Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Advice needed pls: Sothys vs. Decleor?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi all! I'm new to this forum and to most of the skincare lines on EDS as well, being from Singapore and thus most of the skincare lines on EDS are quite hard to find Mad I'm hoping some of you might be able to give me some advice please? Smile

I'm 22, with combination skin that's pretty standard (oiler t-zone, drier cheeks/jaw area). I don't really get breakouts, just occasional bumps and the usual blackheads on the t-zone. Other specific problems are dark circles under my eyes and terribly dry lips due to me having late nights and me being a camel i.e. i don't drink much water at all Sad

I've tried many, many skincare brands that's available in Singapore. Bodyshop, Shiseido, Ipsa, Vitasense, Origins, L'oreal, Elizabeth Arden, H2O+ are but a few I've tried *sheepish* And i'm still looking for a skincare line that fits my skin! Shock

Looking through the forums, Sothys and Decleor interests me the most and I'll just like to ask on the whole which do you guys find more effective and suitable for combi-skin and in Singapore's climate which is humid and tropical all-year long?

Sorry and thanks so much Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I have tried various products from both brands and prefered Decleor.

Most of all I really do recomend the Night Balms, I like the Ylang Ylang Essential Balm which is for Oily skins or you could try the Essential Balm which I think is more suited to combination skin as is the the Rose D' Orient.
It will be good in balancing both your oiliness and dryness and your complexion looks healthy and vibrant the next morning so helps with the late nights.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rosebud. Thanks! I'm actually not so concerned about the moisturizers but more about the cleanser and toner. Both Sothy's and Decleor's cleansers got good reviews so I'm stuck Sad Have you tried them both? If so, mind giving me a comparison? Thanks so much Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
samantha185 wrote:
Hi all! I'm new to this forum and to most of the skincare lines on EDS as well, being from Singapore and thus most of the skincare lines on EDS are quite hard to find Mad I'm hoping some of you might be able to give me some advice please? Smile

I'm 22, with combination skin that's pretty standard (oiler t-zone, drier cheeks/jaw area). I don't really get breakouts, just occasional bumps and the usual blackheads on the t-zone. Other specific problems are dark circles under my eyes and terribly dry lips due to me having late nights and me being a camel i.e. i don't drink much water at all Sad

I've tried many, many skincare brands that's available in Singapore. Bodyshop, Shiseido, Ipsa, Vitasense, Origins, L'oreal, Elizabeth Arden, H2O+ are but a few I've tried *sheepish* And i'm still looking for a skincare line that fits my skin! Shock

Looking through the forums, Sothys and Decleor interests me the most and I'll just like to ask on the whole which do you guys find more effective and suitable for combi-skin and in Singapore's climate which is humid and tropical all-year long?

Sorry and thanks so much Very Happy

To be honest I've never tried any Sothy product. I have used Decleor and love the oils and balms but use other cleansers and toners.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rufus, mind telling me what cleansers/toners works for you? Thanks! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:56 am      Reply with quote
samantha185 wrote:
Hi Rufus, mind telling me what cleansers/toners works for you? Thanks! Smile

I start with the Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing cream, followed with either B Kamins Acne wash, Jurlique foaming wash, or the Ice Elements radience wash. I'm liking the B Kamins acne wash the best right now. For a basic foaming wash with no aha's or bha's the Jurlique is nice. I didn't like the Decleor foaming wash I felt my skin wasn't getting clean.

The toner I like is either the Ice Elements or the Pevonia. I would like to try the B Kamins for combination skin because I like the acne wash so much and the price.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Sothys products never worked for me for some reason. Sad But I do think Decleor is fantastic, everything of their's I have ever used so far I have been very pleased with. I especially like their masks, aromatherapy oils and night balms....the lip balm is great too. Wink
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone! After reading all the reviews I think I'm gonna try Decleor first Smile Now to go and plan on what items to get from Decleor *sound of money leaving my bank account* Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I really like Decleor for my skin. The Harmonie Cream and the Rose d'Orient seem to work really well for me. I also use 100% Rosehip Oil around the eyes as most other products seem to bother this area.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer Decleor over Sothy.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
i have tried the following from decleor

cleasing foam,
aplha day moisturizer spf 12
aromascence white oil
aroma white night cream.

i have tried samples of
cleansing milk
radiance moisturizer.
(both of these are ok i think)

still got to try my samples of
harmonie moisturizer
and they sent me couple of other things.

The products smell really nice, they dont break me out.

Im gona experiment with Yonka and then maybe pick one or other brand for my skincare. Smile
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:39 am      Reply with quote
I prefer Decleor in ylang ylang oil and Sothys in Sothys Desquacrem Smile
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I think you have normal /combination skin. Everyone of us gets breakouts from time to time, season to season & hormonal changes.

Having said that, right now, EDS has the harmonie moisturiser for free if you buy CAD150 worth of goods.

I would highly recommend the night balm and oil. You could either choose from the normal one (aromassence balm essential or rose d'orient (forgive the spellings). The oil too, you could choose between neroli or rose d'orient. I prefer the balm essential and neroli.

You could buy a mask too. They are very good. & then, you will qualify to get the free moisturiser!

Happy shopping.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
hi samantha,
So having bought Decleor (i assumed you got it), how is the Decleor experience so far? Do share with us.
renee.marsh@bigpond.com
5% products discount

Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Thought I should stand up for Sothys here - I find Decleor stuff a bit too overpowering smell wise for my liking. I find it a bit too heavy for my normal/combination skin. Sothys suits me better as it is lighter in texture and fragrance I find.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Jumbosstar42 - I tried Decleor and boy was it an unfortunate experience Confused Somehow or other I broke out in hive-like patches (complete with itchings!) from the cleansing foam & Essential Night Balm Mad

Am suspecting it's the strong concentration of essential oils in the Decleor products that didn't agree with my skin.

It's highly surprising given that I went for a Decleor facial and was ok with the products (during the facial). But when I got home and used the Decleor samples I got - the reaction started Exclamation

It was scary too given that I never had any reactions to products before (even SKII just stung and turned my face red w/o the hive-like swellings sigh...) Anyways I recommend patch-test before using any Decleor products, especially if you're not sure if skin is ok with EOs.

I've ordered Sothys to try, am waiting for the products to arrive. (I was gonna try Dr. Hauschka-until blur me realised EDS didn't sell Dr.H outside Canada *wails* And I only realised after planning out my whole Dr. H skincare routine Crying or Very sad)

But I guess sometimes it's meant to be-perhaps I'm meant to try Sothys hahaha (or so I'm telling myself Bad Grin) Will leave reviews once I've tried the Sothys products...

*prays really hard for no more negative skin reactions please*

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
hi Samantha185,
Sorry to hear abt your experience with Decleor. I am not sure but I thought Dr H also has some essential oils but I am not really sure.

You can get some samples from Tangs... they have it! :P

I always thought we could buy Dr H from EDS regardless of where it's gonna be shipped! I almost wanted to restock my cleansing cream.

As for Sothys, I've tried their cleansing cream I think. It was ok but I didn't like the smell. I thought it smelled a little... old (as in like for old women).

As for your facial, I hate to break it to you but... sometimes facial salons can claim they use Decleor but it may not be the case. I think they usually use another brand (cheaper) for their facials yet sell Decleor outside as their official product. Unless you go to an official Decleor facial salon (like Aadha for Dr H or the SKII boutique salon in Singapore).
ceca01
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have found that Sothys is really good if you want to treat your sensitive skin to go onto treating it for something else.

I've been on it for a year and something and I lvoe it. Don't see the reason to go off it at the moment at all.

The worst thing is trying too many products and then finding something that really suits you and then not being able to stick with it.
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I like Sothys' Cleansers & Toners and Decleor's body oil or lotion. Very Happy
AnYanXuan

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I think Decleor's toner smells really good! Want to try out the facial at Decleor Institute in singapore. Anybody has the web link to it? I can't seem to be able to find in google.
Louisa1303
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi..
Am new to this forum, as i am considering to use either sothy cleansing milk or Decleor Cleansing Milk as there is alot of raves over this two brands. i have combination skin and i would like a cleanser that really remove my makeup. Rolling Eyes i have tried products like Jurlique milk cleanser, biotherm, origins..but all this i feel it doesnt really give me the clean clean feeling Confused
Helppppp...Thanks alot
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I also prefer Decleor in ylang ylang oil and Sothys in Sothys Desquacrem
Atok

Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am from Malaysia and used Decleor for 2 years..I am now a current user of Sothys...

Decleor is good but may not be suitable for hot climate in countries like Singapore and Malaysia...it is quite oily and sticky...The essential oil in the products may cause irritation to some sensitve skin...My skin was ok when I first started using but couldn't take their anti-aging range which lead to breakouts...

I have just started using Sothys and signed up their facial packages.. I prefer their milk cleanser over Decleor...I prefer their moisturiser as well as it wont leave the sticky feel compared to Decleor...Smells nicer too...However, I feel that Sothys is more for long term maintanance and wont give a dramatic overnight result...

Although these 2 brands are well known, they are not so in my country...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:17 am      Reply with quote
I agree that Decleor products are a bit oily when applied on skin. However, the essential balm works wonderfully with neroli aroma essence for me. I will still recommend it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |