Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
laser treatment to remove facial vein.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I got some blood vein under my eye. It's just one obvious line. I heard I need to do laser treatments.

What doctor to go for? Dermatologist?
Any side impact such as drier skin on the area?
Can it be removed permanently?
How much will it cost?
How long will it take?
Does FSA (in US, this is like health tax deductable) account cover this?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
hi fish,

i don't think insurance ever covers our vanity, unfortunately. but you should ask your dermatologist. There are two routes to go:

1. ipl--which is a bit trickier, more expensive, and not reliable, in my opinion. it runs about $300 per session, and you need more than three sessions to see a result. if you have a great practitioner who you know does excellent work and is good at zapping veins in particular, go with it--but also, ipls are better when they are done on the entire face. if you have isolated veins, you may want to try...

2. electro-coagulation. this is a needle/laser combo, specifically designed to get rid of spider veins and cherry angiomas. it should be included in the cost of a regular derm visit.

I've had #1 done, twice, with barely any result--but you know, i had two different practitioners and it became blatantly and annoyingly clear to me that they were really shooting in the dark as far as getting the right frequency+wavelength for my problems. it is a trial and error process, so you end up wasting $$$ if all you are doing is spot treating.

I've not had electro-coagulation, but some people on this forum recently reported good results.

In both cases, the veins come back, so this kind of treatment requires upkeep, so to speak.

Good luck, and let us know what you choose!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I had electro-coagulation done about six years ago for a vein on the bridge of my nose. With the fist treatment it went away, but just a tiny portion reappeared about six months later (but much fainter than before). I had it zapped again at that time and to this day is completely gone. Very Happy
persephone
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've had broken caps treated by a Diode laser a couple of times. Each time cost me $100 for several different spots on my face, and also included one touch-up visit a month after the original.

My insurance didn't cover it, and I doubt I could submit it through my FSA, but honestly I didn't try.

It was effective and the results have mostly lasted - it's been about 2 years now.

It took about 10-15 minutes. It's slightly painful, but not intolerable at all. I had it done by my regular dermatologist.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I only have it on one spot, like dark circle around my eye. it's not very obvious inside the room with regular lightning, but it's kinda make show up alot outside with the sun.
It seems like I am more fit for "electro-coagulation". how much is this cost ?
I hope it can be gone forever... like Tam's
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
i was quoted 75 Euros (the price of a normal dermatologist visit).

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I don't suggest IPL because it is not a lasting cure.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
IPL is a rip,I wasted 4000 on that it did NOTHING
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Fishzebby, the cost was about $100 and that was for all the tiny spots that the dermatologist could find to zap. The touch-up was free. I was in for microdermabrasion at the time, so she just looked after it then.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I wish we had derms like this in the UK! Most of the clinics here are attached to plastic surgery outfits and charge a fortune - I don't think anyone does electro-coagulation either and it sounds so much simpler than ipl or laser which I'm a bit wary of! Hope it works out for you!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
You need a yag laser from a dermatologist to target a specific vein. I've had it done and my hubby. It can be covered if it is one on your nose that bleeds, or your derm writes it up in its regular charge office visit. Not covered if done by a spa in our case.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
any dry skin impact on this kind of treatment?
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
As far as I know, your skin type shouldn't make any difference with this type of treatment. It's fast, simple and almost painfree. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |