Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Hand held antiaging devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Poll :: Positive and Negative Responses to Quasar and Nuface

Happy with Baby Quasar results and glad I purchased it
28%
 28%  [ 9 ]
Not pleased with Baby Quasar results
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Happy with Quasar SP results and glad I purchased it
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Not pleased with Qusar SP
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Happy with Nuface and glad I purchased it
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Not pleased with Nuface results
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 32

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I decided to do a poll on the hand held devices as the threads are so long. Over the past several months I have received several PM's in regard to the Baby Q. Where these devices are very expensive I would like to see the consumer get an honest yes or no in regard to customer satisfaction. I for one do not like to be responsible for someone spending $500 to $1500 on any device.

When someone is having positive results from a product it is easy to state all the benefits. IMO if someone spends a lot of money on a product and it doesn't work for them they hate to admit it to themselves or others. I have been there in the past. What is so great about a poll is you do not have to post in order for members to get a picture of product satisfaction.

One problem....If you have both devices only one can be checked off. Rolling Eyes

I have had positive results from the Baby Q and happy I purchased it. Smile
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie - you've been reading my mind!!! This is just what I've been hoping for, and I agree with everything you just said about some members' reluctance to say anything negative, or admit that they've made an expensive mistake. Hopefully voter turnout will be good so those of us sitting on the fence will have an additional means to help us decide. It's really too time-consuming to read through long threads that contain more chat than substance. I hope the system won't be abused and results will be honest and accurate.

Also, I wouldn't mind a little editorializing by users of these products, since people may have varying degrees of pleasure/displeasure with the devices, or have found them to be good for one thing but not another.

Bravo!!!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Considering I haven't purchased one yet...waiting for $$ to fall from sky...this would be a great help.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Winnie - you've been reading my mind!!! This is just what I've been hoping for, and I agree with everything you just said about some members' reluctance to say anything negative, or admit that they've made an expensive mistake. Hopefully voter turnout will be good so those of us sitting on the fence will have an additional means to help us decide. It's really too time-consuming to read through long threads that contain more chat than substance. I hope the system won't be abused and results will be honest and accurate.

Also, I wouldn't mind a little editorializing by users of these products, since people may have varying degrees of pleasure/displeasure with the devices, or have found them to be good for one thing but not another.

Bravo!!!

I will answer your question as best and brief as I can:

Post op pain for my foot - A for the BQ
Healing dermatitis - A
Daughter's cystic acne - B
Antiaging - *C

*while I love the way I look after a BQ treatment the results are temporary. Now please remember I am 62. A younger person might get longer benefits. I am still not totally sure of this technology since TeresaL posted her concerns regarding safety. We still need to hear more on safty.

As far as my medical issues the BQ has paid for itself already.

James at AT gets an A for the time and efford he has given his customers.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Great idea Winnie! Although the Sp didn't workout I still love the Baby Q and I agree that for anti-aging it's a C. For me it's just a temporary plumping device and helps keep the skintone even. Would I repurchase, not sure, but I wouldn't even consider the lightsim just on what I've read.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe a seperate poll for Nuface?
StellaMarie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Baby Q and am somewhere in between (so I didn't actually respond to the poll).

I have adult acne, and it has made a big difference (I use the continous wave setting) -- together with the Active Serum and Retin A (both of which I was using before the BQ, so I know that the BQ has had an independent effect), my skin is totally clear, save for a couple of (seemingly inevitable) once-monthly jawline blemishes. I also think it has plumped up my skin and I've gotten skin tone compliments recently which I believe relate to BQ use. I'm actually really happy with my skin right now. Very Happy

On the other hand, it takes me forever! I don't know if I have a big face or what. Laughing I've been using it for just over a month, and I'm already beginning to have difficulty keeping up with it. So, while it's kind of strange to say, I almost think that, for ongoing upkeep purposes, it's better to go with the SP or not get one. Or maybe that's just me, and ya'll are much more diligent. Confused

ETA: I'm thinking about begging James to let me upgrade to the SP. AnnieR, I am aware of the problems you encountered, but the rest of you who responded that you weren't happy with the SP, will you please reply to the thread and let us know why? Many thanks in advance.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
ETA: I'm thinking about begging James to let me upgrade to the SP. AnnieR, I am aware of the problems you encountered, but the rest of you who responded that you weren't happy with the SP, will you please reply to the thread and let us know why? Many thanks in advance.

I think one of the reasons this poll is going to be so enlightening is that people don't have to post and their opinion can be anonymous.

I am eager to see where this poll goes in a day or two.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie;
How long will you have this poll open? I just ordered my BQ and will probably not have anything to report on for at least a month. Any chance this will stay open that long Rolling Eyes?
I look forward to reading the results of the poll. Great thinking Winnie !
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I voted that I am happy with my SP. I had my 7th treatment tonight. The things I think I'm seeing ... some slight lightening of hyperpigmentation, evening of skin tone (the IE products I am using did help brighten my skin tone as well, but since using this machine I have seen further brightening and my skin just seems more even toned) and I believe I finally might be seeing some lessening of the large pores around my nose area. One area I'm not sure about is the area under my eyes ... sometimes I think the dark circles might be less, then other days they seem just as bad. I'm hoping continued use might help with increasing collagen under my eyes (I think this will take quite a while though if it does work under my eyes), so the dark circles won't show up as much. I don't have any wrinkles, so I can't comment on the effectiveness of that. I wasn't expecting to see hugely dramatic results right away and figure some of these things I am trying to "fix" may take some time, but I also bought this machine with the intent that it would be somewhat preventative for future aging as well.

Two areas I'd like to use it on as well are my hands and neck/upper chest area (I keep meaning to, but just don't get around to it!).
kitty143
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:35 am      Reply with quote
I have seen no results with the BQ. This poll talks about antiaging results. I do think that these devices work with pain and with acne. Perhaps the poll should differentiate that from antiaging.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:55 am      Reply with quote
kitty143 wrote:
I have seen no results with the BQ. This poll talks about antiaging results. I do think that these devices work with pain and with acne. Perhaps the poll should differentiate that from antiaging.

In my post I did praise the use of the BQ for pain. The poll questions do not focus on beauty/medical. Most (according to threads) are using the Quasar or Nuface for skin issues.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, I know the the LightStim isn't nearly as expensive as the Quasar or NuFace, but would you start a poll on it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Winnie, I know the the LightStim isn't nearly as expensive as the Quasar or NuFace, but would you start a poll on it?

Salli,

Sorry, I did not mean to leave out any device. It is just that the threads are so long on the Quasar and Nuface I thought this might be helpful. Unfortunately, I can't edit this thread to add the LightStim (would if I could Smile ). Anyone can start a poll. Start a new subject and follow the poll directions. HTH Wink
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Maybe a seperate poll for Nuface?

Brilliant idea. I'd love to know the ages of the people who bought it, the specific issues they wanted to address, and how often they used it before voting.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, this is terrific Exclamation Unfortunately, I'm still as confused as ever b/c each machine gets very mixed results - no clear winner Confused
ReginaB
5% products discount

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Nuface
Happy with it - 2 weeks
44 years old, sagging skin around eyes and neck. Deep wrinkles from squinting from sun.

Using with DMAE and tripple C serum.

Noticable difference, however, I only started the serums the week before.

I do have a friend running an OMNILUX machine in CA and it does work. He states it takes either 5 types of light or 5 different wavelengths for anti aging.

He spent $35K for this unit in his salon.

wwwuvasuncom
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I only have the BQ to comment on, but I've been using it for a few months now and am very happy with it.
decadc

Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the BQ once weekly for 4 treatments, and last week did it twice. I've just turned 37 and the little wrinkles under my eyes and dark circles have plagued me for about a year. I've really noticed improvement with last week's addition of a second treatment. I am definitely happy with it. A couple of sun damage spots are fading nicely, too. I haven't used
CP serums of any kind, and nothing else in my routine has changed- just BQ. So, I really think that it is causing my good results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
So far the Quasar seems to be getting positive feedback in this poll...10 positive 5 negative. The Nuface 4 positive 4 negative.

Surely there are more people out there that have these devices. Please vote....you don't have to post.

Thanks everyone Wink
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Positive votes for both the SP Quasar and the Nuface.

Nuface tightens and tones face. Benefits are most noticeable after using but I think the effect is cumulative. I'll post more as I continue to use.

Quasar - plumps up skin, brightening, and better skin tone / color. I also use the Quasar for acupuncture meridian stimulation! I need to energize SLK (spleen, liver, & kidney meridians - they run on the inside of the leg).

My skin has looked better and less breakouts (mine are usually hormonal) -- but, then again, I've also been using better products and recommendations from the forums Laughing My crow's feet and ll are less defined / more plumped but I've also changed moisturizers and had a microdermabrasion. Sorry, I refuse to do "research" mode and do just one thing to identify the cause.

I think both the Nuface & Quasar are good for maintainence and reversal is more likely to be cumulative.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Quasar SP 6 times so far. I have definitely seen an improvement in terms of brightening and hydrating my skin. I'm going to change my routine to twice a week and see if I can improve it even more. My daughter (35) has also used it 4 times so far, and is really pleased with the improved clarity and softness of her skin. All I can say is it's worked for us, but needed to get past the third treatment and cut out the low frequency setting before it really made a difference. Every complexion is different so if it isn't working for you, e-mail James or Alex and try a different routine. Also I think your expectations have to be realistic. While these devices will improve and enhance your skin, they will not perform miracles, and I believe it takes quite some time for collagen to build, so I'm expecting to see optimum results in a year or two.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've probably been using first the BQ and now the Q longer than anyone. I really love it. When I got the Quasar, because it saved me so much time, I started to do my chest. I don't have very much sundamage on my face, but I have lots of freckles on my chest and shoulders.

Since treating those areas, the freckles are slowly fading. But, the best result is my skin tone there! I'm really very pleased with it. It's done a great job of evening out the tone of my skin. Plus, if I use the Q after using a scrub in the shower, when I follow it with body oil or one of my delicious body souffles (I've been making them and I have to really exercise restraint to keep from sticking my tongue in the jar Laughing ), my skin seems to just drink it in. I think I'd do this all over my body if I had the time!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
I also use the Quasar for acupuncture meridian stimulation! I need to energize SLK (spleen, liver, & kidney meridians - they run on the inside of the leg).

lunarmm, can I ask you for a bit more detail on how you do this? I have a lightstim, and I know it's the same frequency as acupuncture laser pens, but it doesnt have a narrow needle like head, it's about an inch and a half wide. I figure this doesnt matter, as it stimulates the general area of the point. The question in my mind is how long to hold it in place for.

I have actually been holding against my ear, as the ear had all the points in microcosm, and I thought it would be a general toning.

But I feel a bit hit and miss about it I'm making it up as I go along.

Can you tell me more about your technique, and give me some pointers, pretty please?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi catski,

Yes, it's true that your ear has all the points - it is like an inverted fetus when the points are diagrammed (similar in idea to reflexology where hands and feet have all of the body systems represented).

I know I have issues with my yin meridians - especially spleen needs stimulation, so I use the Quasar along the line of the meridian - in the direction that the meridian flows (up the leg). I leave it on a point for at least 20 seconds before moving to the next point. I kind of leave it up to intuition about how long...

Two sites with online meridian charts are:
http://www.acumedico.com/meridians.htm
http://www.yinyanghouse.com/acupuncturepoints/locations_theory_and_clinical_applications

Hope this info helps some. Lasers are used often in Chinese medicine / energy medicine. They are good because they stimulate the points internally (past the skin point).

Of course, when you don't have lasers, needles, etc., you can use your fingers (acupressure). Healing with hands can do wonders as well as we are all energy systems and that energy flows through our hands. There are a number of good books out there for lay people. One is "Acupressure's Potent Points" by Michael Reed Gach. A good resource to learn about "Energy Medicine" iswww.innersource.net - a lot of Donna Eden's work uses the Chinese meridian system. Learning points and techniques is very empowering as you can help yourself.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |