The lines are back because the ability to frown is back. You know what helps prevent frowning? Scotch tape. I wear it whenever I'm home. It feels like Botox at the height of its efficacy. It smooths out the lines temporarily, too.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:
This is an interesting discussion - I hadn't heard the brand name of the botox alternative with curare in it.

I had been using botox every three months and viper venom between botox injections. Then I decided that Botox isn't worth the price to me. A vial costs the doctor $240 and I got three or four little drops for $400. An assistant in the office told me the vial does fifteen people or so. $400x15=$6000 less $240 into the doctor's pocket. Pretty good profit.

The injections I got failed in three months on the dot. After the last time, I decided not to let anybody program any more of my discretionary income into her pocket. So I quit.

The lines are back because the ability to frown is back. You know what helps prevent frowning? Scotch tape. I wear it whenever I'm home. It feels like Botox at the height of its efficacy. It smooths out the lines temporarily, too.

That is pretty interesting to know! Thank-you! I can't afford Botox so it hasn't been an option but now I wouldn't want to. I hate when dr.'s make a killing off unsuspecting patients desperate for the fountain of youth! Laughing

Your scotch tape theory makes sense. I believe I have gotten to this age without much forehead lines thanks to always wearing my long thich hair back into a sleek pony tail. I am telling you, it keeps me from making the frown indentation PLUS gives an instant eye lift! The down side, a receding (sp)hair line and headaches. So I quit wearing it back so often and that's when I started to see the lines. Sad

~ Doodlebug
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:

I heard about the scotchtape, but it says to put it on at night as when you sleep, you frown without realizing. I never tried it though. Always forget! Isn't the glue irritating on your skin?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Didn't someone mention something about Arctic Frost which is avail at any drugstore to be quite effective?
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
[quote]That is pretty interesting to know! Thank-you! I can't afford Botox so it hasn't been an option but now I wouldn't want to. I hate when dr.'s make a killing off unsuspecting patients desperate for the fountain of youth! :lol: [/quote]

I don't like it either. It seems cynical and disrespectful to me. That's exactly how I felt - like I was being taken advantage of.

[quote] So I quit wearing it back so often and that's when I started to see the lines. :( [/quote]

That's funny; but how wonderful that you have the hair! I read that Sophia Loren used surgical tape under her hair to accentuate the slant in her eyes and to hold things up when she first started to age.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="bkkgirl"]

I heard about the scotchtape, but it says to put it on at night as when you sleep, you frown without realizing. I never tried it though. Always forget! Isn't the glue irritating on your skin?[/quote]

I sleep in it frequently, too. My tape is very old and has no label, but I believe it's Scotch brand lo-tac reversible tape. No, the glue doesn't give me hives and no adhesive sticks to my skin. If it did, I would get frownies.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:
Quote:
That is pretty interesting to know! Thank-you! I can't afford Botox so it hasn't been an option but now I wouldn't want to. I hate when dr.'s make a killing off unsuspecting patients desperate for the fountain of youth! Laughing

I don't like it either. It seems cynical and disrespectful to me. That's exactly how I felt - like I was being taken advantage of.

Quote:
So I quit wearing it back so often and that's when I started to see the lines. Sad

That's funny; but how wonderful that you have the hair! I read that Sophia Loren used surgical tape under her hair to accentuate the slant in her eyes and to hold things up when she first started to age.

Hey, that's a cool trick!
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
So I quit wearing it back so often and that's when I started to see the lines. Sad

Really? Wow, I love Sophia! What us woman do to stop aging, huh! Laughing
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bkkgirl!

I wonder how the tape would actually "feel"! I still pull my hair back for a nice sleek look on occasion and it really does lift my eyes. I remember seeing some type of strange liquid stuff you rub on your outer eye skin up your temples and it "sets" like tape, same idea, yet is supposed to be invisible. Has anybody heard of or ever tried this? I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called and who made it! I used to be known for having naturally lifted/cateyes but it is depressing now that they don't have the same look!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
Hi Bkkgirl!

I wonder how the tape would actually "feel"! I still pull my hair back for a nice sleek look on occasion and it really does lift my eyes. I remember seeing some type of strange liquid stuff you rub on your outer eye skin up your temples and it "sets" like tape, same idea, yet is supposed to be invisible. Has anybody heard of or ever tried this? I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called and who made it! I used to be known for having naturally lifted/cateyes but it is depressing now that they don't have the same look!

I was wondering the same thing about how I could put a tape on my hair line to lift my eyes up. I know when I put my hair in a pony tail, and pull it back and up, it lifts my eyes up. I don't want to put the tape on my hair line and go to some windy place and have my hair blown off and show the tape. That would look ridiculous.

I tried putting on some tape on my face one night. I looked totally ridiculous. My dog barked at me.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
doodlebug wrote:
Hi Bkkgirl!

I was wondering the same thing about how I could put a tape on my hair line to lift my eyes up. I know when I put my hair in a pony tail, and pull it back and up, it lifts my eyes up. I don't want to put the tape on my hair line and go to some windy place and have my hair blown off and show the tape. That would look ridiculous.

I tried putting on some tape on my face one night. I looked totally ridiculous. My dog barked at me.

rofl You're so funny!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:42 am      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
Hi Bkkgirl!

I vaguely remember reading about something like this. Was it a Bliss product, perhaps?
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
thanks girl! $ saved, ticked off lemming list Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:21 am      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:

Your scotch tape theory makes sense. I believe I have gotten to this age without much forehead lines thanks to always wearing my long thich hair back into a sleek pony tail. I am telling you, it keeps me from making the frown indentation PLUS gives an instant eye lift! The down side, a receding (sp)hair line and headaches. So I quit wearing it back so often and that's when I started to see the lines. Sad

~ Doodlebug

you crack me up doodlebug with the ponytail pull back concept. it reminded me of a 'facelift'... similar effect but temporary. i wear my hair up all the time... i hope it helps me "maintain" my youthfulness! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |