Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Musical Instruments -- do you play any?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Poll :: Do you play a musical instrument?

Yes
58%
 58%  [ 14 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 24

tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
How many members can play a musical instrument? Can you play more than one? What do you play?

And if you don't play one, would you like to and which instrument would you choose?
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I could play an instrument. I tried (since I was a teenager) the following: electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keyboard and violin. In all of them, I grew bored and stopped. I think I just lacked the patience to practice until I could actually play something. Most of them I actually bought the instrument (or my parents did) and it turned out to be a big waste of money. However, with the violin I was smart ... I rented one throughout the few months of lessons I took and then returned it at the end. I envy all of you who do have musical talent! I've love to hear if anyone else plays anything.
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Sadly, I don't have an ear for music. In the 3rd grade my parents sent me to piano lessons and after almost a year my teacher suggested I try baton instead. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
In elementary school I gave the flute, viola and clarinet a try. I didn't love playing, but I enjoy listening to classical music a lot -- very relaxing to me.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
My husband has been a drummer for almost 30 years, and about 11 years ago, I asked him to teach me. Yah, I know, look at my age. We have an 11 piece drum kit in our livingroom and I have to admit, I'm really hooked. Love drumming to 70's hard rock, Rush, Boston, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC. Weird, eh? My sons bring their friends over to see the incredible drumming grandma.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I play piano and have since I was a child. I am currently however interested in learning to play Saxophone.

I want to be Lisa Simpson. Laughing
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
This is so interesting reading everyone's experiences with learning to play an instrument. Smile

As for myself, I took piano lessons for three years in elementary school and then quit. When my son started taking lessons, I picked it up again and taught myself -- I'm not that good, but I do like to play.

I also played the clarinet during junior and senior highschool in band. I didn't really like it, but I wanted to stay in band.

Right now, if I had the time to learn to play another instrument, it would be the harp. I think that it plays such beautiful music and is a completely romantic instrument. Very Happy
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes Tam I am very adept at playing the 'Comb'. Wink

For those not up with this highly technical instrument let me explain... you take one perfectly good comb with graduated teeth, slip it between a folded page of thin paper(from a telephone directory works best) & hold to your lips and kind of blow whilst making a sort of humming noise. My two personal fave tunes are 'Amzing Grace' & 'Big Spender'. Laughing
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
I don't play anything.. Crying or Very sad But I like to be serenaded! Very Happy
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
vava_gurl wrote:

For those not up with this highly technical instrument let me explain... you take one perfectly good comb with graduated teeth, slip it between a folded page of thin paper(from a telephone directory works best) & hold to your lips and kind of blow whilst making a sort of humming noise. My two personal fave tunes are 'Amzing Grace' & 'Big Spender'. Laughing

Well, I for one, will never question your talent! Wink Laughing Laughing
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
I played trombone for almost 10 years, trumpet for 3, baritone for 2, saxophone for 2, flute for 6 months and viola for 4 weeks.

I dabbled in piano, self-taught.
I was also in choir.

I miss music, but can't imagine how I sound after not having played for awhile. Embarassed But I still remember how to read music and the like.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I played trombone for almost 10 years, trumpet for 3, baritone for 2, saxophone for 2, flute for 6 months and viola for 4 weeks.

I was also in choir.

I miss music, but can't imagine how I sound after not having played for awhile. Embarassed But I still remember how to read music and the like.

You must have a knack for music! Smile What was your favorite instrument?
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
vava_gurl wrote:

Thanks Tam - many blessings to you! Laughing

Hmm shame we dont have the facility for sound on the forum - because then I could post you a little sample. Wink What's that I hear you say???... 'damn glad sound is not an option' Very Happy Very Happy ... and vavagirl recedes from the stage to the sound of deep & grateful sighs of relief!! Wink
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
vava_gurl wrote:
tam wrote:
vava_gurl wrote:

Thanks Tam - many blessings to you! Laughing

Hmm shame we dont have the facility for sound on the forum - because then I could post you a little sample. Wink What's that I hear you say???... 'damn glad sound is not an option' Very Happy Very Happy ... and vavagirl recedes from the stage to the sound of deep & grateful sighs of relief!! Wink

Well... there's alway YouTube! I'd love to hear a sample of your music; even better if I can watch you perform! Laughing
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
I can fake my way on a bass guitar well enough to not embarrass myself if the audience is fairly drunk Razz

I'm much better at lead vocals--again, depending on the audience!

The drunker they are, the better I sound...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
vava_gurl wrote:

The minute you walked in the joint...

I could see you were a man of distinction...

Very Happy Love that song!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've played classical piano since I was a little katiecakes....

In the beginning, it was largely against my will. Later on though, I was very grateful that my parents "persuaded" me to stick with it.
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
rofl Oh yes it is a visual feast - not to mention a joyous auditory experience.

But alas my dear as I do not know you very well - seems an awfully cruel thing to do to you!! Besides I tend to sound best after several wines and even then it can take much encouragment. Laughing

Just so you dont think I am a total nutter, I can play a little piano. I always planned to improve with more lessons... ah well one day soon.
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
heathercolorado wrote:
vava_gurl wrote:

The minute you walked in the joint...

I could see you were a man of distinction...

Very Happy Love that song!

rofl Uhoh I feel a tune coming on !!!!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
vava_gurl wrote:
rofl Oh yes it is a visual feast - not to mention a joyous auditory experience.

I suspected as much! Wink

vava_gurl wrote:
But alas my dear as I do not know you very well - seems an awfully cruel thing to do to you!! Besides I tend to sound best after several wines and even then it can take much encouragment. Laughing

Hey, if you every change your mind, I promise that I will be in the correct "state" to truly appreciate your music. rofl
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:15 am      Reply with quote
i playED the piano and hope to pick it back up one day. i did finish grade 8 but my teacher swears i'm tone deaf!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:58 am      Reply with quote
Trained in classical piano since age 4, violin at 8, picked up bass guitar at 12. Used to be in a band, currently sing in my university's 150-person choir and I like writing my own music too. I guess I was more an artsy kid than sporty. Can't throw or catch a ball even my life depended on it.
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:09 am      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
Hey, if you every change your mind, I promise that I will be in the correct "state" to truly appreciate your music. rofl

Oh Tam you are too kind and yes you shall be the first to know if & when that moments comes to fruition! Laughing
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I WISH Sad
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
ParisTroika wrote:

I was also in choir.

You must have a knack for music! Smile What was your favorite instrument?

My trombone (especially the bass trombone) was my love for awhile...until I tore my left rotator cuff and had to switch to trumpet for marching band season. Cool thing was, I had only been playing it for 5 weeks and I scored the solo. Many of the 1st trumpets were pissed off at me Bad Grin

Oh band...the drama, the unrequited love, the revenge, such a dirty game... Laughing

Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |