Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Rave for CocoaVia bars
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I picked up a box of CocoaVia chocolate snack bars today on the recommendation of a friend.

On the label, it says "promotes a healthy heart". They are low in fat (3 grams) and sugar (6 grams) and 80 calories per bar.

This is the description from drugstore.com:

Real Chocolate Pleasure While Being Good To Your Heart Every Day™

CocoaVia™ Chocolate Bars contain natural plant extracts which have been proven to reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) by up to 8%*.
CocoaVia™ is made using the Cocoapro® process. This guarantees the retention of high levels of naturally occurring cocoa flavanols to help promote healthy circulation. These cocoa flavanols are similar to those flavanols found in red wine and green tea.
CocoaVia™ contains heart healthy vitamins B6, B12, folic acid, antioxidants C and E, and is an excellent source of calcium.
We select only the finest quality, all natural ingredients for use in our products, like specially selected cocoa beans, soy crispies and other wholesome ingredients. Enjoy.

For a chocoholic like myself, these are a good substitute. Very Happy They taste like real chocolate and for me, satisfy the craving.

They come in other flavors like chocolate almond, chocolate blueberry, chocolate bar, crispy chocolate bar.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Now I'm craving for chocolate.. Drool
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm always craving chocolate! Laughing
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I heard about these things from Hungry-girl.com and get them whenever I go to Target. One time I cut one up and mixed it with Fiber One to bring to work....watch out....they melt FAST. Laughing They're good though, and really rich.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:16 am      Reply with quote
I'm busy with writing about Mars, Inc. these days, the producer of CocoaVia, so i thought i post the following comment :

"The Food and Drug Administration has a thing or two to say about the heart-healthy claims made by Mars' CocoaVia chocolate, launched last year. A letter to Mars' parent company Masterfoods USA from the FDA describes CocoaVia as "misbranded," due to what the FDA believes are conflicts between the antioxidant-rich chocolate's saturated fat content and its claim to be a heart healthy product, NutraIngredients-USA.com reported. Claims of health benefits make CocoaVia more drug than food, and would, in turn, require pre-market approval and a change in how the chocolate is marketed. The FDA also takes issue with the amounts of folic acid in some CocoaVia products, citing their recommendation of 1 mg per day. Masterfoods USA must now notify the FDA of how it plans to comply with the group's complaints, according NutraIngredients-USA" (source: Nutra Ingredients)
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
It does say it's good for your heart on the box...and it's with the diet food, so that all makes sense. I don't eat it because of the heart stuff though, there's only 90 calories in one bar and they're portioned well, but they're kind of expensive.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I don't eat them for the so-called "health benefits" either. For me, it's a good alternative to chocolate and the prepackaged portions help to control otherwise out-of-control cravings. Very Happy
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like something I need to put in the basket for next time.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
they sent me a free sample about 3 months ago. i can't remember what I did that they sent me some. They are good....
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |