Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

obagi nu-derm w/o hydroquinone??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Yve
5% products discount

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm considering to start with obagi nu-derm. the only seriously disqualification seems to be the HQ, I'm a bit afraid of it's possible side affects Confused

what would happen (or NOT happen) if I would only use gentle cleanser, toner, exfoderm and tretinoin? for sure nu-derm can't take it's complete affect, but as I don't have got any freckles, pigment moles or liver spots -"only" some spots, hightened pores, irritations and a few even acne-scars, my the complexion is uneven, looks pale and partially reddened- perhaps it would work anyhow? Rolling Eyes

what do you think?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Yve - The main focus of the Nu-derm system is eliminating hyperpigmentation/freckles/age spots since it's primary ingredient is hydroquinone. It combines this with retin-a for the anti-aging benefits of the retin-a.

Can you please explain what issues you are trying to address specifically, and maybe then others can help you properly? If you don't have any pigmentation issues though, I would just stick to the Differen your derm prescribed and tell you to forget any of the Obagi Nu-Derm products as it would probably not be worth the money for you to add them to your routine. But again until I know exactly what issues you are trying to deal with, it's hard to recommend a routine.
Yve
5% products discount

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
hi TAMgirl99,

thanks for your answer! Smile

I would like to get a new smooth, harmonious and rosy well-hydrated skin with small pores and without any irritations and reddened sites and no spots or blackheads.

I've already tested different kinds of creams and cream-programms but they all failed.

I've got absolutely no idea what to do - nu-derm seemed to be THE solution to revolutionize my skin Sad
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with tamgirl. If you are don't have hyperpigmentation problem and don't want to use HQ, there is no need for obagi.

Getting a rx retinoid is the right start. You also need a great spf that you wear everyday. For blackheads, you can try bha or mandelic acid. Since you have sensitive skin, you want to see how your skin reacts for differen. Start with 1 new product at a time...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Yve - Then I think you should stick with just the Differin for now and after you've given it several weeks reassess and see what you might need to add to your routine (i.e. BHA/AHA's). Differin should help with pore size, black heads, etc. but you should start slowly and work your way up to nightly applications. I've never used Differin myself but I would assume since it is an alternate to retin-a that you should apply it and work your way up to daily use.

mtview is right on the addition of sunscreen, especially since Differin will make your skin more sensitive to the sun. You don't want to do cause more damage by not using a good sunscreen. Also, I would recommend you find a very mild cleanser that you like as well, since you could potentially overdo it with a harsh cleanser. Good luck and keep us posted!
Yve
5% products discount

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:49 am      Reply with quote
hello TAMgirl and mtview,

thank you for helping me! I think you are right - starting with the Differin (and ONLY the Differin) makes sound sense and I'll do so. let's see if it works Smile

I'll keep you posted with the effects!

love
yve
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |