Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
"Supernatural" - The TV Show
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
As I've mentioned before, Supernatural is now one of my favorite tv shows. Both it and Grey's Anatomy (my n'other fave) come on at 9:00 Thursday nights. Tough choice, but thank God for VCR/DVD-R's!

This is the show: http://supernatural.warnerbros.com/

Love it, and it's shot here in Vancouver. Great show, and besides the eye-candy & plot, the show's soundtrack really enhances the show. Classic rock. The show has turned on a younger generation to the great stuff that we & our parents know well. Producer Erik Kripke has done a great job in the tunes he's chosen to use last season, as well as during it's second season. However ........

I've decided that Kripke needs some input in the music dept, and created my own little playlist. This is stuff that I've pulled from the catalogue in my brain (ha!), and would definitely suit the show & it's characters.

http://www.projectplaylist.com/node/3233885

Yes, I have this stuff in my ecclectic collection, love it, and this is the kinda stuff that I love to drive to! I didn't have to wrack my brain: I've always been into music! It was easy. I worked in a record store before college and during summer breaks Smile

For those of you who know the show, you'll totally understand my selections. Laughing

Re: The Beatles tracks. You'll have to guess at it's significance, and why I chose to toss them in. Babyboomer forum members will likely know.

Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I watched some of their episodes on CW33and they're good. The boys are hot in there too! Shock Drool
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
They showed the first series over here in the Uk, and I loved it, hope the new one comes over too. I always enjoyed the music themes and totally understand the selections - very eclectic mix Casper's Mum (not often you see Kenny Rogers and Steve Vai on the same playlist, but it works!!).
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I like Supernatural, but the rest of my family are not really fans of the show. I end up watching it in reruns on the weekends though.

I like a lot of your music selections; they definitely suit the show. (not to mention that listening to them took me back to highschool. Very Happy )
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
OooOo ... I love this show as well. I didn't get to watch it too much until just this season (I think it conflicted with something else I watched). I didn't know it was filmed in Vancouver ... how cool!

Great playlist too .. you're right Tam, takes me back to high school too!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
It's on my list of shows I record. I like the music on the show as well.
Caspers Mum

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
They showed the first series over here in the Uk, and I loved it, hope the new one comes over too. I always enjoyed the music themes and totally understand the selections - very eclectic mix Casper's Mum (not often you see Kenny Rogers and Steve Vai on the same playlist, but it works!!).

I believe that the second season just launched in the UK ... a week or two ago. Lot's going-on this season, so you'd better get on it, girl!

They shot a couple of scenes from Phantom Traveller (first season) a block from EDS last spring. Though I didn't realize it at the time, not knowing the show, I had walked by the Impala, and skirted the set, so that I could get my coffee Very Happy

This was the location where Dean went into the copy-shop to have the fake Homeland Security id done. There was a building there, but it's since been torn down to build condos.

Michael McBride Menswear. This was where Dean & Sam bought their black suits, to impersonate H.S. agents. Right next to The Mix, where I get my lunches & coffee from Laughing

Remember the Impala burning-off, down the hill (after the suits)? Same hill, but different type/model of car in my photo! EDS is one block down the hill, on the right-hand side.

P.S. There are four or five Chevy Impalas that are used for the show. Apparently, they cleaned-out dealers/collectors across Canada.
Caspers Mum

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
, takes me back to high school too!

Yup. Me too, and before that ....
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
I believe that the second season just launched in the UK ... a week or two ago. Lot's going-on this season, so you'd better get on it, girl!

They also shoot a fair bit of stuff in the town of Ladner.

I'm thinking that there will be another cliff-hanger at the end of this season that will establish a rift between characters.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:

That's annoying - I haven't seen it advertised at all Sad. Still, all of the channels over here show tones of re-runs so I'm sure I'll catch up. Off to find it now!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I love Supernatural! The plot is developing so well--lots of intrigue and twists, and the characters really mesh with each other. I also like how episodes can stand on their own (beginning, middle, and end), as well as fill in the background story.

Also, way cool that some of it was shot near our beloved EDS Cool

Wed May 09, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
We need to save our show! I want the boys back in Vancouver, filming, as well as the show to continue!

By putting the show in the same timeslot as Grey's Anatomy and CSI, the CW Network has literally asked for lower ratings. I've been a viewer of G.A. since the very first episode, but record the show while I'm watching Supernatural. The boys need ratings moreso than "McDreamy" does!

http://www.teamwinchester.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I love Supernatural, never missed an episode. But then I've always been a big fan of that type of show (Buffy, Angel, Charmed).
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Oh boy! I started watching this show when I was walking on the treadmill to avoid getting bored. Whoa! How cute are those two brothers!! I actually prefer Damian though. What about you all???

When the show is on, it's when I'm all alone only with Coconut, so I try to not think about the supernatural aspect of it when I get ready for bed or I'd get scared. I figured Coconut wouldn't be of much help should something supernatural popped up under my bed. Luckily I got the captain bed.

I saw that their season finale will involve Damian getting killed. I saw a preview of him getting shot or something. I hope he won't die. He's too cute to die.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Damian.....do you mean Dean?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Damian.....do you mean Dean?

Ooopss...no, I meant Sam. Gosh, I'm getting the brothers mixed up. I thought Sam was the brother with the letter D which I then though it was Damian, but it's actually Dean. I think Sam is cute! I just remember his name because the last episode his brother called him Sammy, and he said "since when did you start calling me Sammy?" This was when Dean got tied up by the Jin, and he was in a fantasy land where his mom was alive again.
Caspers Mum

Wed May 09, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Oh boy! I started watching this show when I was walking on the treadmill to avoid getting bored. Whoa! How cute are those two brothers!! I actually prefer Damian though. What about you all???

Who's Damian?

Dean and Sam will never been killed-off, as they are the show.

Their father, John, is back for the season finale though Very Happy Oh, and the Roadhouse is going go up in flames.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I love Supernatural, never missed an episode. But then I've always been a big fan of that type of show (Buffy, Angel, Charmed).

Oh my gosh ... Buffy is my all time favourite tv show!! LOVED IT! I was so disappointed it ended. (I also watched Angel and Charmed ... I love those type of shows too).

I still enjoy Supernatural as well ... I hope it stays on the air. I'm super annoyed right now that FOX cancelled one of my other favourite (new) shows ... Drive.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
Their father, John, is back for the season finale though Very Happy Oh, and the Roadhouse is going go up in flames.

You know the daughter of the woman that owns the Roadhouse? Can't think of her name, but boy, does she ever look like the actress that plays Sam on ER.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

Who's Damian?

Dean and Sam will never been killed-off, as they are the show.

Haha...I got really confused. First I thought Sam was Dean. I got their names mixed up, but to make it more confusing, I only remembered the letter D and thought the name was Damian. I only saw 3 episodes so far. I am not really a TV person, but started watching it for treadmill purposes.
Caspers Mum

Thu May 10, 2007 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Director's cut preview of of (part one) of tonight's season finale. Looks good, and you know I'll be watching! Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCLv1W7IfzY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbulletin%2Emyspace%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ecfm%3Ffuseaction%3Dbulletin%2Eread%26messageID%3D3448526226%26MyToken%3D07a0f36f%2D9c5c%2D44ca%2Da54

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:

I love Supernatural as well. I haven't missed an episode yet. I also watched Charmed. My sister has been buying me the DVDs for each Charmed season, for my birthday, holiday, etc. But going back to Supernatural, that car brings back a lot of memories. My first car was a 1969 Chevy Caprice (one step up from the Impala). Those cars used to haul. They have a big V8 in them.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
So sad that Sam died last night. Hope he'll get revived.
Caspers Mum

Fri May 11, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
So sad that Sam died last night. Hope he'll get revived.

Fersure. Sammy's coming back. Don't worry.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Dancing I think Sam is adorable, but Dean is the more mature and responsible one...still cute but in a sensible way.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |