Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best over the counter moisturizer to use?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have really sensitive skin, and it's rather soft naturally, but after cleansing, I still need a moisturizer that absorbs into my face.

I use cetaphil right now but I don't like how it feels, it's too thick, cakey, and doesn't seem to ever absorb into my skin, which makes me feel as though I am about to break out (even if I do or don't, it's the greasy feeling I hate). Plus it makes me shine all day!

What moisturizers are safe for the face (non-comodogenic), that I can find over the counter (walgreens, cvs) and will absorb into the skin fast without feeling greasy?

I like how aloe vera gel absorbs into the skin fast, but it doesn't leave me too moisturized.

I searched, but didn't find anything to my liking.

Any help would be greatly considered and probably will try it first hand Smile

So your answers won't fall on deaf ears. I promise!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Did you try Neutrogena? Also Eucerin is supposed to be good. Or you can check out what Trader Joe's has for lotion. Their products are great quality. (If there's a TJ's store near you, I mean.)
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Did you try Neutrogena? Also Eucerin is supposed to be good. Or you can check out what Trader Joe's has for lotion. Their products are great quality. (If there's a TJ's store near you, I mean.)

Thank you Smile I will go to the store and try a bit out before I purchase any.
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:56 am      Reply with quote
I have the Eucerin hydra-protect as an good old favourite. It's for sensitive skin and come in to formulations. I have only tried the one for normal/dry skin, but it is really nice and sinks in without any greasy feeling. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I use Camellia Oil or Sesame Oil as moisturizers. Very Happy
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I like Neutrogena Light Moisturizer for over the counter product. When I travel and forget to bring my toiletry bag, I always pop into a store for Neutrogena. It's cheap and it moisturizes rather well. Also, I've heard Eucerin has really good products though I haven't tried any. Hope that helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
I like Neutrogena Light Moisturizer for over the counter product. When I travel and forget to bring my toiletry bag, I always pop into a store for Neutrogena. It's cheap and it moisturizes rather well. Also, I've heard Eucerin has really good products though I haven't tried any. Hope that helps.

It does, thank you. I am interested in Neutrogena now Smile Also, I've heard lots about eucerin, sounds like a plan!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Pure Rose Hip Oil is anti aging and moisturising and is very inexpensive. Apply it to wet skin and it will absorb a lot better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:01 am      Reply with quote
hi,

i would highly recommend to you living nature's hydrating flax gel (it is a cosmetically elegant gel type moisturizer--kind of like putting aloe on your skin, but with other helpful ingredients as well.

Here is the product info:

EXTRA HYDRATING GEL

Your skin will benefit from the deep nourishment of our Extra Hydrating Gel. Utilising the exceptional properties of Harakeke (New Zealand flax) gel, Manuka Honey and Evening Primrose Oil this nourishing gel helps to refine pores and restore vitality to tired and dry skin.

To use:

Smooth a small amount onto your face and neck after cleansing. Wait 30 seconds then apply your Living Nature moisturiser or night cream.

Hero ingredients:

Manuka Honey for its antiseptic and humectant qualities and Evening Primrose Oil for the high amounts of gamma linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid.

Ingredients INCI:

Aqua (water), Macadamia ternifolia (macadamia oil), Leptospermum scoparium mel (manuka honey), Buxus chinensis (jojoba oil), Sclerotium gum, Oenothera biennis (evening primrose oil), Citrus grandis (grapefruit seed extract), Phormium tenax (fl ax extract), Citrus dulcis (orange oil), Xanthan gum, Citrus grandis (grapefruit oil), Leptospermum scoparium (manuka oil), Tocopherol (vitamin E), Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree oil), Limonene*, Linalool*. *component of natural essential oils .

Good luck!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
OOOhhhhh...this looks good. Where do you get it avalange? And, how do you use it with the Osea?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
why not go for an emu/ha mix or jojoba/camelia if you love birds? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
OOOhhhhh...this looks good. Where do you get it avalange? And, how do you use it with the Osea?

i ran out of this long ago, but i really liked it, especially for summer. i think it is great used alone for oily skins, and lovely worn over an oil for drier skins. i used to use this interchangeably with the osea atmosphere protection cream, just depending on what i was in the mood for!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:15 am      Reply with quote
If you live near an Ulta I'm currently in love with the Hydrating Moisturzer with Spf 15 (12.50usd). Sinks right in with no greasy feel....moisture is great (says its for combo skin) but it working on my dry winter skin. I'm also a fan of Neutrogena. I use their cleanser and light night cream....works wonders.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to use PSF's Balancing Moisture Lotion.
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Merlot (if you can find it, some Walgreens carry it, have never seen it anywhere else). My holy grail. I need to make a giant raving post about this sometime. lol. Fab for dry-supersensitive skin that's breakout prone.Very Happy

Aveeno Ultra Calming Lotion SPF15 - tons of moisture, smells terrible. Won't break you out.

Btw, most drugstores have really good return policies, so don't be afraid to try something. Just save your receipt.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
For OTC, I like Olay's moisturizers. The original, regular one for normal skin. My brother uses the sensitive skin formula and he seems to like it.

Oils are also great. I like jojoba, sesame, coconut, rosehip, and grapeseed oils.
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I love Eucerine, I thinks its awesome. Absorbs into my skin and doesnt feel greasy.

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
hi,

i would highly recommend to you living nature's hydrating flax gel (it is a cosmetically elegant gel type moisturizer--kind of like putting aloe on your skin, but with other helpful ingredients as well.

Here is the product info:

EXTRA HYDRATING GEL

Your skin will benefit from the deep nourishment of our Extra Hydrating Gel. Utilising the exceptional properties of Harakeke (New Zealand flax) gel, Manuka Honey and Evening Primrose Oil this nourishing gel helps to refine pores and restore vitality to tired and dry skin.

To use:

Smooth a small amount onto your face and neck after cleansing. Wait 30 seconds then apply your Living Nature moisturiser or night cream.

Hero ingredients:

Manuka Honey for its antiseptic and humectant qualities and Evening Primrose Oil for the high amounts of gamma linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid.

Ingredients INCI:

Aqua (water), Macadamia ternifolia (macadamia oil), Leptospermum scoparium mel (manuka honey), Buxus chinensis (jojoba oil), Sclerotium gum, Oenothera biennis (evening primrose oil), Citrus grandis (grapefruit seed extract), Phormium tenax (fl ax extract), Citrus dulcis (orange oil), Xanthan gum, Citrus grandis (grapefruit oil), Leptospermum scoparium (manuka oil), Tocopherol (vitamin E), Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree oil), Limonene*, Linalool*. *component of natural essential oils .

Good luck!

--avalange

This product looks great! Do you use it yourself?
kracker
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
honey and beeswax in a jar - brilliant, not too expensive
wonderful!!
spartridge

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:48 am      Reply with quote
i like to use Avene product. it bring me a health skin. recommanding Thermal Spring Water
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Oil of Olay has a variety of good products. I found a light moisture lotion with SPF.
Laura222
5% products discount

Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:44 am      Reply with quote
My derm. has always recommended Olay w/ spf (they have sensitive skin version, too) and he said Neutragena's skin lotions are pretty good, too. Both come in huge bottles that last forever.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I love KIEHLS ULTRA FACIAL CREAM,Very moisturizing, it will be left grease, easy to absorb, repair powerful sebum membrane

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Joboba Oil is supposed to sink right into the skin and moisturize really well.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Cerave is great! My dermatologist recommended this to me several years ago, and I like it a lot more than Cetaphil which wasn't moisturizing enough.

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |