Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
A huge rant directed at website designers!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough of this damned regional targeting!! Mad Mad

Why can't these damned idiots who design websites get it into their thick heads that you cannot squeeze everyone into the one box? I am SICK TO DEATH of visiting websites only to be automatically redirected to their damned local Japanese website. It is infuriating, especially when they do not have an escape mechanism to get back to the ".com" page or at least to an English page.

I had this "trapped" problem recently with the Hamilton Island website (after 15 mins I was able to break free - but only through sheer tenacity) and now MAC automatically directs me to the Japanese page and for the love of god I cannot get out of the .co.jp into the .com site.

So, if we have members who design websites, PLEASE keep this in mind.. and if anyone knows the person who designed the MAC website tell them there is a chickie in Tokyo sending some seriously vicious vibes their way....

My evil eye... Mad
MAC website developer: Anxious

Feeling ever so slightly better after this expulsion of agro. ... think happy thoughts.. think peaceful thoughts...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a web designer! And I have no idea what you're talking about. You go to a .com and it automatically takes you to a Japanese page because of your location? That's silly....they don't think you could navigate there yourself?

I do know about text not fitting; people will make a site on a PC and preview it in Internet Explorer and it could look beautiful, but in Firefox on a Mac it's virtually unreadable. THAT is bad design.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
I agree. That's a bad design!! Sad
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger_tim, I understand how you feel. Wink I recently went to the .com site of the Organic Pharmacy to check the prices because I wanted to place an order but the system automatically took me to my local site. Mad It's just maddening. Sad
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Oh I am SO glad that other people have these problems and find them irritating too!!!

I like the sites like Guerlain, which when you first go to the .com site you choose your locality and are then redirected, like really how stupid do they think people are that they cannot recognize a link written in their own language or that is their national flag as being the place to click to get to their local site?

In all fairness, the Hamilton Island automatically redirects you to the Japanese page, but the Japanese page has a UK flag link - however, their web design is faulty and so when you click on the little flag you are redirected back to the Japanese page Laughing Rolling Eyes It was only after I gave up and navigated over to the Japanese inquiry page that I found another link to English and when I clicked that I managed to break free.. and so long as I never went back to the "home" page I could navigate in English.

my sushi secret, it is encouraging to know that as a web designer you dont know what I am talking about - it means you dont do it. Laughing Reading my original post, I really WAS riled up when I wrote it... must have been a bit of a hormonal rant as well. Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
That happens to me a lot down here in Honduras. I'll automatically get sent to a central or south american counterpart, usually Guatemala. I haven't been on anything yet that wouldn't let me go back to english, but I do resent the waste of time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Just a suggestion Tiger Tim, but have you tried to delete your browser's cookies? That should work, but not really sure Confused
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
nope tried that... am feeling very peeved off with MAC at the moment. Mad Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
This is kind of off topic....but I remember reading that you don't/didn't speak Japanese fluently; is that an issue when you're out doing things or do most people speak English?
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I don't think this has anything to do with the website designers.. But it's what the campanies want their websites to do.. It's designed so that they can read your ip address and determine where you're accessing the website from and then guide you to the correct site depending on where you're located.

I understand the business rationale behind it, it's because every region offers different products and they just don't want you surf pages with products/policies/prices/regulations etc that don't apply to you region. But of course, I'm surprised to hear the Japanese site doesn't offer an English translated version.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
That's true Amaska,

At work, I just design; programming/coding is another department. That's how most companies do it. I only do the coding when I'm freelancing or doing my own stuff, but I still remember to check browser compatibility....which is more than I can say for my old creative director! His site is a MESS when viewed on a PC and it's totally an inside joke between all the employees, because he's never realized it. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |