Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Who uses DMAE serum? What is your opinion?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
What do you think of using DMAE and what kind of results are you getting?

What strength do you use, how often and where?

I started using a 5% serum a week ago on my face, neck, decollete and boobs. However, it turned out to be too irritating for me on my face and my decollete. It made my skin reddish and and itch. I switched to 3% which is much better. I am using it as an anti-aging active basically for prevention to keep skin firm. Im mostly interested in keeping my boobs and eyes firm.

I suppose some irritation is normal at first as I read earlier form some replies from a previous post.

What is your opinion about DMAE??

Thanks Smile
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've recently purchased PSF DMAE gel (3%), but I haven't used it that much. Every time I did, my skin was so dry that it took days to get it back to being hydrated. I don't know if this is a normal transition to DMAE, or just me. I will continue with it for a while longer, although I don't know if it is for me. Or maybe a smaller percentage would be better...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am using the 4% dmae serum from skinactives, and it's not drying for me. I am thinking to make my own dmae since it will be much cheaper. I'll try to imitate their ingredients.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I used PSF DMAE serum and my skin didn't like it at all - it caused a rash.
I normally love PSF products but DMAE isn't for me.
kalegr
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:24 am      Reply with quote
I use PSF's DMAE gel, at first I was so impressed with the results I started using it twice a day, that lasted about 2-3 days, my skin became quite dry ie lacked hydration, I reverted back to once a day but I had to juggle the order of the products I use to combat the drying effect, this seems to work for me -

PM

Cleanse [A'kin] Rose & Geranium Pure Creamy Cleanser (love this product)
Tone with PSF Firming Facial Toner
Apply PSF DMAE and wait 10 mins
Apply Avene Diacneal and wait 30 mins
Apply CP serum try to wait at least 10 mins
Finally apply PSF BerryBeneficial and over that Emu Oil

If not much time, I sometimes skip the Diacneal only because of the wait time - I really like this product as well.

Since changing the order of the products I don't have the same dryness issues that I initially experienced from DMAE.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I have been using my own DIY Pom-Aloe 4% DMAE serum every morning for the past 5 months over my forehead, upper eyelids, under eyes,cheeks, jowls, neck and decolletage.

It has certainly firmed and tightened all those areas; my upper eyelids were beginning to get hooded before I started, but not anymore.

BTW, Pom-Aloe is my own aloe vera juice (from a balcony pot plant) mixed with powdered pomegranate extract for nutrition. I use DMAE bitartrate, and yes, it can be acidic and drying, so I counter that by adding D-Panthenol and Hyaluronic Acid to the serum for moisture. After the serum has dried on my skin, I then layer over with a moisturising cream.

Oh, and in relation to the eye area, I apply an under eye cream before dabbing my DMAE serum over it.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi there Very Happy
I've been using PSF's DMAE toner and 3% DMAE gel formulation for about 3 weeks now...The results for me were immediate in terms of the short-term tightening effect (It will be a while before I report on any long-term effects!). I DO understand the comments regarding the dry feeling but for me this is alleviated once I apply my moisturizer. I really love these two products (so far!) and would encourage anyone with slackening or mature skin to give this stuff a try! The products are very reasonably priced (and you can get them here at EDS) and, for me, they are inspiring fantastic results!
Very Happy Pudoodles
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I've been using I Feel Pretty DMAE in 3%. I do not have any irritation with Kim's products. I have been using it for only 2 weeks, but I do not know if that is long enough to get an idea. I have noticed that my superficial forehead lines are less noticeable. I am also using Kim's Matrixyl.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I use Candessence 6% DMAE on my face, throat and decollete and my own 4% on the rest of my body. A lot of folks can be sensitive to DMAE, especially if you've not used it before. Starting low at 3% and building up is an excellent way to go.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I am using the 4% dmae serum from skinactives, and it's not drying for me. I am thinking to make my own dmae since it will be much cheaper. I'll try to imitate their ingredients.

How are you getting on with this bkkgirl? I just received mine in the post today.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I just read in a previous thread that it isnt such a great serum, that it balls up.. Wink

If that is the case, maybe it's possible to add it to some skb and use it on the body..
dokusan
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I use a DMAE serum from Candessence and haven't had a problem with dryness since I apply other products (including moisturizer) over it. I have certainly noticed firming around my jawline and upper eyelids in the short term and I understand that the results are cumulative with long-term use.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
dokusan wrote:
I use a DMAE serum from Candessence and haven't had a problem with dryness since I apply other products (including moisturizer) over it. I have certainly noticed firming around my jawline and upper eyelids in the short term and I understand that the results are cumulative with long-term use.

Dokusan - What percentage of Candy's DMAE are you using?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Hi there Very Happy
I've been using PSF's DMAE toner and 3% DMAE gel formulation for about 3 weeks now...The results for me were immediate in terms of the short-term tightening effect (It will be a while before I report on any long-term effects!). I DO understand the comments regarding the dry feeling but for me this is alleviated once I apply my moisturizer. I really love these two products (so far!) and would encourage anyone with slackening or mature skin to give this stuff a try! The products are very reasonably priced (and you can get them here at EDS) and, for me, they are inspiring fantastic results!
Very Happy Pudoodles

I have a sample of PSF's DMAE toner with neroli and I love how it feels on my skin. Even thugh I don't have slackening or mature skin yet, I think I will purchase a full size in the future.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm using a homemade DMAE serum and I'd say it's at about 5%, I haven't used it long enough to see anything, but I *think* I feel tightening almost immediately.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

How are you getting on with this bkkgirl? I just received mine in the post today.

If I'm careful not to use too much and allow enough drying time, it will be fine. Otherwise, I do get the balling up effect. However I think that's the same for all the other ones, too.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
catski wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

If I'm careful not to use too much and allow enough drying time, it will be fine. Otherwise, I do get the balling up effect. However I think that's the same for all the other ones, too.

good to know, thankyou for that.
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I made my own and it doesnt ball up either. I used just DMAE bitartrate powder, dest. H2O and propylene glycol.
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Loving DMAE! PSF 3% gel on the whole face, once a day, before day & eye creams. I've been using it for about 3 weeks, thanks to forum recommendations, and am lying to myself that I am actually 5 years younger. I've just received another 2 bottles from my last EDS order. I love this stuff.

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
dokusan
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi ScotsLass. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I am using the 4% DMAE from Candessence and was planning to go up to the 6% on my next purchase. But I am a lot older than you [58] and probably need a lot more firming especially around the jawline.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi donkusan - thanks for the reply! I have a few more questions for you! How long have you been using Candy's 4% DMAE, and is this the first time you've ever used any kind of DMAE serum? I have decided to do as you have and start with Candy's 4% because I am not certain how my skin will tolerate it (it can be sensitive when I least expect it!). Though my overall skin tone is fairly good, I am detecting some noticible change's around my jawline and have some serious problems with upper eyelid 'hoodies' (part of this is age-related, but more of the problem is a result of genetic's). I am currently saving my loonies (aka dollars in Canada Wink ) for a brow lift with upper eyelid surgery, but would like to do something in the interim to help reduce some of the sagging. I am hoping that a DMAE serum will do the trick, but have read a lot of conflicting reviews regarding skin tolerance issues; the serum balling up; and texture or smell concerns. It seems a bit tricky to find the "right one". I also have skin that dehydrates a lot in the winter, so should I use a HA serum on top of the DMAE to counter any dryness that may occur with Candy's serum, or is her DMAE serum hydrating enough on it's own?

Thanks for your help!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I just received my PSF 3% dmae gel and so far I love it. I am 43 and need to address definate loose skin issues Sad.

Previously (for the past 4 months after I had my son) I've been using my own DMAE serum made from BAC's DMAE bitartrate, distilled water, propolyne glycol and a minute drop of calendula oil. Truthfully I haven't noticed a thing, but wish I had. I experimented with strengths, and kept increasing the amount of DMAE-but just got irrritated instead of seeing any tightening results.

I am hoping the DMAE amine formula will present better results for me. I'll keep you posted.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the PSF DMAE and my skin is responding well!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have very dry skin and I started using the psf 3% DMAE about a month ago along with their HA serum. I love both products! absolutely outstanding. I choose psf because of the Amine form and the Johnson study. The only negative is that I can not tell when I am going to run out of the DMAE since it is not in a clear container. I absolutely can not go with out these products. My skin glows and the makeup goes on super smooth! Thanks to everyone on this forum and PSF! Now if I could just get rid of the peskey 11 line in between my eybrows. Any suggestions! No Botox please!
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Dear All, I have a serious problem with the DMAE's odor. So far I have only used GOW and I can't stand that fishy smell. It really never goes away, though it lessens as the hours go by. Has anyone found one that doesn't smell? I really would like to find one that I can tolerate. Any help is appreciated.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |