Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Calling medium toned gals - PM me!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, could all of you whose MAC foundation shade is NC35-40 please PM me. I just thought I'd keep your names in mind so that when you rave of something making you radiant I can be quite certain it will give me a glow, too.

Blushers and powders are especially tricky for me (Pinch O'Peach looks more pink than peach on me, and Coppertone is just so unnaturally orange, for example). I know each skin has a different tone etc, but at least I have some idea of what might work and what won't.

TIA! Smile
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
I suppose this is so selfish a request no one is going to indulge me... Sad
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:06 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy,

i'm so retarded when it comes to those precise categorizations of skintones. can you be more specific, in layman's terms? or point me to a chart where i can see the colors? i consider myself medium toned, and i would love to share my recs with you, but i am not sure!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Avalange, I am referring to the foundation shades at MAC (you'd have to go to a MAC store/counter to get them give you an exact colour match). That's the best guide I think, since verbal descriptions can be inaccurate. For instance I consider myself a medium tone, but there are people who call me fair, yet again there are some who say I'm dark! I can't even make out what's olive or golden or yellow - that's why I'm using the MAC shade as a (reasonably) reliable guide.

Thanks for your reply! Smile
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
pumpin..
I sent you a PM,
but these are the blushes I have tried from MAC:

Im' NC40-NC42

Blushes:
I used pincho peach- too peachy,
Sincere- makes me look like I have a fake tan (in person it looks good, but in photos it looks bad)
fleur power- a bit too pinky
latest is mocha- nice soft pink (sometimes i dust a tad of sincere on top)

I like fancy ray cream blush- but I think it makes me break out.

HTH CG
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:18 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
Hi Avalange, I am referring to the foundation shades at MAC (you'd have to go to a MAC store/counter to get them give you an exact colour match). That's the best guide I think, since verbal descriptions can be inaccurate. For instance I consider myself a medium tone, but there are people who call me fair, yet again there are some who say I'm dark! I can't even make out what's olive or golden or yellow - that's why I'm using the MAC shade as a (reasonably) reliable guide.

Thanks for your reply! Smile

It seems like I have a similar problem. I can't even work out whether I'm olive, or yellow or golden. And trust me, the ladies at MAC counter here is nowhere near being helpful at all. One said I was a NC30, the other said I was somewhat between N2-N3. And the last one said I was NW40!!! I'm frustrated Sad

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Very Happy

When it comes to MAC, I use foundation shade NC35. As for blusher, I'm currently thrilled by Guerlain's radiant blush in Abricot Souffle. Honestly, it is kind of pink and I had my reservations about buying it at first because I usually look awful in pink. Somehow, this pink is really different and probably because it has a blend of gold shimmer in it. Anyway, the colour looks pretty good on me as it brightens my face a little bit and, of course, I'm totally in love with the scent.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
This is really complicated, I'm afraid, and I am so glad pumpingmummy put this thread up.

My neck is naturally one/two shades lighter than my face at any one time, and a few years ago, I got really tired of people assuming I had the wrong shade of foundation on (and occasionally pointing it out to me). So, wisely or not, I decided to match my face to my neck.

Neck = NC30 to NC32 (changes with the seasons, literally)
Face = NC32 to NC35 (ditto about season changes).

While I continue to use the MAC NC35 concealer for the dermal melasma on my cheeks, I now only use either NC32 OR NC30 over the concealer on face and neck.

BTW I am ethnic Chinese. It is very hard to find a natural looking blusher I like, because the truth of the matter is, I never blush, I just turn dark yellow.

For the past two years I have been hoarding Maybelline's Mocha Velvet blush - it has now been discontinued, and I only have a stash of seven left. It never looks out of place on my face, no matter what shade of yellow I happen to be.

So if anyone out there is a MAC NC30/32/35 user who has found a fabulous blush, I would like to know, please, thank you very much.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:
This is really complicated, I'm afraid, and I am so glad pumpingmummy put this thread up.

My neck is naturally one/two shades lighter than my face at any one time, and a few years ago, I got really tired of people assuming I had the wrong shade of foundation on (and occasionally pointing it out to me). So, wisely or not, I decided to match my face to my neck.

Neck = NC30 to NC32 (changes with the seasons, literally)
Face = NC32 to NC35 (ditto about season changes).

While I continue to use the MAC NC35 concealer for the dermal melasma on my cheeks, I now only use either NC32 OR NC30 over the concealer on face and neck.

BTW I am ethnic Chinese. It is very hard to find a natural looking blusher I like, because the truth of the matter is, I never blush, I just turn dark yellow.

For the past two years I have been hoarding Maybelline's Mocha Velvet blush - it has now been discontinued, and I only have a stash of seven left. It never looks out of place on my face, no matter what shade of yellow I happen to be.

So if anyone out there is a MAC NC30/32/35 user who has found a fabulous blush, I would like to know, please, thank you very much.

I think the best way to match foundation (at least from my own experience) is to match it to your neck. My neck is about 1 shade darker than my face and my forehead is 2 shades darker than my face. It was frustrating so I just ended up matching it to my neck instead. During summer after going on holidays, I can get as tanned as MAC NC35 and Nars Deep Throat blush looked beautiful on me. So you might wanna give it a try Smile I'm also of Chinese descent and I find peachy or coral blushes look much better than pink blushes on my skin. Hope that helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
wave Hi, lynn2525,

Nars Deep Throat Blush sounds delicious. I shall have a hunt for it online now. Smile
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for your replies, everyone! CG, I just wrote you back.

Smile
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:17 am      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:
wave Hi, lynn2525,

Nars Deep Throat Blush sounds delicious. I shall have a hunt for it online now. Smile

I hope you'll like it. I generally quite like Nars blushes as they're so pigmented and they last ages. I still have my Deep Throat blush lying around and I'll be using it this summer when I'm a bit more tanned. Smile Oasis is also beautiful. You might wanna check it out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
The Nars orgasm blush has been getting great reviews, have any of you medium toned gals tried it?
If so let me know
thanks
CG
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Nope I haven't, but I hope to soon!

I'm trying to finish up whatever I have right now by means of layering them or using a light hand (or heavy, whichever the case may be) when applying them.

Also, if any of y'all have tried Benefit Dandelion please share what you think. TIA! Smile
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:42 am      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
Nope I haven't, but I hope to soon!

I'm trying to finish up whatever I have right now by means of layering them or using a light hand (or heavy, whichever the case may be) when applying them.

Also, if any of y'all have tried Benefit Dandelion please share what you think. TIA! Smile

I'm a MAC NC25/C25 and Benefit Dandelion only gives me a very faint flush. It's more of a highlighter rather than a blush for darker toned girls. I think same goes for Nars Orgasm. When I was darker (NC30-35) the MUA at Liberty recommended Deep Throat to me and it looked beautiful on my tanned skin then.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |