Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
finally, winning combo of hair products for thin, wavy hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried a million hair products over the years, some good, some ok, some bad, but my current combo just seems perfect! I have fine/thin, but wavy hair that can be prone to frizziness, so I'm always looking for products that can hydrate, tame frizz, but not weigh my hair down. Through this forum I found the wonderful Carekate (Carrie), and I've recently started using her Rosemary Hair Growth Accelerator and her Energizing Nurturing Shampoo. I also just switched my conditioner to MOP (Modern Organic Products) Glisten Conditioner, and while I know it's not as organic/natural as John Masters, this particular conditioner I'm pretty sure has no silicones or sulfates (though it does have parabens). I know there are individual threads already on these items, but I wanted to post a review on the particular combination, which is great. I only wash my hair every other day, and since using these products together my routine for the washing day is:

1. apply Accelerator all over scalp with a glass dropper, massage in and then comb through to ends, leave on for a few hours - great herbal smell, comforting somehow that's hard to describe (since I work from home this is easy, but you could easily put this in the night before and then wash your hair the next morning
2. shampoo - I'm amazed at what great lather this sulfate free shampoo produces!
3. condition - comb through and leave on for a few mins in the shower, smells great, nice light citrus scent

I then just flip my head upside down to loosely dry (I use the Conair Infiniti ceramic/ionic/tourmaline dryer), and then just finish it off by letting it air dry. I haven't been using any styling products (I might look into some of Carrie's and John Masters' just to make sure i protect my hair from the dryer long term), but there have been no frizzies, just nice, soft, smooth, shiny, touchable hair. Plus, it still looks good the next day, even after sleeping, doing yoga, etc.

FYI, some other styling products that I've used and like are Phyto's Phytodefrisant, Phtyo Plage After Sun Styling Gel, and Jonathan Product's Create Volume Thickening Foam, but right now I'm enjoying feeling like I don't really need them!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the review. I have thick but rather wavy hair that tends to be too fluffy, and needs to be tamed. I want to try Carekate's rosemary hair growth accelerator, too, and have put in an order for it. I can't wait to try it.
kellyks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
As another wavy , in the right weather curly, thin haired girl I am always searching for the best prducts. My hairdresser recommended Brocato Cloud 9. I currently use the shampoo and conditioner and love both. The key with this hair type I think is to really put moisture in without weighing down your hair or you will end up with greasy looking waves in a few hours.
pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the product recommendations -- you've given me a few new ones to try. Smile

I'm still scouring the earth for the elusive magic combination for my thin, wavy/curly hair that will give me more good hair days than bad. So far as I can figure it, I'd have to move to a desert (highly unlikely), and find a great product that the manufacturer is never, never, never allowed to discontinue (also highly unlikely).

So, the search marches on. In the meantime, I'm trying hard to find the lighter side of looking like a dork.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
I've tried a million hair products over the years, some good, some ok, some bad, but my current combo just seems perfect! I have fine/thin, but wavy hair that can be prone to frizziness, so I'm always looking for products that can hydrate, tame frizz, but not weigh my hair down. Through this forum I found the wonderful Carekate (Carrie), and I've recently started using her Rosemary Hair Growth Accelerator and her Energizing Nurturing Shampoo. I also just switched my conditioner to MOP (Modern Organic Products) Glisten Conditioner, and while I know it's not as organic/natural as John Masters, this particular conditioner I'm pretty sure has no silicones or sulfates (though it does have parabens). I know there are individual threads already on these items, but I wanted to post a review on the particular combination, which is great. I only wash my hair every other day, and since using these products together my routine for the washing day is:

1. apply Accelerator all over scalp with a glass dropper, massage in and then comb through to ends, leave on for a few hours - great herbal smell, comforting somehow that's hard to describe (since I work from home this is easy, but you could easily put this in the night before and then wash your hair the next morning
2. shampoo - I'm amazed at what great lather this sulfate free shampoo produces!
3. condition - comb through and leave on for a few mins in the shower, smells great, nice light citrus scent

I then just flip my head upside down to loosely dry (I use the Conair Infiniti ceramic/ionic/tourmaline dryer), and then just finish it off by letting it air dry. I haven't been using any styling products (I might look into some of Carrie's and John Masters' just to make sure i protect my hair from the dryer long term), but there have been no frizzies, just nice, soft, smooth, shiny, touchable hair. Plus, it still looks good the next day, even after sleeping, doing yoga, etc.

FYI, some other styling products that I've used and like are Phyto's Phytodefrisant, Phtyo Plage After Sun Styling Gel, and Jonathan Product's Create Volume Thickening Foam, but right now I'm enjoying feeling like I don't really need them!

thanks for the review! I also have thin, wavy, non shiny hair. Most people I know have so much more hair than I do. Mine is not thin as if my scalp shows through, just each hair is thin and will not grow more than about 9" before it falls out. I used to have hair extensions, not really for length, just to have decent looking hair that I could style. The problem is with the older methods, the extension would damage my hair eventually. The newer Fusion method is so expensive.
I will have to try the growth serum, has that worked well for you? Will also try the MOP conditioner.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |