Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
puffy face in the morning?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jellytot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
hello everyone, just wanna know if u have any tricks to remedy a puffy face in the morning?
i know that not eating late at night is probably a good preventive measure,

but what if yr face is already suffering from puffiness?are there any ways to get rid of it immediately?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
reduce salt intake,make sure you drink enough water and sleep on back propped up., if you lay flat you could look puffy.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
i agree with lucyluc, prop that head up, up, up!

also, do not drink any liquids 2 hours before bedtime--this WORKS. but that means that you should drink lots of liquids up until then, otherwise you will get dehydrated. then, if you eat something salty = puffville!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Splash your face with cold water when you wake up in the morning or better yet, fill your skin with ice and cold water and take a few plunges. Instant wake-up! Really reduces the puffiness in your face if you're brave enough to do so. Also, avoid caffeine the night before and in the morning. Drink lots of water throughout the day to keep hydrated and to help flush out toxins. Give yourself a facial lymphatic massage regularly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
totally agree with wildflower and also do not put too rich face cream/night cream let your skin breathe
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I like looking puffy in the morning actually my face looks younger so maybe I should drink water at night, eat salt and sleep horizontal! Smile
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I like looking puffy in the morning actually my face looks younger so maybe I should drink water at night, eat salt and sleep horizontal! Smile

ROFL!!!!
jellytot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
this is going to sound crazy--this puffiness seemed to have started when i began using seakelp bioferment. my skin loves it, and is really dewy, but is it possible that the SKB is such a powerful humectant that it makes the face puffy from all the moisture absorbed into the skin?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
i have no idea, but if that is the case, I'm sure the lucyluc would like to buy it off of you! Surprised

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
paleface
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've noticed a great decrease in morning puffiness since using the press-release method of applying Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Cream twice a day. What they say about lymphatic massage must be true! (You could use this method with any product.)
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Jellytot, is it possible that you have an allergy to something? That would cause your face to be puffy in the morning also.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:

I'm going to do this and the SKB, maybe "puffy" means stretched out wrinkles. Pray
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Its true...in the evening I tend to look a little gaunt..in the morning my face looks full and I look younger. I think I am going to get sculptra to touchup my face so I can always look like I do in the morning.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Drink tons of water and black coffee.......it'll go away in a few hours
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:45 am      Reply with quote
warning:

I forgot to mention that in addition to a puffy face, if you eat lots of salt, sleep horizontally, and drink h20 before bed, you will get unsightly bags under your eyes too, esp if you are over 30!

so beware!
I used to suffer from puffy bags under my eyes, and I used to have the habit of drinking lots of water before bed and during sleep, and when i stopped, the bags went away!

--avalange

tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:

I used to suffer from puffy bags under my eyes, and I used to have the habit of drinking lots of water before bed and during sleep, and when i stopped, the bags went away!

--avalange

That's really weird -- I've never heard that drinking water before bed could cause that. I always drink water in the evening, but that hasn't happened to me yet -- though, I'm sure that it will at some point! Sad I'll just have to tuck that little piece of knowledge away until I need it. Very Happy
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
i do notice puffiness, but it will goes away after half to one hour. Somehow, I think some puffiness actually takes away the wrinkle esp. around eye circle.
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
jellytot- are you experiencing puffiness anywhere else? fingers? ankles? If you are, there could be something else going on, kidney, heart, etc..you might want to see a Dr. If it's only your face, I agree with the other ladies. Another option for cold, besides the sink dunk (makes me think of Mommie Dearest!!), would be to put a frozen bag of peas over your face for a few minutes. It's light and flexible-I always keep some in my freezer for when one of my boys hurts..whatever. After you use it, just toos it back in the freezer for next time.
Robin
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
reduce salt intake,make sure you drink enough water and sleep on back propped up., if you lay flat you could look puffy.

is it good for the neck though if you pump your head up?

i have puffery face and eyes too in the morning.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if it works but i've read that drinking water just before you sleep at night causes puffiness the next morning, some water-retention thing of our bodies? The cure is to plunge your face into a basin of ice cold water and ice cubes for a while? I've never tried that though. For my puffy eyes i usually just use teabags and leave them on for a few minutes Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:06 am      Reply with quote
just an fyi--if you think you are prone to broken capillaries and spider veins then DO NOT EVER dunk your face in cold water with ice cubes!!!! Extreme changes in temp, cold and hot, will cause more capillaries to show...

--avalange

blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, it is said to be better that drinking more water during the day but less at night.

lucyluc wrote:
sallyann2007

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
here is some info on puffy eyes I took from the dry-skin-care web site:

"At home treatments are a perfect cure for puffy eyes. The most important thing that you can do is to make sure that you have proper hydration. Make sure that you limit your salt and alcohol intake. These things can rob the body of the fluid it needs to make your skin and body the healthiest it can be. Drink plenty of water each day. When your eyes appear puffy, cool compresses are great. Sliced cucumbers or tea bags on the eyes can work wonders. Wet cotton balls or a cold wash cloth is great too. The cold helps to constrict those blood vessels making eyes look less puffy. You can also use cold compress bags. Just make sure that you protect your eyes by wrapping the bag in a towel."

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
jellytot wrote:
hello everyone, just wanna know if u have any tricks to remedy a puffy face in the morning?
i know that not eating late at night is probably a good preventive measure,

but what if yr face is already suffering from puffiness?are there any ways to get rid of it immediately?

Don't drink much water at night,
have a large pillow,
massage when washing face in the morning,
have a cup of black coffee after breakfast

I think all these will work
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
blaziamm wrote:
Actually, it is said to be better that drinking more water during the day but less at night.

lucyluc wrote:

Yeah~ I think I had heard that drinking too much at night is not good for kidney
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |