Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

vitamins for skin & hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Glow
5% products discount

Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
i heard a lot about how certain vitamins or supplements can make your skin and hair look and feel great. i was wondering if anyone had consultations with nutritonists on that topic or knows anything about it? i'm thinking about getting into all that "natural supplements" routine, but don't know if it's worth it.... Question Question
Mui

Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Glow, Laughing
I'm new in here, nice to meet you! I know grape extract is good for skin becuase it has antioxidant effect. Very Happy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:39 am      Reply with quote
I've read that also. If your diet is not varied I would take a general mutli vitamin & mineral supplement - not that I'm qualified to advise but most people don't get 5 portions of fresh fruit and vege everyday.

Alpha Lipoic Acid is supposed to the good for the skin.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I started taking 2000mg of EPO to counteract killer period pains, and it has really improved my skin AND my tits seem a bit bigger! Bonus!!! Very Happy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:34 am      Reply with quote
LOL Laughing

Well I take it for it's anti-inflammatory effects, never heard of it having an affect on someones boobs before.
Glow
5% products discount

Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
wow! that;s a vitamin with a great side effect! i'd love to get bigger boobs, i'll give that a try, guapagirl! Drool

i don;t eat much red meat, so i think i need to be taking iron, but otherwise my diet is pretty good - loads of veggies and friuts. but i know dr hauschka has all thses different supplements that are supposed to help you with skin tone and hair growth... anyone tried these?
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl, sorry but what is EPO? Embarassed
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
thoughtcrime: EPO is evening primrose oil.
I also take about 2000mg a day (which sounds like a lot but is just two average sized capsules). My sister gets bad period pain and tender boobs (is that too much info?) so she started taking it and really noticed a difference. I've noticed that my skin clears up much faster than it used to, not sure if that is the EPO or the new products I'm using but either way, EPO is so cheap there no excuse not to really.
There's an organic skincare line made in New Zealand from all local products called Living Nature and the woman that is behind that recommends 5000mg a day, now that's just too many pills!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
kiwigirl, thanks! I actually am taking primrose oil (mixed with flax and other fatty oils though) now as well. Just didn't know what the acronym stood for. Rolling Eyes
Mabsy

Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Glow wrote:
but i know dr hauschka has all thses different supplements that are supposed to help you with skin tone and hair growth... anyone tried these?

That's a current experiment Smile I think we have two EDS forum users who have recently purchased this and will hopefully report back soon Smile
Mabsy

Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:38 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
I started taking 2000mg of EPO to counteract killer period pains, and it has really improved my skin AND my tits seem a bit bigger! Bonus!!! Very Happy

*runs to the shops* Anxious
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
excellent post Mabsy... I have to admit, I think I've slightly, ummm, 'expanded' in the 'upper regions' since using epo, nice for those of us a little less endowed than others! keep us posted on your progress!!! Smile
Mabsy

Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:09 am      Reply with quote
I wonder what the explanation for it is... But hey, whatever the explanation it won't hurt to try it Laughing
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, i started taking arctium & zinc compound, that's the tablet name, by phyto medicine. (1500 IU retinyl acetate; 16mg pyridoxine hydrochloride, echinacea purpurea 600mg, 400mg rumex crispus (yellow dock), 500mg calendula officinalis (marigold); 800mg arctium lappa (burdock) and 65mg zinc sulfate.)

It's been 2 weeks and i've seen a real improvement in skin conditions already, especially on the body!

i also started taking "Livertonic" at the same time (my naturopath said it's good for hormonal balance to prevent pre-period breakouts and quite cleansing for the skin and body). so not sure whether the improvement's from which particular tablet, but i was told it's a good combo.

They are both tablets, just one a day Very Happy

umm....now to try EPO.....

i need boobs.. Embarassed
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
how long before you notice the, um "side effects" (LOL) of EPO,
and do you "expand" in other areas that you don't want expanding such as tummy and thighs? Embarassed
Pinay24
5% products discount

Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like Britney's Song "Boobies one more size"? Give me boobies one more size. I probably need more than one size increase. LOL Who doesn't wan't to have a full breast size anyway.
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
thoughtcrime: can't exactly tell you when i noticed an "increase", but luckily it didn't seem to affect other areas.
one other thing i have noticed though is that my hair and finger nails grow faster too, not sure if that is because of the epo or just something particular to me but that's what i can report!
Mabsy

Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:02 am      Reply with quote
So I bought some EPO.... Embarassed 1000mg capsules. Man these suckers are big! It'll be quite interesting because I'm not too good at swallowing pills.

Anyways, I plan to take 2/day and see how "we" go Smile I hope my nails won't grow faster though, they grow too fast as is Confused

Sparkle - I've taken Livertonic before. I'm not sure if it's the same brand - evil smelling brown elongated tablets from what I recall. I'm not quite sure what they did for me in terms of skin but they did improve my digestion.

Mabsy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
HA HA, Laughing I just ordered some EPO too!
Caspers Mum

Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Pinay24 wrote:
Sounds like Britney's Song "Boobies one more size"? Give me boobies one more size. I probably need more than one size increase. LOL Who doesn't wan't to have a full breast size anyway.

To answer your question about "wanting more fullness". There is someone who doesn't want this: ME Rolling Eyes Though if medical science learns how to provide tissue donations to other women, I'd be volunteering to donate some of my own to those who are "less fortunate" Put it this way: this chicka doesn't run-around, sans-brasierre. I might get black eyes, and look like something from a National Geographic special. "cute". not.
Glow
5% products discount

Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing well, i have joined the others and have been taking epo for 3 days already!!! we'll see how it goes....

ps you are all are so much FUN, ladies Laughing
cbeb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, where can u buy epo? and is it suitable for a teenager?
Gabriel
5% products discount

Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:24 am      Reply with quote
did someone said bigger boobs?! Shock

Why did i just found out about this!!!!

EPO is my new favourite product. Very Happy

Will keep you guys updated on my growth! Laughing
Mabsy

Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
I'd be volunteering to donate some of my own to those who are "less fortunate"

dibs! Laughing My mum keeps voluteering hers too but so far medical science has not obliged....

Quote:
Put it this way: this chicka doesn't run-around, sans-brasierre. I might get black eyes, and look like something from a National Geographic special. "cute". not.

rofl
Mabsy

Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering.... but is anyone doing some sort of a "measured" experiment here? Or are we just going by perception? Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |