Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Detox... I had a wonderful experience, for weight and skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I know this is a little off topic. I started the one day detox program, well actually it takes 11 days. After my 2nd pregnancy and the holidays, i weighed 136 pounds !!! for 5.5, I started this and within 7 days I lost 6,5 pounds and I'm now on my Detox day AND my skin looks fabulous and tighter. Did anyone else did this program? Did the weight stay off? Do you somehow incorporate ist
starter2expert
5% products discount

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations! It is amazing! I gained a lot of weight since this 2 years. I am quite interested in this program. Would you please let me know a bit more about it, say price, how hard it is (I am kinda lazy Embarassed ), or will the weight come back afterwards...
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
yeah I wanna know more about this detox program too. Can u elaborate more into it? Thanks! Very Happy
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi I bought this book http://www.amazon.com/Fast-Track-One-Day-Detox-Diet/dp/0767920457

you can also buy it on Ebay for 4 dollars, the lady also has her own website. A little summary: for 11 days no caffeine (I had a diet coke * spam alert * for 15 years and still am amazed I could do it), no suger, no starches, as less fat possible, no alcohol ...

Then you can choose different vegatables and fruit for every day, she also has menu's in her book. Well for instance you can eat 1 cup of broccoli and cauliflower, 2 eggs any style, 2 times a day protein as meat, fish, turkey or chicken, a berrie smoothie once a day and a couple of snacks...

It seemed to me very healthy so thats why I started it and just can't believe the results, I hope it stays off:)
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Oh here I come on an article http://www.lifetimefitness.com/magazine/index.cfm?strWebAction=article_detail&intArticleId=370 which explains it all in a summary, so all you need to do is buy the book on ebay or something and start cooking:) She will mentions products she sell on her website but I just didn't pay attention to it, I just followed the routine and it worked, well works, I still have 3,5 days to go:)
starter2expert
5% products discount

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information! The hard thing for me is that I rarely cook and I love eating all kinds of food, whatever is tasty, even junk food. I know I am bad. Rolling Eyes But I am still considering to try it. Thanks anyway!
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information. It sounds like something we can all try.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
well the funny thing, I'm not a cooker either, but to make a boiled egg or a scrambled egg, or bake chicken with broth lemon, or toss a salad (thai beef salad) wasn't really hard to do and actually fun (I did it together with my husband)....
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
well I thought it is only 11 days, and was really desperate to loose something:) I'm just wondering when I finish I will slowely eat more starches or it will keep off or not, I hope so:) it is great I really lost a size:)
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
my naturopathic doctor put me on another detox program. the one she suggests is similar to yours,but i always cheated!
I found lunch is hard because there's not much of healthy food choices in the food court.
dinner time is hard too because i have eat with my hubby and can't resist the craving for red meats and sugar! Crying or Very sad
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I am happy that it works for you! Smile

Thanks for the information.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing your experience. Smile That detox sounds quite manageable; I think that I'd like to try it.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have been interested in trying detox, but I've been afraid that something would go wrong. I am reading more on it. Do most people fast when they do a detox?
Lisie
5% products discount

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I want to try it too.

I've been very interested/curious about detoxing for a long time now; I don't know why, but I've been a little nervous about the whole idea. I don't want to go hungry or feel weak. This sounds like what I'm looking for, plus you lose weight to boot.

Thanks for the info and web links!
raindrop921
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the fast track one day detox book!!!!! i can't wait to try it, cuz my skin has been extremely itchy these days

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
A little summary: for 11 days no caffeine (I had a diet coke * spam alert * for 15 years and still am amazed I could do it), no suger, no starches, as less fat possible, no alcohol ...

Then you can choose different vegatables and fruit for every day, she also has menu's in her book. Well for instance you can eat 1 cup of broccoli and cauliflower, 2 eggs any style, 2 times a day protein as meat, fish, turkey or chicken, a berrie smoothie once a day and a couple of snacks...

It seemed to me very healthy so thats why I started it and just can't believe the results, I hope it stays off:)

I have done this for over a week already. Like you, I see amazing results. I stopped eating anything in a box, cut out gluten (b/c I think this was making me all swollen esp. in the face), minimized sugary foods since I think I inherited bad weight reactions to high glycemic foods, and basically eat anything that I cook with predominantly seafood, chicken, vegetables and fruits.

