Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Fuller plumper lips since using DMAE twice daily for 2 weeks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I started using a DIY DMAE serum 3% two weeks ago and I noticed the last two days how my lips got noticably fuller Smile I never heard that DMAE has that effect? I dont even need a lip liner anymore which I used before to make them a little larger looking. Now it looks just like that w/o the liner. I just wanted to use it to keep my skin firm and this was an exciting side effect Smile
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've recently added PSF DMAE to my routine, and I've included my lips. While I have full lips, it does seem to plump them up a bit more. Don't know what will happen over long term use.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Smoky1 wrote:
I've recently added PSF DMAE to my routine, and I've included my lips. While I have full lips, it does seem to plump them up a bit more. Don't know what will happen over long term use.

I use the PSF, but that stuff smells so bad, i can't imagine putting it on my lips, does it taste bad? I'll have to try the DIY DMAE on my lips Smile
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I agree that the smell isn't that great, but it seems to dissipate quickly, so even putting it on my lips, it dries quite fast. I definitely don't run my tongue over my lips! ... and quickly put lip gloss on afterwards.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:20 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to add... the things we have to do for beauty these days!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Ah you mean that awful fishy smell that makes you want to gag? It's so nasty! Are PSF using the amine form?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip, I will give it a go! Smile
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I use the bitartrate form and it has NO smell at all. Its the amine form that smells fishy.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
i've been using Candessence DMAE (no fishy smell at all, very light, sinks in immediately) for a few months and i believe both myself and MelissaMarie commented on the same thing. my lips have been loving this from day one.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
i've been using Candessence DMAE (no fishy smell at all, very light, sinks in immediately) for a few months and i believe both myself and MelissaMarie commented on the same thing. my lips have been loving this from day one.

I've had the same experience! Since I began using the Candessence DMAE, I do notice a very nice plumping effect...enough that I no longer take HA capsules (I was only using them for lip plumping, not for the other benefits).

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I've had the same experience! Since I began using the Candessence DMAE, I do notice a very nice plumping effect...enough that I no longer take HA capsules (I was only using them for lip plumping, not for the other benefits).

Mary, how long have you been using it to see the full effect?

Ive only been using it for two weeks and can already see a difference. That is so exciting - I cant wait to see what my lips look like in a couple of months.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
It def helps plump up the lips, now it won't blow them up, but if your "aging" like me, your lips get smaller, what it gives me, is my own lips back and a bit more!!! I too noticed plumping fast...

To the fish smell questions, that is the amine form, Candy uses the bitrate form and hince no smell. I personally can't take the amine smell, it does disapate fast, but I found I'd still get a slight whiff of it even hours later, ewww.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Monica34 wrote:
Quote:

Mary, how long have you been using it to see the full effect?

Ive only been using it for two weeks and can already see a difference. That is so exciting - I cant wait to see what my lips look like in a couple of months.

Hi Monica!

I saw results pretty fast...within the first week. At about a month or so was when I feel the results sort of "leveled out" and my lips got as big as they were going to be (without going under the needle, that is... Laughing ). I'd agree with MelissaMarie's assessment that it doesn't blow up your lips up, but it most definitely improves on what you have!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've been watching this thread with interest! I just recently started using Alima's tinted lip balms, and I noticed that they had DMAE in them. I thought that was a little bizarre since I had never seen DMAE used in lip stuff before, but now after reading this thread it makes more sense. I hope if I use the Alima balm regularly I can get the nice results you ladies are talking about!^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I've been watching this thread with interest! I just recently started using Alima's tinted lip balms, and I noticed that they had DMAE in them. I thought that was a little bizarre since I had never seen DMAE used in lip stuff before, but now after reading this thread it makes more sense. I hope if I use the Alima balm regularly I can get the nice results you ladies are talking about!^-^

Liz, are these the balms you are using?

http://www.alimacosmetics.com/roi/661/Mineral-Cosmetics-Lips/Nourishing-Lipbalm/

If so, they look lovely...and how cool you can order samples for just a dollar!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:

http://www.alimacosmetics.com/roi/661/Mineral-Cosmetics-Lips/Nourishing-Lipbalm/

Mary Very Happy

Hi Mary! Yes, those are the balms! Right now I'm using Sugar Rose (neutral peachy pink) and Chai (very natural nude)--- they are both gorgeous, and they aren't sticky so DH doesn't complain about kissing me when I'm wearing them. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Mary H. wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:

Mary Very Happy

Hi Mary! Yes, those are the balms! Right now I'm using Sugar Rose (neutral peachy pink) and Chai (very natural nude)--- they are both gorgeous, and they aren't sticky so DH doesn't complain about kissing me when I'm wearing them. Wink

Liz, I love ya! You just answered the question I forgot to ask in my last post! Laughing That is, whether they are sticky ...because the hubby does not like giving me a smooch when I've got a goopy gloss on my lips! SO glad to hear that these aren't potential "spouse repellents"... Laughing

Thanks for posting about these balms...a definite must try for me!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:

Liz, I love ya! You just answered the question I forgot to ask in my last post! Laughing That is, whether they are sticky ...because the hubby does not like giving me a smooch when I've got a goopy gloss on my lips! SO glad to hear that these aren't potential "spouse repellents"... Laughing

Mary Very Happy

Well Mary, we are two peas in a pod! Wink I definitely agree with you--- it's in our best interest to avoid the sticky "spouse-repellents"--- esp. on days we want to get kissed, lol!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Mary H. wrote:

Mary Very Happy

Well Mary, we are two peas in a pod! Wink I definitely agree with you--- it's in our best interest to avoid the sticky "spouse-repellents"--- esp. on days we want to get kissed, lol!

Amen! I'm definitely going to get some of these to try out. Everything you've recommended in the past has become a staple item for me (Clarins sunscreen, Ganache for Lips, etc.), and I'm sure these balms will be no different!

Mary Very Happy

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |