Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Jurlique rose silk dust
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy recommended this product a while ago, but it took me so long to try it Embarassed But I finally did, and I am so glad because I think so far it's going to be my favorite loose powder! The smell is beautiful just like roses, and the texture is very finely milled. It's super soft, and feels silky when you brush it on with a fluffy brush. It is stark white in color, but it goes on transluscent over my dark skin, even when I reapply it mid-day. I think it does a great job of keeping shine away; although, I'm not that oily to begin with. I really don't have to reapply more than once in a 16 hour period. The packaging although elegant, is quite heavy. It's in a ceramic jar with a gold top--it looks like a jar you would find a face cream in. I've tried, B.E., and Youngblood, and I think Jurlique rose silk dust is the best. I want to try the lavender one next.
Mabsy

Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm so glad I have a "Silk dust partner"! This it still my fave touch up powder. I would love for them to make it in a compact of some sort because the packaging doesn't really make it travel/touch-up friendly. At the moment it's sitting on my desk at work and I use it around lunch time as needed. I haven't really needed to touch up recently though but I still use it sometimes anyway 'coz I love the smell Embarassed I think I have a few ladies at work hooked on it as well, they get naturally curious about what's in the ceramic white jar and they end up smelling it and then wanting to buy some Bad Grin

Mabsy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Great Jumpin’ Johosphat!!! I bought the Rose Silk Dust with a heavy degree of skepticism, wondering how a pure white powder (when I opened the package, I thought, “this looks like baby powder,” despite the delicious rose fragrance!!) could actually be translucent enough to work as an overall face powder without making me look like a mime, but you can now count me as one of the believers! I put a layer of the Rose Silk Dust on my face *before* I put on my JI pressed powder foundation, then put on another layer after I’d finished “putting on my face,” to set my makeup, and I swear to God, I did not have to blot my face even once yesterday. Do you have any idea how remarkable that is????? I just wish the packaging was a little more conducive to being carted around in my makeup bag in my purse all day...I think I’m going to buy a little powder sifter/container at Sephora and put some Rose Silk Dust in it to carry in my makeup bag and keep the little glass jar it came in in my desk for emergency touchups and just when I want to refresh my nose’s memory of the stunning scent!!

Carrie
Mabsy

Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Carrie - glad you tried this! The packaging does suck - it's not portable at all. Also, be careful with closing the lid. I closed mine a little bit too tightly I think and it cracked so I now have to be extra careful.

This powder is really good at controlling the oilies but I have not tried applying it before AND after JI. Whenever I use it it's just over the top (although I haven't used it recently). I'll have to give your trick a go Smile
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy, sounds nice!

Can you tell me what this powder contains? Is it basically a mineral powder?

Thanks!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:08 am      Reply with quote
cheezwiz wrote:
No, I don’t think it’s a mineral powder – that’s what makes it so unique and remarkable! Have a look at the ingredients here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/jurlique-rose-silk-dust-p-p_451.htm
Mabsy

Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:25 am      Reply with quote
cheezwiz wrote:
Hi Mabsy, sounds nice!

Thanks!

Off the box:

Corn Starch; Rice Starch; Silica; Herbal Extract Mixture from: Calendula, Arnica, Witch Hazel, Daisy, Sage, Rosemary and Orris; Rose Oil; Lauroyl Lysine, Lavender Oil.

Smile
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:46 am      Reply with quote
If you don't mind me asking as far as keeping away the shine what else does this powder actually do? Have you noticed a difference in your skin since you have been using this? Also is it similar to Jane Iredale and if you have breakouts does it treat them or soothe them? - I ask this as I notice it contained witch hazel
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:19 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
If you don't mind me asking as far as keeping away the shine what else does this powder actually do? Have you noticed a difference in your skin since you have been using this? Also is it similar to Jane Iredale and if you have breakouts does it treat them or soothe them? - I ask this as I notice it contained witch hazel
I haven’t been using it long enough to answer, so I’ll defer to Mabsy on this one....
Mabsy

Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm the wrong person to ask as well because I rarely have breakouts. I don't think it would do anything to heal them - it's just a very good setting powder. It might be good for sensitive skin (seeing as it hase rose in it) but I'm not 100% sure on that.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Could you wear this on its own? I am not into wearing makeup everyday, but the possible oil soaking up benefits of this product are making me want to try it. Not wanting a powdery or white looking face, but someone said it goes on translucent so maybe won't get this effect.

Thanks guys! Everyone always so lovely and helpful

maddy
Mabsy

Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Maddy - yeah, not a problem with using this by itself just for oil control. I have used it this way to take away moisturiser shine.
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:11 am      Reply with quote
That was quick!
Thanks very much for that. At the moment, skin is so shiny can practically see own reflection in it. Is clear, but so shiny. Still have not discovered right combination of things, I think. Anyway, am definitely going to try this.

maddy
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Maddy:

How do you have oily skin and no break outs? (I.E., what do you use/what is your regime to keep your skin clear?) I have heard that there are lucky ones among the oily skin population that don't experience break outs. Wish I were in that lot. Rolling Eyes

Also, what kinds of make-up do you use? Please give me details, girl! Wink

Thanks!!
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:28 am      Reply with quote
umm, I don't know. Have never had many breakouts, but my skin is oily mega- shiny shiny forehead. At the moment I am using Thalgo products, I don't think I have been recommended the right ones. I also have some clear blemish clearing gel from the chemist (it was a prescription) to help clear up a dermatitis type rash that I have recently got. I don't do anything special to it. Maybe just the cleansing twice a day keeps blemishes away? also, I don't use moisturiser or anything on my face at night. Sorry not to help you more...I drink probably a medium amount of water and eat ok, but nothing magical. I can't think- maybe just genetic, my nanna had great skin?
Have gone on long enough. But, you could try zinc vitamin supplements (not long-term tho)

Hope I have helped somewhere. I haven't actually helped the oiliness yet, but am going to try decleor next and see how that goes.

maddy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:20 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
I have heard that there are lucky ones among the oily skin population that don't experience break outs. Wish I were in that lot. Rolling Eyes

Also, what kinds of make-up do you use? Please give me details, girl! Wink

Hey, woo-hoo! I'm one of the oily-wenches that rarely has breakouts...although sometimes I think that I'd trade for a 'normal' skin type that experienced a few breakouts rather than the skintype I've been cursed with!

As for makeup, it's mineral makeup all the way for me! I use Jane Iredale pressed powder foundation, Jurlique Rose Silk Dust as my "setting" powder, NARs 'The Multiple' blush in Portofino, Urban Decay Primer Potion to neutralize my oily eyelids, then whatever Bare Escentuals or Mystic Minerals eye shadow that catches my fancy.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:24 am      Reply with quote

Maddy- it's the genes. Lucky lucky you!

Carekate- trust me, you would rather have clear skin. Perhaps b/c you have never been in my shoes where at this point I am so sick and tired of how much time I put into covering my face up every day. Mad I know my break outs aren't that bad compared to most... I just wish I didn't have to be so self-conscience but I really think men subconsciencely are attracted to women with good skin. (And if I can't get over this I will forever be alone especially if I keep putting my head down everytime I go near someone I think I might be attracted to). I suppose I feel like it is a reflection of my maturity in that if I still break out it must mean I won't act the age I look (as stupid as that sounds). I always told myself through out high school to hold on... that by my sophomore year in college I would be all clear like the rest of my friends. Then that year came and I told myself that by the time I was out of college I would be all clear... to just hold on. Well, here I am still with breakouts (and horrible scars which I am also self-conscience about). Crying or Very sad At least I know that I could have a worse health situation and I am thankful for what I don't have. This brings me peace of mind and helps my self-conscienceness (a little bit).

Okay! Sorry to go off like that. I guess, Carekate, you should think of it this way- in your golden years you won't have to spend as much money on wrinkle creams like you would if you had normal or dry skin.

Take care and thanks again for your responses.
kookykitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I also love the Jurlique Silk Dusts! My fave is the Lavendar one. I have uber oily acne prone skin and I use the Lavendar silk dust to set my foundation. I definitely find that I need to blot less and it doesn't break me out either. In fact, I think it might actually have helped clear up my skin. lol! :P I thought it would be too white at first, but it really is translucent. It smells lovely, too! It's a lot cheaper in Australia if you know someone there that can buy it for you, too. Smile
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:33 am      Reply with quote
I am in Australia!!
Amnis-
Promise you that guys not all attracted to girls with clear skin. I have a friend who is always really popular with guys but had pretty bad skin. Think it might be the confidence- also she had lovely blonde hair. If you are using a heavy foundation it might be blocking your pores and making it worse- I don't wear foundation, except once to a wedding and maybe three times after that, since I bought it. You have probably read about the mineral makeup- this is supposed to help blemishes clear up so if you aren't already using it maybe give it a try.

I hope this helps. Also hope you feel better soon.
Take care
something just happened to my writing- has gone to top of screen. Hope this isn't written twice then, or put into some weird section on its own.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Well not planning on ordering anything today-home sick but the powder sounded so wonderful that i just ordered it-What type of brush do you use to apply it with Question
kookykitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
Well not planning on ordering anything today-home sick but the powder sounded so wonderful that i just ordered it-What type of brush do you use to apply it with Question

Hello, Red Head! Smile

I use a powder brush to apply mine(Stila #8 or Scott Barnes--both are uber soft and a real treat to use on the face). You could also use a powder puff if you want to use it in a setting motion. Just put a bit of powder on the puff, then press the product onto your skin and dust off the excess with a brush or puff puff puff it onto the skin with the powder puff. lol---"puff puff puff"--really technical makeup application term! LOL! Laughing

Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
red head wrote:

I just use my A'Squirrel kabuki brush. Any fluffly soft powder brush should be suitable.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks-Feeling much better today sinus stuff>so going shopping and will get the brush-I have gotten so much info from this site-Thanks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have been fighting temptation, but your review has pushed me over the edge and I have just pushed the submit button on my new order!!
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2005 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Quick question!! Since this absorbs oil, will it work on normal/dry skin? Will this make my skin "crave moisture"? I have normal skin that can become DRY very easily.

This product sounds lovely, and I am dying to try it.

Lori

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |