Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
MSM - I lost body fat & tighter skin - anyone else too?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. Am i taking too much then? The directions said to take 3 tsp daily but ive read you should take 3000mg a day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:02 am      Reply with quote
So I've been taking MSM for awhile now. I'm now using the KAL powder 5g dosage MSM after I spent way too much money on pill MSM. To my surprise, KAL MSM doesn't have any taste. It dissolves in water completely in less than 5 seconds (w/ warm water and stirring). There's no particle/film left either. I've tried some other brands and sometimes they left film -- GROSS! KAL dissolves fairly fast, odorless and tasteless. So my question is IS this any good? Those who used powder MSM, is yours tasteless/odorless? I purchased it at WF. KAL is based in Southern CA and been around since early 30s. I heard powder MSM tastes is bitter so I'm wondering if it's any good???? I've only been using this for less than a week, but I've been taking pureMSM pills (that cost way way too much) because I was afraid of the bitter taste. I saw results w/ pills though but too early to tell w/ powder. KAL powder is about $25-30 for 10.8oz. TIA for any input...
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
chesterfield wrote:
So I've been taking MSM for awhile now. I'm now using the KAL powder 5g dosage MSM after I spent way too much money on pill MSM. To my surprise, KAL MSM doesn't have any taste. It dissolves in water completely in less than 5 seconds (w/ warm water and stirring). There's no particle/film left either. I've tried some other brands and sometimes they left film -- GROSS! KAL dissolves fairly fast, odorless and tasteless. So my question is IS this any good? Those who used powder MSM, is yours tasteless/odorless? ...

yes mine is REALLY bitter! ughhh horrid.....have been taking it now for a couple of months....havent noticed any drop in weight....but I figure anything that tastes THAT bad has to be good for you right?! Laughing it doesnt completely disolve either (crystals) but doesnt leave a film......
not sure if the tasteless one you are taking is good or not.... Confused
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi chesterfield...also I wanted to ask what results you have seen so far.....
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have excellent results so far hence I'm still taking it religiously. My skin looks smoother (more radiant/even), tighter, and soft. My eye lashes are so long and thick, my hair is pretty strong and grows very fast, my brows needed to be plucked more often. My energy is really awesome too and I have HUGE appetite. I don't notice any weight loss but I am trying to gain weight so I've been eating a very high-caloric meals, but so far I haven't gained much. I gained but I kept losing again. My MSM solution is slightly cloudy but odorless and tasteless and dissolved completelyly 99.9% after 5 seconds of stirring w/ warm water. I drink this w/ a multi (new chapter) and 1000mg vit C ester. I also take jarrow's biosil on/off as well though. I see results after 3 weeks. I started out with 1g/then 2g/now3g once a day. I'm working up to 5g but I'm taking it slow....
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I drink powdered Emergen-C drink with MSM, and I rub MSM cream into my joints at night.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I googled for msm pure and the site http://www.worldimage.com/products/msm/index.html came up high on the search results, but oddly enough theres not a mention of it on the eds forum unlike msm-msm.com and bio-alternatives.com, hmm ??
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
This definitely looks like something to invest in. Are there any reactions with prescription meds?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have been taking MSM for about 6 weeks now, at first just taking 1000mg then upping the dose to 4000mg per day. However, I cant seem to be seeing ant benefits from taking MSM- no weight loss, hair and nails dont seem to be stronger and my acne is exactly the same (I took MSM purely to combat acne!). However, maybe its due to the fact that my MSM tablets has fillers, so the results arent as what I expected Confused . Anyhow, I've order another 120 capsules from another website, and these do not contain fillers. Will post again!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all! What would be the concensus? Is MSM most effective as powder, crystals or capsules/pills? Or is it roughly the same?
Secondly, what would be your top two brands recommendations?
Bree22
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm thinking of trying MSM. what brand and form of MSM is most effective and highly recommended?
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have been taking 1-2 teaspoons a day for the last 6 months and have definitely noticed thicker hair eyelashes and nails.
But now my sking on my fingers is peeling Confused .
I seem to recall someone posting about this before.
I think I need to back it down to 1 teaspoon.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Bree22, I use the crystals, usually pills have fillers that I try to avoid.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I buy Source Naturals powdered form MSM - use a teaspoon daily - plus glutamine powder and jarrow biosil - these all get mixed together with V-8 low sodium (about 1 cup). I have been doing this for 6 months and definitely notice a difference - skin, hair, nails and weight maintenance. Body tone is really awesome and I'm doing the same stuff I always have. Plus I had a terrible break to my right wrist and pain for two years and finally it is gone.
edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I think MSM is really wonderful for our body, great to hear about success stories, sister sweets.
Mau
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:01 am      Reply with quote
I have been taking MSM for one year already. I believe that there are a lot of benefits from it but still I don't see any Smile
I gained more weight (I started an intensive workout and have a huge appetite), I still have hair loss although it seems that less shedding (?) than before. The only positive thing I could see that skin seems a little bit tighter but I don't know if I should contribute it to MSM or HA-Collagen supplements (I started to take them at the same time)..
I use NCI brand.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I just order some today after reading this thread. Looking forward to seeing hair & nail growth, not to mention good skin before spring/summer.

Thanks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Bree22 wrote:
I'm thinking of trying MSM. what brand and form of MSM is most effective and highly recommended?

Bree22 - earlier on this thread, there was a link to vitacost dot com. I just order mine through them. After reading other posts, the one I ordered has the OptiMSM on the bottle. The brand was NSI and it has some very good reviews on that website as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:16 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to get MSM soon. Let me tell you my review later. Surprised
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for recommending MSM. I have been taking it religiously for around 2 weeks and I have noticed a marked improvment in my skin tone and softness.
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
i have been taking this for a few months, and i have much longer fuller lashes
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I will try it and thanks for posting
echokitten
5% products discount

Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
So I just skimmed the entire 16 pages and just wondered...Is it better to get the crystals or the pills? What's the general consensus? Sorry in advance if I missed the answer.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
echokitten,
I think that's a matter of personal choice. I personally prefer the loose powder for several reasons.
1. Gel caps don't agree with me. Since I take alot of supps, I try to reduce the amt of gel caps, since they make me nauseous.
2. For the same reason above, I find it easier to mix powder into a smoothie or juice.
3. Some people feel like they can control the dosage better in powder form.

Then there are those who can't stand the bitter taste, and would rather swallow a capsule and get it over with! Smile

5% products discount

Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:35 am      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
echokitten,
I think that's a matter of personal choice. I personally prefer the loose powder for several reasons.
1. Gel caps don't agree with me. Since I take alot of supps, I try to reduce the amt of gel caps, since they make me nauseous.
2. For the same reason above, I find it easier to mix powder into a smoothie or juice.
3. Some people feel like they can control the dosage better in powder form.

Then there are those who can't stand the bitter taste, and would rather swallow a capsule and get it over with! Smile

Thanks! I'm one of those who would rather take a capsule and get it over with, but if the powder is more effective and produces better results I could stomach a yucky taste... As long as it didn't make me nauseous.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |