Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ACV - a miracle cure in your kitchen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I started hearing about the ACV rinse for your hair to eliminate build-ups. (For those of you who might be as clueless as me at first, ACV = apple cider vinegar.)

Then I was looking in to a cure for my arm ringworm that the OTC cream like Tinactin or Lotrimin could not get rid of permanently, and many people (from Google search) suggested using ACV on the ringworm topically.

One person said her husband took it internally (1.5 tbsp) twice a day, and it took care of his 6-mo.-old ringworm in 2 weeks. Then they both started taking it once a day just for general good health.

I remember hearing about taking ACV to help a person lose weight.

Are there any other benefits of ACV?

Anyone else is taking ACV daily? If so, how much? I am taking it right now 2 tbsp and I must say I really hate the taste. I would like to know how you take it, and what you mix it with?

Thank you.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I take ACV capsules, about 6 a day, it is supposed to be good for you - helps lose weight. The one I take is NOW Cider Vinegar Diet Formula with Grapefruit, Kelp, Lecithin, B-6, Chromium, & Glucomannan. Its about $10 for 180 capsules at Whole Foods. I've been taking them about 6 months, and my weight has stayed down. They do not taste like anything.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I tried ACV for about 6 months to lose weight -- didn't do anything for me. Sad
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I used to take the ACV capsules but not consistently enough to notice anything substantial. A coworker at the time said she lost a lot of weight from taking the supplements. Right now my mom is taking 1 tbsp of ACV mixed with water as recommended by her doctor to help lower her blood pressure. I am now using it mainly for hair and scalp treatments.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Google ACV - it's amazing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know about ACV being a good dieting ingredient, but it's doing miracles to my hair! I'm going to use ACV as a face toner soon, too!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I don't understand why the ACV rinse actually. I have done it every time I washed my hair since I read it on EDS, but my hair felt stiff immediately. I thought it was supposed to make my hair softer and untangled. What is up with that?
AmyNaturDerm
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
[i]My grandmother is Russian and use to make a hair rinse of a teaspoon in a cup of warm water. I use to have long hair then and it made my hair really shiny and soft!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I don't understand why the ACV rinse actually. I have done it every time I washed my hair since I read it on EDS, but my hair felt stiff immediately. I thought it was supposed to make my hair softer and untangled. What is up with that?

I had the same experience with the ACV rinse. I wish that it worked as well for me as others have described.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

I had the same experience with the ACV rinse. I wish that it worked as well for me as others have described.

Thank God I'm not the only one. I think I'll give up on doing the ACV rinse since it doesn't seem to help, and it makes me smell like vinegar all day.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
tam wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

Thank God I'm not the only one. I think I'll give up on doing the ACV rinse since it doesn't seem to help, and it makes me smell like vinegar all day.

Are you ladies rinsing it out or rinsing it thru your hair?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
tam wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

I added about 3 teaspoon in my shampoo and condition. I also do a final ACV rinse, which I leave it on.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:

I rinse it out... are you supposed to leave it in?
praia98
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
The final rinse is supposed to be left in, I believe. Maybe it depends on the amount of diluted ACV, or maybe it depends with which shampoo. Question I'm planning on trying it tomorrow for the first time after work. I thought I had heard from people here that the smell dissipated quickly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
praia98 wrote:
The final rinse is supposed to be left in, I believe. Maybe it depends on the amount of diluted ACV, or maybe it depends with which shampoo. Question I'm planning on trying it tomorrow for the first time after work. I thought I had heard from people here that the smell dissipated quickly.

The smell fades once your hair is dry.
praia98
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Ok thanks. I'm going to try this Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Praia! I'll try it your way. Smile
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Cool. Please do report back! Very Happy Very Happy
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I take it everyday, I've been taking it daily.

As a toner (1:1 ratio with water) and internally. It expels the toxins, and helps with so much more. Google it, you can't afford to be without ACV.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I haven't been consistent, but I've been trying to have a couple of tablespoons in the morning in a big glass of water. I can't prove it, but I think it helps with weight and maybe helps with my tendency to be congested during the winter.

Make sure to buy the unfiltered sort (looks a bit cloudy rather than clear). Bragg's is a good brand, or anything that says "organic" on the label should be unfiltered.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
For anyone that is taking ACV, it can wreak havoc on your teeth, as it will erode the enamel. Sad A tip that read when I was taking it was to add it to a glass of water and then drink it through a straw so that it doesn't touch your teeth.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I know of one woman who takes 1 tbsp daily and she swears it keeps her cholesterol under control. I am definitely going to give this a try now!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
vonstella wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
tam wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

I added about 3 teaspoon in my shampoo and condition. I also do a final ACV rinse, which I leave it on.

I dont really like to add it to anything, I prefer to use it as a final rinse(let it sit for a few mins), then rinse my hair really well with plain water. Or I do the exact same thing before I shampoo, etc.

If you find your hair is crunchy you might want to give this way a go and see if it works better.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I drink ACV in hot water with a little baking soda and honey twice a day. It's delicious, actually. I use Trader Joe's ACV (must have the "dust" at the bottom, or "mother," as it's called), and it tastes more like grownup apple cider than anything else.

I've been doing it about a month. It definitely stunts my appetite -- but honey in hot water would do that, too, I believe. I haven't noticed any great changes, but certainly no downside, either. I thought I'd try it; it couldn't hurt. Although I can get too heavy on the honey, I know. Laughing But I use local honey, and that helps with allergies. Rrrrright? Wink I tell myself.

It's now my morning and evening ritual. I don't drink coffee or tea, so it's a nice set of bookends to the day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
poohlisey wrote:
vonstella wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
tam wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

I dont really like to add it to anything, I prefer to use it as a final rinse(let it sit for a few mins), then rinse my hair really well with plain water. Or I do the exact same thing before I shampoo, etc.

If you find your hair is crunchy you might want to give this way a go and see if it works better.

Ok, Vonstella, I will try to rinse it out since I can't stand the smell which doesn't totally dissipate.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |