Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Hair Coloring Questions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
draqulet
5% products discount

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I need help. Heres my problem. For yrs and yrs I was a blond my natural color is dark brown, About a year ago ( many a bit longer) I had lowlights put in and left the blond for highlights. It got expensive and time consuming so one day (about 6 months ago) I bought a box of nice and easy light golden brown and did the whole head. Came out okay and been doing it since but I have a lot of red highlights. I was going to put in a light ash brown but some people told me it would turn my hair green. any suggestions out there? My hair is very long and green hair would be very noticiable. I remember using a product called unred years ago when I dyed my hair I would put 8 drops in with the dye and it removed the red. Does anyone have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Very Happy
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
i had mine colored by a stylist about 4 days ago. I specifically stated "no more red". She put light ash brown on. So far so good, but I'll let you know in a month or so. Wink
draqulet
5% products discount

Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Debbied,
Did you have highlights colored? If so what color is your hair and did you know what they used? Any information would be helpful.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
If you have a beauty supply store you can go to they should be able to help.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
As I post this, my hair is soaking in L'Oreals Light Ash Brown haircolor. I decided to lighten my hair. Big mistake. I'm normally medium brown, and thought I would try something different. My hair turned out a dark strawberry blonde - not for me. It made my complexion look really pink. So, here I am trying to get some brown into my hair again. The ash colors will take out reddish or goldish tones in your hair. Wish me luck. I think I'm going to have to do some major conditioning after all this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
draqulet, my hair had a reddish color. Naturally, I'm brown. Always thought my hair was a med to dark brown, but the lt. brown ash is a pretty good match. Don't know who makes it but I'll ask.
draqulet
5% products discount

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Just was wondering how the hair turned out????????????????
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Just an update on my hairdye disaster. I am so happy with the final color. I purchased L'Oreal Superior Preference Natural Light Ash Brown (#16). Now, keep in mind, this is the 3rd, yes 3rd time coloring my hair this week alone. First Blondissima bleach, then dark blonde (that's what made my hair strawberry) and now the ash brown. I thought my hair would be completely fried. The last couple of nights, I deep conditioned it with a mixture of Ojon, rosehip oil, and seakelp bioferment and today it is soft and actually shines. The color turned out exactly the shade on the box - absolutely no reddish or goldish tones, just a nice light warm brown. I guess some people just can't go too light - it really clashed with my skintone. I think I'll stick to this shade from now on.

5% products discount

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Debster1000
3 times in one week and u bleached it too. Wow u are lucky. I don't know why everyone keeps telling me the ash could make my hair green, Naturally its dark brown. what my hair is now is a reddish brown. Everyone says do it a light netural brown. I want the red out, you would think its ash brown that I need.
as a blonde I always used Loreal les blondiness. Maybe I should try loreal instead of nice and easy. I know you should always go lighter than u are. If you go by the color on the box it lways comes out darker. Its been a week since I did it. Maybe i SHOULD WAIT TWO MORE WEEKS AND PUT TWO BOXES of loreal ash brown in it. My hair is halfway down my back and I guess I have to do the whole thing. Confused
draqulet
5% products discount

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I can't find a #16 I see a #6?
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
draqulet,

My hair is also half way down my back and I always get away with using only one box, but only if I use L'Oreal. I guarantee you, if you use an ash shade, it will take all the red out. You're right, I am really lucky that my hair survived this last week of experiments. Oh, and as I mentioned, my hair color is exactly the shade on the box, but I lightened it first, so maybe that's why. Let us know how you make out.

5% products discount

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to bother you one more question. I usually do the roots first then leave that on for 20 minutes. then I do the rest and leave that on for 10 more minutes. should I do it all at once instead??what did you do?
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Because I had grey roots, I started with the roots and then just continue. So basically, I leave the color on my entire head of hair for 25 min. Hope that helps.

5% products discount

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
you said.Superior Preference natural light ash brown .#16..right ..I have been looking online and I can't find a #16 but I did find a #6 was it a typo or was it excellece??
draqulet
5% products discount

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Debster1000
Well I just went to Walgreens and bought 2 boxes of Superior Preference light ash brown #6A. I got two boxes just incase I need it. Since I live in Vegas I get a lot of guests, So tomorrow another guest is coming, so next week I am going to attempt this. I will let you know how I make out. Very Happy
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
draqulet,

Checked to make sure. It is #16, but I'm
in Canada, so maybe the numbers aren't the same. Same color though. Good luck!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |