Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Owwie- hurt myself with the Quasar
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so mad at myself. I was using the Quasar in bed. I was so tired I fell asleep. I think I only fell asleep for 30min but when I woke up, i have a bright reddish mark and bump the size of a quarter on my face. Am I burned? If anyone knows anything let me know what I should expect. Peeling, oozing? I put aloe on it but I don't know what else to do. Bandage or no bandage?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
angelina wrote:
I'm so mad at myself. I was using the Quasar in bed. I was so tired I fell asleep. I think I only fell asleep for 30min but when I woke up, i have a bright reddish mark and bump the size of a quarter on my face. Am I burned? If anyone knows anything let me know what I should expect. Peeling, oozing? I put aloe on it but I don't know what else to do. Bandage or no bandage?

Does it hurt? If it were not so late you could call James. He is so great about phone calls on weekends. I don't think you should bandage it. Best you let air at it. If you have no blistering consider yourself fortunate.

Report back to us tomorrow. I really think that you will be OK. Sorry this had to happen to you.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Would Aloe Vera be good to put on this?
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Aloe vera would probably be nice and soothing, or you could try neat lavender oil if you have some - I swear by it for healing up those little burns and scalds I often get when I'm cooking.
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks alot for your responses Smile The bump shrunk and not as big now so its on the road to recovery. I used aloe and that seemed to be ok. I didn't know this device could overheat. I'll be more careful next time.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Lavender essential oil works the best on any burns.
I hope it will heal by tomorrow.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Angelina, is it better today?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Stem Youth Serum (50 ml) Janson Beckett NekaDermEL (118 ml / 4 floz) NuFace Gel Primer (5 fl oz / 148 ml)