Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Revitalash, JMarini, Ardell, how long?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Loreg
5% products discount

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Many of us expect to have longer, thicker lashes with this product. Now the question is how long will you use it? How to keep (and not spoil!!!) the results we obtain with these products? Ideas?
I am currently using RL and I am not sure if I will need more than one tube. (Or change to JM?). I will definitively use Ardell to condition (cheap and worth it), but I wonder if I will need another tube of JM or RL in the near future....
(I am also making my budget now!! Very Happy )
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on 1 month with RL.. I use Ardell in the AM and RL in the PM. If I get great results with RL within 2 more months I will continue on purchasing more.. Not sure about the budget Crying or Very sad .. Really looking forward to CareKate's Lush Lash Serum more though! Very Happy
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I know somewhere on the forum someone switched to once a week after using for three months. She said she kept up the results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using JM since Sept 06. In December I decided my lashes were where I wanted them to be and started using the serum every 2-3 nights instead of every night with positive results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Loreg. You will need to continue using an eyelash growth serum to maintain your results. The eyelashes you have today, you won't have in 3 months. In other words, your lashes have cycles too. They fall out and you grow new ones. I'm hoping along with everyone else, that like Marla is doing, we can hopefully maintain results by using the serum 2 or 3 nights a week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
This is precisely what I was thinking about - lessening the frequency of the expensive product! Good to know that is on the cards.
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I started using JM's lash product the end of June 2006 and love the results even though I am probably not using enough of it. I think it says it should last 3 months but I've used it every night and I'm still using it, and I still have a little product left despite the tube leaking all over my makeup bag when it went on an airline. Shock
I have to find more of this fast. It reminds me of a show I saw on tv once where you buy this water that makes you look really young, and then it becomes really expensive and you're hooked, addicted, etc. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ha! Aimee as far as I know nobody has it. Are you not interested in Revitalash?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Are you all refrigerating your RL, or JM to make it last longer?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I hadnt thought of that since I will have 3 tubes of JM and 1 of revitalash!
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I might have to try Revitalash since it'll take someone 3 months to try out the new and improved JM before we'll know for sure if it really is improved. I don't want my old lashes back, so I'm going to try whatever I can to keep them.
As for the refrigeration of JM, I use mine right before I go to sleep and I know if I had to trek down to the refrigerator to get it when I'm really dying to get into bed, I'd never use it. Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I don't refrigerate either. Although I do need to ask Revitalash and JM what the shelf life is. Especially since I have 7 tubes of the RL. They, of course, have never been opened and are sealed in shrink wrap so hopefully, they will be fine for a long time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I have the new JM on backorder with lovely skin that is supposed to have been shipped by now(I'll believe it when I see it)I too will not use it however until I see positive feedback here from virgin users who have been posting here for awhile.I put a little more credibility in a longtime poster than someone who only posts once(could be a plant)
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Patty, and other resellers -

You would need to call RL or yor Rep specifically. But in general, an unopened comercial product will have a one to three year shelf life. Assuming it is stored in cool dark location, without temperature extrems.

This allows companys to create products, store them in warehouses or store selves durning the sale process without concerns of product degradation. A three year cycle is the common expectation.

However, part of this is based on shelf life of the active ingrediants, and only RL can tell you the specifics on that. It may differ a bit.

Also eyecare products tend to have a shorter 1 year shelf life, then other products, because of different types/levels of preservatives used for a product for the sensitive eye area.

So that may facter in also. I would think one year is a realistic minimum, for an unopened, factory sealed product.

An opened product, you are actively useing should not need refrigeration, as both products contain preservatives. Of course do not store on a windowsill where it is exposed to heat from sunlight, or under sink, where hot water pipes create heat.

If you have extra products to sell, like Patty -or extra products for personal use. Keep them sealed, and I would probably store excess in a cool location, (basement, cool cupboard) or you could refrigerate.

But do not allow to rest against Fridge wall where frezing is a concern and could damage product.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |