Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sothys Pore Refiner System Matifying Refiner Solution (30 ml / 1 oz) Payot Supreme Jeunesse Nuit (Night) (50 ml / 1.6 floz) Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml)
Helichrysum Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Where to buy at the best price?

I think Scalawaggirl gave me a link before, and it's about $88 per one oz. I just wonder if this is the best price I can get on this oil.

Thank you.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
You can get smaller amounts here:
But 1 oz is $58
http://www.nandaoils.com/essential-oils---a-to-k-helichrysum.html
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
You can get smaller amounts here:
But 1 oz is $58
http://www.nandaoils.com/essential-oils---a-to-k-helichrysum.html

Thank you! This is fantastic. Have you tried this oil? Scally recommended it for my stretch marks. Do you think it will work for stretch marks?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Ebay also has some-

˝ oz for $19
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-2-oz-15ml-Helichrysum-Immortelle-essential-oil-5-oz_W0QQitemZ160033712588QQcmdZViewItem

http://search.ebay.com/helichrysum-essential-oil_W0QQfromZR40QQpqryZhelichrysumQ20esscentialQ20oil

Never tryed it.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
Ebay also has some-

˝ oz for $19
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-2-oz-15ml-Helichrysum-Immortelle-essential-oil-5-oz_W0QQitemZ160033712588QQcmdZViewItem

http://search.ebay.com/helichrysum-essential-oil_W0QQfromZR40QQpqryZhelichrysumQ20esscentialQ20oil

Never tryed it.

Thanks, Tangal. I saw the one on ebay, but her feedback was a bit sketchy, so I was a bit hesitant to buy from her. Have you had any dealing with this vendor before?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
no I have not. Just found the link and posted it for you.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love helichrysum and use it to treat my rosacea and any areas with broken caps. It's a strong oil, though, and a little goes a long way. I bought an ounce of it once, and it went bad before I used even half of it. Such a shame and a waste. I wanted to cry. Sad

Are you sure you want a whole ounce? I add around 12-15 drops of helichrysum to an ounce of carrier oil(s)--I'm currently using jojoba and rose hip mix. I also add 12-15 drops each of German chamomile and lavendar essential oils, which would both be good for stretch marks as well. I don't think it's recommended to use an essential oil neat (undiluted) on skin.

I also love the helichrysum hydrosol. Keep it in the fridge and spritz the area once or twice a day. Check out the Nature's Gift Web site for good information on oils and hydrosols (http://www.naturesgift.com). I'm very happy with their products, but don't waste money on the 2 ml size because that size bottle is a pain! I've been happy with their 5 ml. Blue Mountain Herbs is also a good place to buy herbs and oils.

This is just me, but because of the short shelf-life and the desire for a high-quality product, I would not by an essential oil from any but a well-established company with a good rep (avoid E-Bay).

Cherisse wrote:

I think Scalawaggirl gave me a link before, and it's about $88 per one oz. I just wonder if this is the best price I can get on this oil.

Thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Helichrysum oil is wonderful, and because it is considered one of the precious oils, it is also very costly. You might want to check www.acqua-vita.com. They usually have very reasonable rates for extremely good quality oils.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
how do you know if the oil is bad or not?????
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine, thank you so much for the formula. So I will have to get the German Chamomile and lavendar oil, too, to make it effective for stretch marks? I already got rose hip and jojoba, so what would be the number of drops from each oil to make a killer stretch mark treatment combo?

Thank you!

Jeannine wrote:
I love helichrysum and use it to treat my rosacea and any areas with broken caps. It's a strong oil, though, and a little goes a long way. I bought an ounce of it once, and it went bad before I used even half of it. Such a shame and a waste. I wanted to cry. Sad

Are you sure you want a whole ounce? I add around 12-15 drops of helichrysum to an ounce of carrier oil(s)--I'm currently using jojoba and rose hip mix. I also add 12-15 drops each of German chamomile and lavendar essential oils, which would both be good for stretch marks as well. I don't think it's recommended to use an essential oil neat (undiluted) on skin.

I also love the helichrysum hydrosol. Keep it in the fridge and spritz the area once or twice a day. Check out the Nature's Gift Web site for good information on oils and hydrosols (http://www.naturesgift.com). I'm very happy with their products, but don't waste money on the 2 ml size because that size bottle is a pain! I've been happy with their 5 ml. Blue Mountain Herbs is also a good place to buy herbs and oils.

This is just me, but because of the short shelf-life and the desire for a high-quality product, I would not by an essential oil from any but a well-established company with a good rep (avoid E-Bay).

Cherisse wrote:

Thank you.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
jeannine, could you give your 2cents on the oil from naturesgift. i'm considering getting from them but the international shipping is murderours! $25...
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I think their oil is wonderful, but I'm sure there are other companies out there that are just as good. I would only pay such a high shipping fee if there were no reputable, high-quality vendors in my area.

snowstar wrote:
jeannine, could you give your 2cents on the oil from naturesgift. i'm considering getting from them but the international shipping is murderours! $25...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I'm certainly not an expert, and I don't think you _have_ to add the chamomile and lavendar, I just think they would be helpful. Both are known for their healing and calming properties and have a history of being beneficial for skin. As for amount, again, I'm no expert, but I've read that it's typically 10-15 drops of essential oil per one ounce of carrier oil. (Be careful of using too much essential oil because it can sensitize and irritate the skin.) This formula works for me, and I experiment all the time. My current concoction is 2/3 ounce of jojoba, 1/3 ounce of rose hip, ~12 to 15 drops each of helichrysum, lavendar, and German chamomile.

There are some excellent, extensive, and informative threads about oils in the DIY forum (which is probably where this thread should be moved) Smile

Good luck!

bkkgirl wrote:
Jeannine, thank you so much for the formula. So I will have to get the German Chamomile and lavendar oil, too, to make it effective for stretch marks? I already got rose hip and jojoba, so what would be the number of drops from each oil to make a killer stretch mark treatment combo?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:40 am      Reply with quote
This stuff is expensive, I've been humming and hawing over wether to get it. It's good to know it need to be diluted and doesnt last for ever, thanks Jeanne. If anyone finds a good source inthe UK I'd be interested to know.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I've been meaning to look for or start a thread on this in the skin care forum, because I think it applies to all products and not just oils. I just haven't had time, but I'm worried about the consequences of putting rancid stuff on my face! Embarassed Shock

Sometimes, it's easy to tell if an oil/product has gone bad: The color and/or odor changes dramatically. I've actually pulled out a bottle of essential oil (can't remember what it was it was so long ago) and found that the oil had turned black. No way I'm putting that on my skin! I've had Vit. C turn from clear to dark yellow--definitely bad, but I didn't know it at the time and kept using it for several months! Also, the consistency can change. I've had Bergamot that kinda gelified. I think it was about two years old at that point.

The trouble is when it is hard to tell. I keep throwing away oil and products because they get a film and/or floating stuff in the bottle, like jelly fish or cobwebs. I just had to throw away a nearly full bottle of PSF R&R toner becuase I feared it had gone bad (I recently noticed it had filmy, tendrilly stuff floating in it). But I just read that this is normal for ACV, so maybe it's normal for oils and products, too?!

This is definitely worth more investigation... I just did a search and couldn't find a thread dedicated to this topic. I'm going to start this question up in the skin care section now, where we are likely to hear from more people with experience and expertise.

Chrissie wrote:

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
I've been meaning to look for or start a thread on this in the skin care forum, because I think it applies to all products and not just oils. I just haven't had time, but I'm worried about the consequences of putting rancid stuff on my face! Embarassed Shock

Sometimes, it's easy to tell if an oil/product has gone bad: The color and/or odor changes dramatically. I've actually pulled out a bottle of essential oil (can't remember what it was it was so long ago) and found that the oil had turned black. No way I'm putting that on my skin! I've had Vit. C turn from clear to dark yellow--definitely bad, but I didn't know it at the time and kept using it for several months! Also, the consistency can change. I've had Bergamot that kinda gelified. I think it was about two years old at that point.

The trouble is when it is hard to tell. I keep throwing away oil and products because they get a film and/or floating stuff in the bottle, like jelly fish or cobwebs. I just had to throw away a nearly full bottle of PSF R&R toner becuase I feared it had gone bad (I recently noticed it had filmy, tendrilly stuff floating in it). But I just read that this is normal for ACV, so maybe it's normal for oils and products, too?!

This is definitely worth more investigation... I just did a search and couldn't find a thread dedicated to this topic. I'm going to start this question up in the skin care section now, where we are likely to hear from more people with experience and expertise.

Chrissie wrote:

I just found your answer to my question. Sorry I forgot to check back if you replied, and today when I remembered, I searched and found it. Thanks for taking the time to explain all of this. Starting a new thread on this is a great idea! Did you get a chance to start one?
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, I started one. There's a bit of good advice in there--put it this way, I won't be stockpiling stuff anymore and I am definitely cleaning out my cabinets this weekend. And that includes ancient half-used hair products! Confused Here's the thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20585

bkkgirl wrote:

I just found your answer to my question. Sorry I forgot to check back if you replied, and today when I remembered, I searched and found it. Thanks for taking the time to explain all of this. Starting a new thread on this is a great idea! Did you get a chance to start one?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I thought pure EOs were supposed to have a shelf life for years, even half a decade, because if they are 100% they would be highly antibacterial in themselves.

But I read somewhere to not use any EOs that were 2-3 years old (even if there is no change in colour, scent etc) but use it as a floor/window wipe instead.

I thought Helychrsum was expensive in New Zealand dollars ($40 for 5 ml) - but after seeing the USD prices.... I'm definitely going to buy locally.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Sothys Pore Refiner System Matifying Refiner Solution (30 ml / 1 oz) Payot Supreme Jeunesse Nuit (Night) (50 ml / 1.6 floz)