My face is much tighter, has a glow, and I swear I look 10 years younger. No cream or lotion can do this. I have used Retin-A for the past 1.5 years and never saw my skin look this good. Trust me, I don't miss all the sugary and starchy foods. I prefer to eat fresh now.

It's amazing how most people I know eat everything that's already processed. I feel that this is why a lot of Americans are unhealthy and overweight. Fresh food that you cook is so much better and your body processes it (or breaks it down) much easily. I don't mean to sound like a gourmet food snob or anything but I used to eat cereal, canned food, frozen, boxed, whatever that I can put my hands on so I don't need to turn on the stove. In the end, I spent more money eating processed and always felt tired and old.

I do have those urges from time to time. I have a box of Cocoa Pebbles that I want to chow on for dessert but I know the orange in the refrigerator will probably taste just as good but will satisfy my body's need for fiber, Vit. C, and sweetness.

I have tried so many beauty creams on the market and I truly feel that food, exercise, and mental well being makes a person healthier and more beautiful.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
WARNING - I just went to buy this on ebay and found it for $5 with nothing marked for shipping. I guess that should have tipped me off but since the seller used a pic of the book and hkyarrington mentioned that you could get the book for $4 on ebay I didn't think twice about it. So, I went ahead and ordered 2 (one for my bf) since the seller had 7 listed for sale. This morning I got 2 identical emails from the seller with the basic recipe only. Turns out she was only selling this email! Mad

I'm going to look at the seller's page again when I get home since I feel it was VERY misleading and ask for a refund (ebay is blocked at work). I could find the same info she sent me on the internet for free! So, please let this serve as a warning to read the fine print (if there even was any)!
raindrop921
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
OMG..I order from the same person!! it was for the email???!!
are you serious?!
that is so illegal!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
This sounds interesting, although I'm pretty lazy too when it comes to food (which is why I eat way too much junk). I found this on the UK amazon site, do you think it might be pretty much the same thing? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fat-Flush-Plan-Louise-Gittleman/dp/0071435476/sr=8-1/qid=1170952381/ref=pd_ka_1/202-3847729-0807804?ie=UTF8&s=books
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I just looked what you meant, and I think it is outrageous she is very misleading and certainly not worth 5 dollars.. I'm sorry I feel very guilty. I bought the book itself on Amazon and the fat flush through this seller http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Fast-Track-Detox-Diet-by-Ann-Louise-C-N-S-Gitt_W0QQitemZ130077136931QQihZ003QQcategoryZ378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130077136931
you will see my name as a feedback hkloosterman (maidenname).
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
on amazon follow this link:
http://www.amazon.com/Fast-Track-One-Day-Detox-Diet/dp/0767920457/sr=8-2/qid=1170953068/ref=sr_1_2/002-0079981-1136848?ie=UTF8&s=books
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I think it is illegal what this person does on Ebay, don't you think? you can't use parts out of book and sell that off?
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I did a month long detox a while ago after doing a few smaller ones and I noticed a huge difference not only in my skin, but also in my energy levels and wellbeing overall. I did feel vile at the beginning for a good week or so. I did a juice fast for a week and took a whole load of supplements, then introduced raw foods and slowly other foods again.
There is a wealth of information online. I did get a few books but everything you need to know can be found online.

It's true that afterwards you go right off the thought of eating too many processed foods again and since your taste buds are much sharper you find you don't crave as much or even want to eat junk.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
My fast day is over and now I'm doing the 3day prequel, and then slowly introducing a couple more foods. I totally agree with Sel and Librarygirl, I realized while I was doing this, I was eating really bad also a lot of things I really didn't like, but ate anyway. So from now on I will change my eating habits. And boy yes I feel energized, I lost 8,5 pounds in the 8 days, which is fantastic, my eyes are nice and white, my skin glows.... I don't think I ever looked as good:) Even my husband mentioned it:)
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
raindrop921 wrote:
OMG..I order from the same person!! it was for the email???!!
are you serious?!
that is so illegal!

Well, I'm assuming it was for the email since she sent one to me with basic instructions. And the worst part is, it's still very vague. Did you get your email already? It said nothing about her sending the book and given the $0 shipping I assume the email is all we get.

The other problem I have reporting her is that I paid with paypal and she now has my address. Ordinarily that wouldn't be a big deal BUT she lives in the same zip code as me. I even sent her a comment with my payment "Thank you neighbor!". She emailed me back and was really sweet and said how our kids would probably be in the same school (if I had any). Now I'm not sure what to do, but yes this is completely illegal!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |