Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Jurlique Herbal Recovery + Jan Marini Bioclear = miracle!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:32 am      Reply with quote
I started using the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel a week or so ago again in my attempt to bring my skin back to normal. Long story short, lots of travel recently, poor diet, lack of sleep, general tiredness (too tired to mask my face - never thought I'd say that! Shock) has meant that my skin that usually draws compliments has been looking rather sluggish and rough.

I started using MDF Illuminating Serum a few days ago but saw a bottle of Jan Marini Bio-Glycolic Bioclear lotion on my bathroom shelf and decided to use that last night instead for some reason. I have reviewed this before and found it to be a good product. It just so happened that the pump got blocked somehow and after pumping it furiously I ended up with way too much product. Not wanting to waste it, I decided to see what happens if I applied it all anyway. I ended up with a rather sticky face but after a few minutes it got to an "aceptable" level (though still icky). At this stage, and you must remember I'm sleep deprived right now Smile, I thought "well, now I'll dry out my skin so I have to put something over the top too". I took a larger than usual quantity of Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel and applied that and then went to sleep.

I wake up this morning and I look up into the bathroom mirror as I'm about to brush my teeth, and I freeze... I'm standing there, looking at my skin, which at this stage is looking *so* much better that I just can't believe it. Even tone (not the usual "morning look" I'm used to recently), a healthy glow to the skin and bumps that are much less prominent. Seriously, I stood there for a while just staring at the results trying to figure out how this is possible. I also got lots of compliments at work today about looking rested and relaxed.

I can't really explain whether it was the extra quantity of the Jan Marini, or combination Jan Marini with Jurlique, or both, but I am about to do the same thing tonight before I head for bed. I have used both of these products separately before and I know that they do work well for me but I have not ever before seen a result this quickly with them.

What do you think this could be attributed to? After all, I only had just over 5 hours of sleep last night so not all that long for a product to work that dramatically. I've also been exfoliating on a regular basis (but with a non-AHA product) so it's not a sudden shedding of dead skin cells etc

Either way, I'm this! I don't want to overdo it but I'll repeat this for the next few nights and see what happens.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
whats in it?is it like is clinical superserum?
Mabsy

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:05 am      Reply with quote
The Jurlique is all natural but the Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear is a 2% BHA and AHA treatment (i.e. for pore cleaning). I know that the Jan Marini Bioclear stuff is effective over time but the 2% BHA + AHA simply can't account for the results I saw this morning I don't think ...

And I also forgot to say that I've been terrible at drinking water recently, which includes yesterday. I mention this because drinking lots of water does have a visible impact on my skin (though also not this quickly) .
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Good for you Mabsy Wink it's nice when you get results like that! Unfortunately I am one of the few people who can't seem to use Jurlique's Herbal Recovery Gel, everytime I try using it I end up getting breakouts...& I have given it many chances but have had no luck. Sad Although I had a result similar to yours the other day when I used my beloved La Prairie Hydro-Repair Night Cream, which I haven't used in weeeeks & then I applied some Dr H Rose Day Cream on top (never done this before)...went to sleep & woke up with super soft glowing skin...& no redness Shock! (which is something I always have Confused) I even got several compliments, which was nice! Very Happy

My assumption was due to the high level of AHA/BHA in the LP cream, & seeing as I hadn't used it for a while I think the results were therefore more significant, i.e. as I found when I used it every night I didn't see amazing results possibily because it was exfoliating my skin too much & hence causing the red cheeks Rolling Eyes ...but that is just my experience.

Smile
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
I have been using Jurlique HRG after IS Clinical Active Serum and I cannot be more pleased. I think AHA/BHA helps others actives and antioxidants to penetrate deeper into the skin. Maybe this is why you got rapid result from combining both products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just love my Jan Marini Bioclear. It will definitely give you a "glow." I wonder if a lot of members here haven't tried it or they've tried it and didn't like it. I never read that much about JM on the forum. Maybe we should start a new thread as I, for one am curious.

Anyway, I'm glad something worked and so quickly too!

Patty

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
I used Jan Marini products a few years ago before I found EDS and quite liked their products. At the time I was able to buy them in Oz but I only gave them up because the local suppliers really overpriced them so they became quite unaffordable. JM does have some really good products.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:02 am      Reply with quote
I tried several Jurlique products. They are all very natural skincare but as they are so natural, I've got my Herbal Recovery Gel turned bad while it's half remained. Crying or Very sad
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:28 am      Reply with quote
My experience with Jurlique is very limited.

I really like the JM Bioglycolic line -- it's very effective for oily, acne prone skin like mine. I've since gotten my acne under control and don't really need such strong glycolic products - but I always like to keep a little bit of the Bioglycolic lotion around for emergencies.

*I* think the most important thing with Jan Marini products is that you really need a esthetician/physician who is very familiar with the ENTIRE line to recommend products -- it's easy to go wrong with product selection if you don't have help.

Marla

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
My experience with both products separately has been good (this is in fact my 2nd bottle of the Jan Marini and probably 3rd or so of the Jurlique HRG) but the results I got by combining the two are WAY above anything that I've seen with these products alone. I think there may be something to the AHA/BHA aiding the penetration of the HRG. I did this again last night and again this morning I woke up with glowing skin, plump, no sleep lines.... About to do it again in a few minutes Smile

I think I might have stumbled onto something super effective for my skin. Yay for me! Smile

Patty - I'm pretty sure there are some reviews of the Bioclear on the forum but they date back a bit. For some reason it's just not one of the popular products hmm
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to have to look into the Jurlique line. I love all my JM Products but unfortunately, I am allergic to the C-Esta Eye Repair and the Age Intervention Eye Cream. I'm allergic to one of them anyway. I absolutely hate this because I had gotten rid of all my crow's feet. I'll say this also about the line. I gave myself a facial with the Clean Zyme/Skin Zyme. This facial mask is designed to speed up the process of your skin care regimen and boy did it work. But, like a doofus, I put the products all the way up to my lower lashes which was a big mistake. It sped up the skin care products but it also was the cause of my becoming allergic to the eye cream.

For those of you who are looking for products to soften or get rid of crow's feet, you've gotta try the eye serum and cream. Just use it correctly and you'll be fine.

Thanks Mabsey for the heads up on past posts. I'll have to check into it.

And Marla, I use my BioClear all the time because I think it gives me a "glow" and makes the pores on the snozz and chin look smaller.

BTW, I know there are other threads on this, but what do you all use for eye creams?

Thanks again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Patty,

I love the age intervention eye cream...didn't like the c-esta one though...I have a sample of the jurlique & will try it with what's left of some old bio-clear-thanks JM for putting expiration dates on her stuff so I know it's still good.

BTW how is it going with the hair thingy?? Wink
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Marina,

I don't know which one I'm allergic to yet. And after having 3 reactions, I just want to give my under eye area a rest. I'm still not completely over the last spell of red, dry, crackly, peeling skin. Sounds attractive doesn't it? LOL!!

The hair thingy, hmm. I think it gives your hair a different feel. You have to use very, very little of it. I have to say, for my dry, recently dyed hair, it doesn't make it feel healthier and seems to really straighten my hair. BTW, I desparately need a trim. It's really too early to give much of a review as I've only used it since last Fri. I will keep you informed. I really had a good hair day yesterday though. LOL!! Was it the JM or just my lucky day??? I don't know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Patty,

Dosen't sound like an allergy-you probably irritated your skin. I used age intervention the morning after eluage gel concentrate at night & it really burned, Try it again after your eyes have calmed down-this is the best eye cream I ever used.

Strange about the hair stuff-how does it makes your hair straight if you only use it on your roots? Confused

Mabsy,

Thanks for the posting this. When you effuse, I listen. Very Happy
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Marina, I used it yesterday after I shampooed. I don't shampoo every day so after I sprayed it on the roots, I combed it through my hair thinking I would get an even distribution this way. Today, I sprayed it on the roots and just massaged and poofed and shaped my messy looking hairdo. LOL!! I'm having another pretty good hairdo and didn't use my curling brush, just used the serum and hair shaping spray. Oh yeah. I also love to use BioSilk to give me hair sheen. But didn't feel the need to use it today.

Don't buy it for styling though girl. Wait and see what the users and I have to say our results are with thicker hair. Unless you want to be one of the first people to use it.

Patty

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
lorettapy wrote:
I tried several Jurlique products. They are all very natural skincare but as they are so natural, I've got my Herbal Recovery Gel turned bad while it's half remained. Crying or Very sad

lorettapy,
How big was your bottle of HRG? Now I am worry that my big bottle will go bad before I finish it.
Wild Cat

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

Dosen't sound like an allergy-you probably irritated your skin. I used age intervention the morning after eluage gel concentrate at night & it really burned, Try it again after your eyes have calmed down-this is the best eye cream I ever used. Very Happy

Marina -- is this still happening to you?

I've recently added Avene's Ystheal lotion/emulsion and the eye contour and am really liking them.

I'm dying to try the new JM A.I. eye cream -- I'll be bummed if the Ystheal makes my eyes too sensitive to it though Crying or Very sad . So far I've been using my PSF Superhydrating Eye cream with no problems at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Marla,

I stopped the eluage concentrate under my eyes-this is supposed to be a spot treatment anyway. I just got carried away since I usually have rhino skin. I'm using the regular eluage now at night under my eyes & it's working well. No prob. with the JM in the morning. I have samples of the eluage. I do have the ystheal...I like the eluage better in terms of texture.I didn't find the ystheal very strong...actually not strong enough for me. I'm pretty sure the ystheal isn't as strong as the eluage concentrate so you should be o.k. Maybe ask this on the eluage/ystheal/diacneal thread...LOTS of experts there.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Whew!

I have rhino skin too but have noticed that it just can't take it the way it used to, which is why I'm starting with the Ystheal to re-incorporate a retinoid product.

I'll check out the Eluage thread again. All of these French names just get me all confused Very Happy .

Gotta order me some of the eye cream too...

Gracias
Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Patty wrote:
... I also love to use BioSilk to give me hair sheen. ...

Patty, you might want to do a forum search for CareKate's post about the evils of BioSilk. After you read it, you will never use the product again! I threw out a brand new bottle of the stuff - wouldn't even consider giving it away after reading Carrie's post (why would I give a bad product to a friend?). There are a lot of products like it that are a lot healthier for the hair. FYI!
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Good Night!!! Thank you so much Miss MermaidGirl. Ya know, you can feel the alcohol on your skin when you pour it from the bottle. I bought the BioSilk months ago on the recs of my hairdresser. I thought it was doing something good like moisturizing because after a couple of weeks, my hair became really flat on top. The hairdresser then told me that she had meant to tell me to use it only occasionally.

My hair is so very dry right now. I've been thinking about getting some kind of moisturizing treatment for it. As a matter of fact, I'm going to go back and read that particular page that came up during my search because of the topics of many of the threads about hair treatments.

Thank you so much again for the heads up. I'll never use it again.

Patty

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Patty wrote:
... My hair is so very dry right now. I've been thinking about getting some kind of moisturizing treatment for it. ...

You're welcome, Patty. Your hair is probably dry from the alcohol in the BioSilk, and that can cause breakage along the hair shaft which can lead to hair "thinning" out as far as fullness along the length is concerned.

A good moisturizing treatment sounds good. Maybe a good protein treatment followed by a good hydrating treatment. Be careful of using too much protein, however, as it can also cause hair to become brittle.

Very Happy
Mabsy

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:17 am      Reply with quote
And, just a quick update, my good results just keep coming Smile Not such a dramatic difference in the morning today but my skin already is looking more even. Admittedly, I have peeled slightly in two places (over two skin bumps) but I have also just been able to squeeze out a bump that I've had for a very long time.

I think that it's not just the combination of Jurlique and BHA/AHAs, but also the quantity of them. Perhaps I was not using enough of the Bioglycolic in the past to get full results? So much for being stingy with skincare Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I used age intervention the morning after eluage gel concentrate at night & it really burned, Try it again after your eyes have calmed down-this is the best eye cream I ever used.

Marina, what sort of benefits have you seen from the JM age intervention eye cream? Do you find it helps increase firmness in the eye area?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
jwils wrote:
marina wrote:
I used age intervention the morning after eluage gel concentrate at night & it really burned, Try it again after your eyes have calmed down-this is the best eye cream I ever used.

Marina, what sort of benefits have you seen from the JM age intervention eye cream? Do you find it helps increase firmness in the eye area?

I've only been using it a week now...I've noticed lines certainly diminishing & it's very moisturizing without being greasy. As for firmness, I've haven't noticed yet..there is a brightening however. I DID forget to apply PSF gel on my eyelids today & I DID miss it..that should tell you something.

Unless you're SUPER dry, I wouldn't apply JM on your eyelids..PSF handles that area really well though.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |