Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical Active Serum and Exfoliation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I hope my question belongs here and not in the product review thread about this serum and if so, I apologize in advance. Out of the many pages of the review, I only saw a brief reference to exfoliation.

Precursors aside,

I've been using this serum for 2 weeks with almost unbelievable results but it has left me wondering whether I really need to exfoliate anymore given that the product creates continual cellular turnover. I've applied Dermalogica's Gentle Cream Exfoliant once during the two weeks as a test and nothing untoward seemed to happen - no irritation or dryness.

I wish I could tell you what type of skin I have at the moment, but I seem to be in flux. I used to have confidence in saying I was combo-oily but lately I would say normal/sensitive. By sensitive, I don't mean product-sensitivity but sensitivity to weather extremes.

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I really think it's up to you! I have pretty oily skin and, after being on an ISC regimen for more than a year, my sister gave me a gift package that included microdermabrasion followed by GentleWaves treatment.

I thought my skin look great going into it, but there's no doubt about it. It looked even better afterwards. If you want to exfoliate, and your skin can take it, try it and see if you feel that it represents an improvement.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I use IS Clinical Active Serum every night after using Jurlique Face Wash Cream which is a mild exfoliator. My skin is loving it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I used ISC Active continously until my skin couldn't handle it and peeled. I started alternating and then finally tapered off because I didn't feel my skin needed it anymore.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder about over exfoliating, also, and err on the side of caution about it.

I imagine one's skin would start to feel uncomfortable and sensitised to products.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
I used ISC Active continously until my skin couldn't handle it and peeled. I started alternating and then finally tapered off because I didn't feel my skin needed it anymore.

I get some peeling, too. It's because I have a lot of dead skin.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't peel at all from Active Serum. I guess my skin is pretty tough Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:42 am      Reply with quote
I didn't peel at all or sting or exfoliate much from IS CLinical Active serum and my skin is pretty weak when it comes to AHAs. I felt the Cellex C Betaplex Skin SMoother was a much better exfoliant than IS Clinical Active serum and I personally think there are better AHA/BHA exfoliators out there than Cellex C. Very Happy
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Although Active Serum has exfoliating properties, I wouldn't classify it as a simple exfoliant per se.

I agree that you can find better (or rather stronger)exfoliants. But, I've not found a more effective treatment serum. At least, not for MY skin.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I think you do need to exfoliate continuously but vary your routine based on what you skin can handle and the time of year. When I don't exfoliate my skin looks dull. I used Active Serum every other day for 4 months or so and really liked it. I have very reactive skin and I had no peeling. I tapered off and do not use it anymore regularly because I found it was "sitting" on my skin after a while and I was getting some small red bumps. I do think that ISC is an excellent line but I am using other exfoliators and lines which are less irritating to my skin. I think I will give it a go again a few years or so when my skin is a bit tougher. My mom on the other hand loves the ISC firming complex. For now I am using SKII and Decleor when I want to exfoliate.

HTH

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother + Primer (15 ml / 0.5 floz)