Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Re4mer Hair Process--Has anyone tried it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Interested in perming hair, but not really ready to commit. Anyone try re4mer?? Here is a link: http://www.re4mer.com

My salon offers the process, but want to know from you girls!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really interested in this.. Haven't tried it yet though.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very interested too!

I read the information on the re4mer site and it said that the perm lasts up to 12 weeks. What is your experience with the amount of time that it actually lasts? Does the type of hair affect the longevity of the perm? In particular, I am wondering how it would work on thick, coarse hair?
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to go to my salon this coming Thursday to find out all of the info on this. I have coarse hair, but it's long and pin straight. Would love to put some curls in it without hurting my hair and without the long term committment. My stylist's web site says that they charge $80 for the service. It may last from 6-8 weeks, which is the down side if you want to make your perm last. My experience has always been that my hair grows fast and the perm starts to look worn out in about 9-10 weeks. But I am not sure I want to go with a normal perm. Will let you know if I go for it this Thursday!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
If you do get it done, please try to take before and after pics; would love to see them! Very Happy
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
My appointment is this Friday. Curious--should I use something on my hair to remove product buildup before I go?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
The woman who does my hair called to get information about it. She's intrigued so were going to try it. Let us know Diva.

kimberly
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Okay. I wish my digital camera was working otherwise I would post pictures.

I am Asian, with very coarse, straight black hair, just below my shoulders. My hair is long and limp, so I thought a perm would be awesome. I have tried cutting my hair short, but when it's short, my hair is lifeless!

Anyway, had my appointment today. My stylist explained that if I get a light body perm, the curl may not last, because my hair is long and it will weigh the whole hair down and look like there is no curl. So she should be the smaller rods (pink) and told me that these should give a good curl to my type of hair and make it last longer. I wanted it to look like spiral curls.

Then she explained that it will be less harmful than a regular perm. It begins with a gel-like solution that she puts in sections of my hair first. Then she rolls that section. She told me the re4mer solution is a little hard to work with because it gets slimy the longer that it is on the hair as she rolls it, but there is LESS ODOR! Then after she rolled is (1.5 hours), she put a plastic bag and towel over my curlers and processed it for 25-30 minutes. Then it was rinsed (with curlers still in) and she put me under the drier for 5 minutes. Then she put a neutralizer on it and let is process for 7 more minutes. The neutralizer smelled of roses. Then the curlers came out, and she gave me a quick wash and condition. It still has an odor, but not as intense as a perm solution.

She told me that you can usually wash your hair the day after, but because of my length she told me not to wash for 48 hours.

BUT WOW! The results!!! My hair is super soft, and CURLS GALORE! And they came out very springy and spirally (is that a word?)!!! She thought that I did not need a hair trim because I had it cut a week earlier, and she said that this process is less damaging than a perm. She guesses that if I take care of it will last for 3 months. She said if I had shorter hair, it could last even longer. She had a re4mer on her hair and it has lasted her for 5 months and it stil looked great.

BUT WOW!!!!!!!!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
This is great news Diva. Sounds like you're thrilled with your results. Let us know how well it wears. I'll make sure and let you know what happens after my turn.

kimberly
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
divalovesmusic wrote:
Okay. I wish my digital camera was working otherwise I would post pictures.

I am Asian, with very coarse, straight black hair, just below my shoulders. My hair is long and limp, so I thought a perm would be awesome. I have tried cutting my hair short, but when it's short, my hair is lifeless!

Anyway, had my appointment today. My stylist explained that if I get a light body perm, the curl may not last, because my hair is long and it will weigh the whole hair down and look like there is no curl. So she should be the smaller rods (pink) and told me that these should give a good curl to my type of hair and make it last longer. I wanted it to look like spiral curls.

Then she explained that it will be less harmful than a regular perm. It begins with a gel-like solution that she puts in sections of my hair first. Then she rolls that section. She told me the re4mer solution is a little hard to work with because it gets slimy the longer that it is on the hair as she rolls it, but there is LESS ODOR! Then after she rolled is (1.5 hours), she put a plastic bag and towel over my curlers and processed it for 25-30 minutes. Then it was rinsed (with curlers still in) and she put me under the drier for 5 minutes. Then she put a neutralizer on it and let is process for 7 more minutes. The neutralizer smelled of roses. Then the curlers came out, and she gave me a quick wash and condition. It still has an odor, but not as intense as a perm solution.

She told me that you can usually wash your hair the day after, but because of my length she told me not to wash for 48 hours.

BUT WOW! The results!!! My hair is super soft, and CURLS GALORE! And they came out very springy and spirally (is that a word?)!!! She thought that I did not need a hair trim because I had it cut a week earlier, and she said that this process is less damaging than a perm. She guesses that if I take care of it will last for 3 months. She said if I had shorter hair, it could last even longer. She had a re4mer on her hair and it has lasted her for 5 months and it stil looked great.

BUT WOW!!!!!!!!

That sounds great Diva! Very Happy I wish that you had pics to show us. Smile

Did your stylist tell you how often you could reperm your hair with re4mer? Or should you only do this on virgin hair?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
That's great!! Is it similar to a digital perm? Do you think I can do this at home myself? My hair is really dry though.. Crying or Very sad
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I went on the web sitewww.re4mer.com and read some things about it. My stylist said that I could re-do it in 8 weeks, with no problems. Also, she told me she uses re4mer to straighten hair also. I will let you know how it goes!
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
FYI. After a little over 4 weeks, my re4mer perm still looks great. They are now gentle waves, but looks natural. My hair has also grown so will need to go for a trim; curls will probably bounce up again after hair trim!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious, but how much did this perm cost you? Smile
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
My hair is past shoulder length and I wanted a spiral curl (very curly look) since my hair grows very fast. The re4mer perm at my salon in New Mexico USA was $75. A REGULAR spiral perm at an equal salon was quoted to me at $85 here.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Had a trim lat week. Hair looks like I have a light body perm in it. Still looks healthy and shiny. I am very happy. I was thinking about going in June to get the growth done, since my hair grows so fast.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hope this work! My hair, blow-dried slightly just using my fingers. I was wearing ahit so I have hair hat, but tons of volume!!!
LKL6411
5% products discount

Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have fine, stick straight hair that maintains curls and volume for a maximum of about 10 minutes.

I don't like getting perms anymore because they lift my natural hair color a lot, smell awful and give me too much curl and not enough texture and volume which is all I really want.

Earlier comments on the Re4mer process intrigued me so I called the website and they referred me to two salons in the Cleveland area. They were both about $ 65.00 for the process, so I chose the salon that could get me in first.

The process is just like a perm. Because my hair is below the shoulder, the manager tried to convince me that I should go with a regular perm but I told her I wanted Re4mer because it wouldn't lift the color (only lightly I'd been told by both salons) and because I wasn't looking for curl, only texture and body. The Re4mer odor wasn't nearly as strong as a perm, but there's still an odor.

The only thing I didn't (and still don't) understand is that when my stylist was done with the process, she went ahead and shampoo'd and conditioned my hair right away. I asked about this because I'd always been told to hold off washing or conditioning for 24-48 hours after perms, so I expected the same here. She said it wasn't necessary with this product.

I do wish she'd held off on doing that because much of the body I had when she first took out the curlers (she used all grey, by the way) was definitely less after she got done washing and conditioning my hair, and even more washed out the next day when I washed my hair myself.

I do like the effect of the Re4mer although I would definitely insist on some things being done differently next time. For one thing, I was placed under a lukewarm dryer for about 15 minutes. I think my hair would have taken better with a higher (probably medium) heat setting. Second, I would not have wanted my stylist to shampoo and condition my hair right away. I would also have waited at least a day before doing so myself.

But after all is said & done, I see great potential for this product with my hair. My hair is thicker, coarser and definitely has more body now. The Re4mer didn't lift the color visibly at all, and it didn't damage my hair in the slightest. In fact, when I was putting my shirt back on in the dressing room, I was surprised at how shiny my hair was.

I'll definitely be using Re4mer again, probably in the recommended 8-12 weeks. This time I'll try the other salon and hopefully will share my previous experience for a great outcome.

Lisa L.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
LKL6411 wrote:

The only thing I didn't (and still don't) understand is that when my stylist was done with the process, she went ahead and shampoo'd and conditioned my hair right away. I asked about this because I'd always been told to hold off washing or conditioning for 24-48 hours after perms, so I expected the same here. She said it wasn't necessary with this product.

I do wish she'd held off on doing that because much of the body I had when she first took out the curlers (she used all grey, by the way) was definitely less after she got done washing and conditioning my hair, and even more washed out the next day when I washed my hair myself.

I do like the effect of the Re4mer although I would definitely insist on some things being done differently next time. For one thing, I was placed under a lukewarm dryer for about 15 minutes. I think my hair would have taken better with a higher (probably medium) heat setting. Second, I would not have wanted my stylist to shampoo and condition my hair right away. I would also have waited at least a day before doing so myself.

Lisa L.

Lisa,

My stylist, told me to not wash my hair for at least 48 hours, like a regular perm. In fact, she said that if I get it wet even just a little, it will take the wave out. I also read that you can color your hair the same day, but my stylist said that it is still processing your hair so just wait a week. My stylist put me under medium heat because my hair is coarse and STICK STRAIGHT!! If U can, I would go back to your stylist and tell her what you have experienced so that she will know for the next client. I know that at the salon that I go to, if I am not happy, they either re-do for free or give me back my money.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to let you all know that I just did another Re4mer to STRAIGHTEN my curly hair. The process was done last week because I had a lot of re-growth and my hair got really long that I wanted to have it straight again. Alas, we always want what we don't have...

Anyway, my hair still felt great with a little trim! Interested to see if anyone else tried it!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |