Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
I used Epilady (the self-torturing device) on my mustache
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I bought it years ago, used it one time and returned it. That thing hurts!!! Shock
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I can't figure out which one is better Confused

http://www.braun.com/global/products/beautycare/ladyshavingepilation/epilation.html

I have to shave every day...sometimes twice a day Embarassed

I have this one:
http://www.braun.com/global/products/beautycare/ladyshavingepilation/epilation/xelle.html

It is absolutely fab.
Angyl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have the silkepil as well, but it doesnt have the narrow head or shaving attachment. I wonder if i can get those somewhere....

It's a bear at first, but my hair is definitely growing in thinner now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
i HAVE THE BRAUN:tHIS IS ALL i HAVE TO SAY ABOUT EPILLATORS: OWWWWWWW!!!! Shock Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using my Philips epilator for years now. It still hurts but nothing unbearable. I use it on my legs, arms and underarms. I'm eyeing a new model and wonder it will hurt less with the new design. Smile
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:11 am      Reply with quote
been using one for years on my bikini area (which now I rarely have to do ) and my arms (live in japan and suddenly felt hairy) have done my underarms a few times but oh my buddha they were bleeding after and I just cant seem to get through my legs...(hey they are long and covered in hairs ....it was all just too much!!!)
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:46 am      Reply with quote
I want Braun 5680!!! It looks awesome! Shock Really need one for my armpits since I don't really have time to pluck them! Very Happy Rolling Eyes

Look at this baby! Shock
http://www.braun.com/global/products/beautycare/ladyshavingepilation/epilation/xelle/models/5680.html
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:57 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:

http://www.braun.com/global/products/beautycare/ladyshavingepilation/epilation.html

I have the Braun Silk Epil 5580 and love it. Has all the different attachments and I find it is very gentle. There is also a 5680 model which also includes a shaver head as well. It was not available in Os when I bought my 5580.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:59 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
ParisTroika wrote:

I have the Braun Silk Epil 5580 and love it. Has all the different attachments and I find it is very gentle. There is also a 5680 model which also includes a shaver head as well. It was not available in Os when I bought my 5580.

Bushy, do you know where I can purchase the model 5680? I can't find any online.. Crying or Very sad TIA!
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Ouch! I am just too much of a wuss to do something like that. Speak to the hand I just use depilatory creams if & when I have too. I have tried using my Emjoi Gently Gold Caress, but that was too much of a torture. Brick wall
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Also.. Can I use an epilator on my forhead? I have a lot of hair there that I would look to remove.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:08 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing OMG, I bought my Epilady 20+ years ago - and still occasionally use it Laughing Laughing. I generally wax my legs, but when I don't have time to wax or have my legs waxed - my 20+ year-old Epilady still does the trick Wink.
This thing is so old though, that I should probably look into a newer device.

BTW - I only use it on my legs (I wax bikini line and shave armpits), and it doesn't hurt at all.

R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:09 am      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
Also.. Can I use an epilator on my forhead? I have a lot of hair there that I would look to remove.

I think it might be a bit tricky to use it there (not to mention painful! Shock). But I know some Beauticians that wax the forehead/hairline, so maybe try asking a few places to see if they do it.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
poohlisey wrote:

I think it might be a bit tricky to use it there (not to mention painful! Shock). But I know some Beauticians that wax the forehead/hairline, so maybe try asking a few places to see if they do it.

I can't really wax.. It cloggs up my pores and I'm prone to breakouts, so I usually just pluck the hair on my forehead. Sad Crying or Very sad
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:29 am      Reply with quote
I dont like to use it on my face...prefer to wax then tweeze....the thing is for everyone who has only used theirs once or twice...it doesnt hurt so much the more you use it as the roots of the hairs become weaker ...still I end up with bumps and zits if I use it on my face even if I scrub the area clean first and after .....and waxing small areas is much quicker and less painful... Shock
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:38 am      Reply with quote
I found it gave me little red bumps on my face too...I might work up the nerve to try it again...after a couple shots of gin Laughing Laughing Laughing
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
annachan wrote:
been using one for years on my bikini area (which now I rarely have to do ) and my arms (live in japan and suddenly felt hairy) have done my underarms a few times but oh my buddha they were bleeding after and I just cant seem to get through my legs...(hey they are long and covered in hairs ....it was all just too much!!!)

You can try shaving first and then wait a few days to let some (but not all) of the hairs to grow back before using the epilator. It seems to hurt less with shorter hair than fully grown hair. Wink
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I'm eyeing this new baby:

http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/catalog/tree/en/us/norelco/WOMANS_BEAUTY_GR_US_NORELCO/ce/_productId_HP6492_11_US_NORELCO/Satinelle_Ice+HP6492?proxybuster=YIN3N2NQTTOG3J0RMRCSHQNHKFSESI5P

Cool
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
yeah CK I did try that (and thats a great tip )but I think that the hairs on my legs are so tough that they dont like getting ripped out and hang on for dear life! My arms are fine (hurt at first) but now no probs and bikini area was ok as it was so much smaller (though hurt like hell the first few times) ...probably what I should do is get my legs waxed a few times to loosen the roots then try using what my hubby calls 'the hair ripper outta' Laughing
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
annachan wrote:
yeah CK I did try that (and thats a great tip )but I think that the hairs on my legs are so tough that they dont like getting ripped out and hang on for dear life! My arms are fine (hurt at first) but now no probs and bikini area was ok as it was so much smaller (though hurt like hell the first few times) ...probably what I should do is get my legs waxed a few times to loosen the roots then try using what my hubby calls 'the hair ripper outta' Laughing

HURT LIKE HELL is a good description of how it was for me there, too. I don't even do it there any more.
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
There were two versions of these epilator thingies, right? The original was a circular slinky-like wire that spun around. Ouch! My legs were a bloody mess afterward. Then they brought out the kind with multiple tweezer heads that spun round. I fell for that version too. I still have the Emjoi epilator in my close, the "Gently Gold Caress". Caress?? Who were they kidding?! But reading this thread makes me want to dig it and take it for a spin.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Pachouli wrote:
There were two versions of these epilator thingies, right? The original was a circular slinky-like wire that spun around. Ouch! My legs were a bloody mess afterward. Then they brought out the kind with multiple tweezer heads that spun round. I fell for that version too. I still have the Emjoi epilator in my close, the "Gently Gold Caress". Caress?? Who were they kidding?! But reading this thread makes me want to dig it and take it for a spin.

I got both versions. The first version hurt more badly, but I gave it to my babysitter, and she used it until it died. Then she bought the Braun one, which is much more gentle than the Epilady brand I have. So if this one dies, I will get the Braun one. I cannot live without this thing.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
CK wrote:
I'm eyeing this new baby:

http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/catalog/tree/en/us/norelco/WOMANS_BEAUTY_GR_US_NORELCO/ce/_productId_HP6492_11_US_NORELCO/Satinelle_Ice+HP6492?proxybuster=YIN3N2NQTTOG3J0RMRCSHQNHKFSESI5P

Cool

That is a pretty nice one. Ice and massage! Shock Very Happy Ok that has to help improve the torture right? Confused It can't possibly be just a gimmick? Say it aint so! Say it aint so!! Let it be true!!! LOL Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse, I think I need to give the ol' epilator a second chance!
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, i need to get one of these now...
it's amazing what we would do for beauty Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |