Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Jane Iredale LipShere Lipstick, Misty
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
At first glance, this pale pink pearly lipstick looks like a throwback to Carnaby Street and the white go-go booted Sixties. Rest assured, it doesn't apply thick and matte! It glides on sheer and almost colourless, with only the faintest glimmer of pink.

This unlikely item is actually a real workhorse. I wear it ...

Alone: I often wear Misty instead of lip balm. It provides long lasting protection, an SPF of 18, and looks a lot more chic in your makeup bag than a tube of Chapstick!

Under lipstick: Smooth on Misty, then follow with your normal lip colour. You'll notice that the lip colour has lightened slightly and softened in tone, and has a slight pearly glow. Great for toning down those blaring reds and deep plums.

Over lipstick: A dab of Misty in the centre of your lower lip creates a lip-plumping effect similar to lip gloss -- without the goop!

The scent of the lipstick is light and unusual -- vaguely sweet, with a hint of ginger. It's contained, as are all JI lipsticks, in a matte gold case.

Ingredients: Castor Oil, Glyceryl Triacetyl Ricinoleate, Candelilla Wax, Ozokerite, Beeswax, Isopropyl Palmitate, Sunflower Oil, Carnuaba Wax, Caprtlic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerides, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Vitamin E(D-Alpha Tocopherol), Phenoxyethanol, Botanical Rose, Vitamin C(Ascorbyl Palmitate). May Contain: Mica, Carmine, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the great review! Now you have me wanting this, since I am looking for a light texture, natural-looking lipstick option. Very Happy
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
Thank you for the great review! Now you have me wanting this, since I am looking for a light texture, natural-looking lipstick option. Very Happy

Thanks, Marci! Smile Sometimes it's nice to have a no-brainer, don't-need-a-mirror lip colour!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
OOOOO this looks good, thanks for the review, I love sheer lip colours Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using JI Misty for years. It's a great sheer color. By itself, it just adds shine, but I use it as a base for any lipstick or gloss that is too dark for me. In addition it toning down a color, it helps to make the color I apply on top last longer and it gives it a gorgeous shine. It's such a versatile lipstick -- I always carry it with me. Smile
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I have been trying to decide whic lipstick or lipgloss to get from JI. I am currently using the Just Gloss lipgloss and wanted to break out and get some colours but am having a hard deciding which one as there are quite a few of them that I like. I think I've at least decided on a lipstick shade though. Think I'll pick "Jane" as it looks like a nice neutral colour. Anyone have any experience with other JI lip prodcuts?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
Thanks for the review. I have been trying to decide whic lipstick or lipgloss to get from JI. I am currently using the Just Gloss lipgloss and wanted to break out and get some colours but am having a hard deciding which one as there are quite a few of them that I like. I think I've at least decided on a lipstick shade though. Think I'll pick "Jane" as it looks like a nice neutral colour. Anyone have any experience with other JI lip prodcuts?

Sorry it's taken me a while to respond to this, wildflower. I have no experience with the colour Jane, but I do have some other JI lip products I'll try to describe for you:

LipShere:
Diana -- Lovely sheer plum-rose with very fine shimmer. I've found the swatches for this shade to be way off base for this one. I think both cool and warm complexions could wear it well.

LipColour:
Susan -- Cool mid-tone rose-mauve with no discernable shimmer.
Bridget -- Cool raspberry-wine, no shimmer.

PureGloss:
Iced Mocha -- Neutral rosy beige with shimmer. Very pretty alone or over lipstick.
Raspberry -- This is not what I'd call raspberry. It's similar to Iced Mocha, with a touch more mauve. No shimmer, just shine.

Lip Liner:
Rose -- Neutral mid-tone pink
Berry -- Deeper berry-wine shade. Both colours are well pigmented, glide on smoothly, and look great alone with a touch of clear Just Gloss over them.

Hope this helps a little! Smile
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've used two of the Lip sheres--Brett, a rosy, slightly muted coral color and Babe, a plummy color with a hint of brown. Babe is a slightly more vibrant version of Clinique's Black Honey and is as cool a color as I can get away with. Brett is brighter and warmer. Both are quite sheeer and feel nicely creamy on the lips. They have a slight scent that is hard to describe but struck me as "lipsticky."
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Has this been discontinued? I can't find it. Sad
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
It appears so. It's no longer on the Jane Iredale site, either.
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
that's very sad.....
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've also used the lipgloss in Raspberry and I love the way it stays on, is minty and keeps little lines in my lips at bay. It's also not sticky and gross like most glosses. For me it seems like a very natural lip color, so much so that it looks like I have a clear gloss on. So good!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I use the lip gloss in Raspberry too and I love it, it really keeps your lips soft and moisturized.
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
If you liked Raspberry, have you found any other good colors?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I like Soft Peach too.
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
that looks kinda orangey on the web...is it?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
It's not orange, it's a very light peach/gold. Very pretty.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I was looking for it too. Can't be found - anyone had any luck?
Thanks
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:36 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I was looking for it too. Can't be found - anyone had any luck?
Thanks

I'm a little confused, what are you looking for?
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Misty isn't on the EDS product list, or on the Jane Iredale site. Is there a comparable replacement color?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
You can buy Misty here:

http://www.dermstore.com/product_Lipshere+-++Misty_1077.htm

Or, someone is selling it on ebay for $9.99, here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jane-Iredale-Lip-Colour-Misty_W0QQitemZ270065894657QQcmdZViewItem
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies out there, could you help.... I wish to buy JI lipstick and did buy one in my last order which is in brick red, wow, it is just SO red that I can't wear it, I am in yellowish skin tone and looking for lipstick in natural red (I wear no make-up and in mid-30)... I am not very familiar with the online description and am loosing confident in buying color online, could you ladies give me advice!!! Million thanks!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
thanks - sorry for not being clear - I was asking about where to find the Misty sheer and I so appreciate the links.

Sister
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |