Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
cracked heels remedy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:14 am      Reply with quote
i have really cracked heels due to the dry climate in ottawa... nothing has seemed to help... do you guys have any products that you guys rely on?

and due to constant wearing high heels (i know i know...=P) i have really thick callous (eww)... i usually soak my feet and file my feet... and the callous always thicken after a few days... so annoying... what do you guys do that actually works?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:54 am      Reply with quote
The best foot treatment I have ever used is Brt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme, I think you can get it in Peppermint too.
I apply liberally in the evening, on go a pair of cotton socks and it works its magic. A week of this and I can garentee you will notice a difference.
Also try some fish Oil supplements and maybe some Zinc too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:56 am      Reply with quote
aprilha,
Do you have a particular foot scrub you love? I just use any foot scrub, and use my Tweezerman Pedro Foot Stone to buff my calluses away.. Works wonders. I love it!! I used to do pedicures and manicures. And most women prefer me scraping them with a callus razor.. Or you can try be natural callus elliminator and buff with a buffing pad. That thing is great but you have to becareful because if you leave it on too long it will sting.

be natural's callus eliminator:
http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/page512.html

HTH! Smile
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I use Diamancel and then I really love DDF pedi creme.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Microplane Orb foot file has helped me keep this under control. Followed by good lotion.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I used a Microplane Orb to get rid of the really persistent hard skin, then keep it all at bay with a Diamancel once a week or fortnight.

Every day I use Scholl Intensive Foot Moisturiser. It works really well for me.
ceebee

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
The Diamancel foot file #11 has worked wonders on my feet. I am a runner and my feet take lots of abuse, but this foot file really does keep the heels smooth.

It works so well, I gave one to my mother in law and she loves it too Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I second the microplane followed by vaseline or castor oil and socks. I have also used Badger's foot balm which was great but we went thru it way too fast.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
This stuff is great: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/gehwol-medicated-foot-sal-p_1451.htm
I had really cracked skin on my elbows of all places and this healed it up in no time at all.
ineedavacation

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
This sounds crazy but I've seen it work. My Dad was a factory worker who stood on his feet 12 hours a day. His heels always cracked terrible until he started rubbing a raw potato on them. Yep, raw potato. Before bed he would slice one in half and rub on his feet for about 5 minutes. Something about the starch in it. Really worked for him.

I would follow w/a good moisturizer....though I never saw him do that.

Deb
*** who hates to sound like a nut but loves a good solution***
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Fifi, I was happy to read your comment about the Gehwol salve. I'd gotten a free tube with my last EDS order and, since it's nothing I'd heard of before, I was eyeing it kind of skeptically.

Now I think I'll give it a try. Thanks!
mimiek
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I don't file my feet, I did that once and my feet became worse. I just do a gentle scrub after each shower and put vaseline (petrolium jelly Smile) after the shower and before bedtime.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
ineedavacation wrote:
This sounds crazy but I've seen it work. My Dad was a factory worker who stood on his feet 12 hours a day. His heels always cracked terrible until he started rubbing a raw potato on them. Yep, raw potato. Before bed he would slice one in half and rub on his feet for about 5 minutes. Something about the starch in it. Really worked for him.

I would follow w/a good moisturizer....though I never saw him do that.

Deb
*** who hates to sound like a nut but loves a good solution***

How bizarre! How interesting, too. I wonder how long I'd have to do it to see a result? Do you have any idea, Deb?
kalegr
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have had great success in eliminating cracked heels by using a product similar to pumice stone (its actually meant for horses/dogs to help remove coat), I imagine the files and feet stones mentioned in the posts above will give a similar result and pure shea butter. After or during every shower I gently rub the block over my heels and other rough spots. I apply the shea butter at night. I believe the shea butter is the key factor, I have used other creams and scrubs but this combination has by far been the most effective for me and at very little cost!
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Try using a sugar scrub (I refrain from suggesting a salt scrub because if your feet are really cracked the salt might aggravate any broken skin). Then, follow up with L'Occitane Hand Cream 20% Shea and slip on some socks for the night. Always works for me!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used Gehwol's before, but I've heard that it is a great product. I have tried Yu-Be and it was very effective on my heels and especially my cuticles (they take a beating during the winter). Here is a link to Yu-Be on drugstore.com :

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=89592&catid=25240&trx=GFI-0-EVGR-91292&trxp1=60&trxp2=89592&trxp3=1&trxp4=129&btrx=BUY-GFI-0-EVGR-91292
ineedavacation

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
How bizarre! How interesting, too. I wonder how long I'd have to do it to see a result? Do you have any idea, Deb?[/quote]

Honestly ...no idea. I used to tease him like mad about it. Now he's deceased and what I wouldn't give to see him do his bizarre foot treatment again. LOL!

Anyway, I certainly think it would be worth a try. The price is right, right?

Deb
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I had already ordered the Microplane Orb before reading the good reviews here on EDS. I just got it in the mail today and Wow! I didn't think it was doing much until I opened the container and emptied out the dead skin

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I have heard that an excellent remedy for dry cracked heals is the original (amber colored) Listerine or Listerine alternative (as long as it is the amber colored one).

Take 2 plastic foot sized containers with lids. Put enough Listerine in each to cover feet. Soak nightly. Empty when cloudy and refill. Repeat until feet are soft.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Bosoxy, does that sting at all? I imagine that it is an exfoliator -- how long does it take?
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I suffer from the same problem all year round and I must have 6 products that I alternate or combine on my dry cracked heels. The best ones for me are: L'occitane's 100% shea butter, Triceram cream, and Eucerin's foot cream. Always socks at night while I'm sleeping. BTW, open backed shoes are very bad for cracked heels. A closed shoe actually prevents the heel from "spreading" and cracking further.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Tam,

I heard that it doesn't sting... that it is soothing and have heard many people used it on severely cracked skin.

I have never tried this myself, but have heard of it many times.

I would have thought that it would sting because of the alcohol content and even though I am told that it doesn't, I would go slllowww.... heehee!

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Neo-strata and Vichy foot creams.
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:01 am      Reply with quote
although i know wearing socks overnight will help with cracked heels... but my accupuncturist told me there's something bad to the body when sleeping with socks on... maybe something to do with the circulation?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Diamancel and Dr Scholls Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |