Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream and Rhythmic Night Conditioner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Well, I just finished a cycle of the Dr H Rhythmic Night conditioner and I also just a few days ago finished off my first tube of Dr H cleansing cream - so I thought it's about time to write a bit about it.

I started using the Dr H cleansing cream around the 20th of April, and I just finished it off a few days ago. I used it day and night, though I suppose I could have used just a teeny bit less each time. Either way, I think you're looking at about 6 to 7 weeks of use out of one tube. That aside, I *LOVE* this cleanser! My skin loves this cleanser! It has a slight organic type of rose scent though I sometimes detected a bit of an alcoholy scent to it as well. I have read many reviews of this cleanser (which is why I eventually tried it) and I do know that some people don't appreciate the smell as much as I do. So be warned Smile

Anyways - sorry it looks like this will be one of those wordy reviews Embarassed - the cleanser is somewhat deceiving in that it is not actually supposed to be used to remove makeup. In fact the instructions direct you to use a makeup remover/cleanser first and then use the cream cleanser on a makeup-free face. The cleanser itself is a thick paste (containing almond meal among other things) and you're supposed to gently press this onto your face and also use a massaging motion. It's not really a quick process - I tend to do this for at least one minute. However, the results have been well worth it! I didn't really have all that many blackheads when I started using this, but after two weeks of using this day and night (and NOT using any other exfoliator) I looked at my nose and realised that I don't remember the last time I've seen in that clear and the pores on it so small. I'm not sure what it is about this cleanser but my skin has definitely positively responded to it. I did in the first week have a breakout (which is quite rare for me actually). I had a big zit come up on my forehead within the first three days. It then disappeared and I had no problems since. In the first two days I also had two or three tiny little white "bubbles" show up on my skin which just came off when gently scratched with my nail. It seemed like it was something that might have got drawn out from the pores (I'm a bit hesitant to say this because I don't know if a cleanser can do that in just a few days). Nevertheless I was impressed.

Now, Dr Hauschka actually advises that you don't use night cream. The cleansing cream does actually leave your skin quite comfortable but I didn't really feel that it was enough so I used Valmont Bio Cellular at night (which is very light). About two weeks into using this cream I was rather impressed and decided that it was time to get more Dr H stuff Laughing I stocked up on another cleansing cream (as you do! Cool ) but also bought the Rhythmic Night Conditioner as well (and some other stuff Embarassed ).

The Rhythmic Night Conditioner comes in a box of 50 glass ampules. You're supposed to do a 28-day cycle (using it just at night) at the begining of every season. Well, winter was slowly creeping up so I thought - "why not!?" Smile I also read some good reviews of this here before so I was quite encouraged.

Thank you ladies (you know who you are!) for the tips on opening these little suckers. I don't like the packaging of these one bit! I'm one of THOSE people who is afraid to change a lightbulb and gets images of the lightbulb being crushed in her hand as it's being pushed into the socket. Now, seriously, how could you ask a person like that to break open a glass ampule with nothing but her bare hands! Shock Seriously though, some of the ampules break off easily and some you really need to wrestle with. I did actually wrap them in a face washer and break off the top through that, but with the really hard to open ones the break wasn't clean and I'd have a spike of glass sticking up on the open edge of the ampule. So basically, I was really careful when using these. I also found that one ampule is PLENTY to cover the face and neck.

Now, the results. I was quite curious about this product because it has the consistency of water. So you cleanse your face, press this "water" on your face with your hands and then that's supposed to be it. No night cream required. The first few nights my skin felt a bit weird - it did feel a little bit dry in places, but mainly I think it just felt odd because it wasn't used to being "naked" at night. Kinda like leaving the house without a watch when you've worn one day after day for years. After the initial few days my face felt fine at night, and it wasn't dry at all in the mornings. This is quite a feat since during this period of time the temperature did drop quite significantly. I don't think the texture of my skin has changed (I didn't really have any complaints in that department though) but I have noticed that my t-zone is not as oily. So I don't actually have to touch up during the day. I will definitely be using this again come next season.

Now, to explain a bit. I started using the cleansing cream first and didn't start on the Rhythmic Night Conditioner till about 2 or 3 weeks after that. I saw the improvement with blackheads in about 2 weeks so I'm attributing that fully to the cleansing cream. I guess my skin being less oily could be attributed to a combination of the two products though.

I know that Jurlique also has a cleansing cream that is said to be similar to the Dr H one. So, of course Rolling Eyes , I just bought one of those as well together with the Jurlique Aromatic Hydrating Concentrate (lemon one) that you're supposed to use the cleansing cream after. I plan on trying out the Jurlique combo and comparing results and seeing which I like more as well.

So sorry for the epic post, just had to get all of these things off my chest.

Mabsy

ps. I did cheat just a teeny tiny little bit. I used eye cream every night Embarassed
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:54 am      Reply with quote
wow, I'm really intrigued by the cleansing stuff! Is it ok for dryish skin too? I use a bog standard balm cleanser at the mo, but I'm always keen to try something new!
Mabsy

Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Guapagirl,

I don't see why not. It should actually be quite suitable seeing as it doesn't strip the skin and leaves it feeling quite comfortable.

Reading off the side of the box: "Provides deep cleansing and is a gentle exfoliant for all skin conditions".

Mabsy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:32 am      Reply with quote
mmmmmmm I feel a spree coming.... Very Happy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:36 am      Reply with quote
LOL I have the same glass aversion. I used a towel for fear of getting shards of glass in my fingers Laughing
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:54 am      Reply with quote
dr. hauschka is truely a very special line of products.
the cream cleanser really does a good job of lightening up those pesky blackheads, and doesn't dry at all. i remember the first few times that i used the cleanser were the first times that i've never felt the need to jump out of the shower immediately and put on some toner and face cream for fear of my face cracking while i was towelling off. that said, it also does not leave behind a grease patch on my face. it is really a cleanser for all skin types.
and the press and massage action...i swear, my face feels firmer, like the pressing was a workout for my facial muscles, well worth the extra time to the use the proper technique.
my boyfriend and i both agree that the cream cleanser smells a bit like beer - he being german, it's all good!
the quince cream is also extra great if you tend to get a bit of an oily nose but need some moisture. it looks extra thick coming out of the tube, but glides on light as anything.

lamicuz
Mabsy

Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Eve - I think they should come up with a special air-less pump version of this product just for people like us! Laughing What results did you get when using it btw?

Lamicuz - I'm really glad to see that another person got the same results with the cleansing cream as I did. It's trully jumped right to the top of my favorite cleanser list! The results might actually be a combination of the cleanser AND the pressing method, so I guess it's important that people closely follow the directions on this one. I just got the Quince Cream in the mail yesterday (thank you Magda & EDS ). I haven't tried it yet but I did open it and it smells lovely (kinda citrusy). I'll start using it soon Smile

Mabsy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought it--thanks Mabsy! thanks to your review of the cream cleanser, instead of paying attention grocery shopping and sticking to my list, I was lured to the Dr. Hauschka aisle. Embarassed Normally it's not a temptation as 95% of their products are not vegan. But this one is and I am so excited to try it!! Wink I will post my experience after using it for a while.
Mabsy

Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I hope you like it! Surprised Can't wait to read your review about it! Keep in mind it is quite different to most of the cleansers out there. Plus I think the method is quite important too (I was quite pedantic with it really - used it exactly as instructed, twice a day every day). I still it! It's top of the cleanser list at this stage. I'm liking the cleansing milk too, which is quite impressive since I don't really like milky cleansers.

Mabsy

ps. I also have to add that I'm VERY jealous that you can get this while grocery shopping! Grrr! I think there's maybe one department store that sells this line in Brisbane. Well, that's what EDS is for Smile ... but still!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing For the longest time I thought it was just your average health store brand. Did not realize it was spa quality.

Quote:
ps. I also have to add that I'm VERY jealous that you can get this while grocery shopping! Grrr! I think there's maybe one department store that sells this line in Brisbane. Well, that's what EDS is for ... but still!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy.

Well I only used the smaller pack .

The best I can say is that in general I liked it as a calming/balancing product especially if your skin is flaring up perhaps due to hormones, stress etc or indeed as an extra boost for your skin. It was a little tricky to apply at first. I ended up pouring the contents in my palm then dabbing it round my face neck and eyes.

I like their idea of no moisturiser at night because they feel the skin should be allowed to breathe and release toxins. However it is also a time for renewal.

Perhaps using a longer course I could tell how this product works for me and I may well try it again on my next order. Wink

There was nothing bad about it but I don't think I was using it long enough to really tell.
Mabsy

Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Eve Smile
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
mabsy,
how exactly do you do the pressing and massaging technique for the cleansing cream?
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I also have to add that I'm VERY jealous that you can get this while grocery shopping! Grrr! I think there's maybe one department store that sells this line in Brisbane. Well, that's what EDS is for Smile ... but still!

Hey Mabsy, I was thinking, in NZ I can get Dr H stuff at health food stores like Hardy's or Health 2000, not sure if you have the same places in Aust, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could find it at somewhere similar... might be worth investigating, you can buy it, take it home and try it straight away how cool is that!
Mabsy

Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:56 am      Reply with quote
thoughtcrime wrote:
mabsy,
how exactly do you do the pressing and massaging technique for the cleansing cream?

Well, Kiwigirl might be better to interrogate on this one because she's just had a proper Dr H facial (lucky *mumble mumble mumble*). But here's what I do. Basically I wet my face and my hands, squeeze out about 3cm of the cleansing cream and spread it between my hands. Then, with the top half of my fingers, I do sort of a pressing/kneading motion all over my face for about 2 minutes. I also do a few circular massage motions here and there as well. It's quite relaxing. But I shall be asking Kiwigirl for a full report nonetheless Smile

Mabsy
Mabsy

Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Kiwigirl wrote:
Hey Mabsy, I was thinking, in NZ I can get Dr H stuff at health food stores like Hardy's or Health 2000, not sure if you have the same places in Aust, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could find it at somewhere similar... might be worth investigating, you can buy it, take it home and try it straight away how cool is that!

Thanks Kiwigirl! I haven't heard of either, but that doesn't mean they're not here I guess. Although I'm pretty good at tracking these things down Bad Grin Nevertheless, I'm slowly acquiring most of the range from EDS Embarassed Luckily parcels only take about a week (or less recently) so I should be trying out the mask and the steam concentrate in no time. Now you have me thinking about the clay mask though Mad

Mabsy
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I'm using the Dr. H Cleansing Cream as well that came with the kit that I ordered from EDS (along with the Yonka Juvenil that I got for free using the gift certificate I won last January...thanks Mabs!). I like the Clarifying Toner, the Normalizing Day Oil, and the Rejuvenating Mask as well. I love the fact that they all contain natural ingredients. The Cleansing Cream has a smell reminiscent of a tree leaf that Filipinos eat (and sometimes boiled in water for use in bathing to purify the skin). I actually like the smell. The leaf is from the Horseradish tree (called Malunggay in the Philippines) scientifically known as Moringa oleifera L. and it is used in folk medicine.

http://www.fnri.dost.gov.ph/wp/malunggay.htm
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Poor mabsy,

Brisbane really is a horror for shopping Crying or Very sad , i can pop down to my local pharmacy and pick up Dr H - they apparently also have some samples, thankfully as i am dying to try yet ANOTHER of your recommendations!!

(However, i am yet to ask about the samples as do H hasn't really appealed to me before - will try this weekend, and I will let you know what they let me have and how generous they are in case there is anything there you might want to try that i can get for free).
Mabsy

Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:50 am      Reply with quote
melissa49 wrote:
Brisbane really is a horror for shopping Crying or Very sad

Tell me about it! Take me back to Melbourne any day! I miss shopping there Embarassed

There's one DJs store that carries Dr H (that I've found anyway) but given their prices it's much better for me to order from EDS...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy just wondered how much do you pay in Aus for say Dr H CC and Rose Day Cream from actual outlets?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:19 am      Reply with quote
I hear ya mabsy. International shipping is my saviour (or my downfall Embarassed Wink )!!
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Rosebud-
Am not Mabsy (last time I checked) but I have a Dr. Hauschka price list here from local health food shop- is $34.80AUD for cleansing cream- so maybe a bit over 10 pounds for you guys? (sorry no pound sign on keyboard- also no real idea of how many dollars equals how many pounds)

Is this pricey? I know its heaps less on EDS but not sure about other retail outlets.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Embarassed Sorry Maddy, I call everyone by the wrong name every time and I'm not even old yet!!!!!
Over here in the shops these are the Dr Hauschka prices:

Cleansing Cream - 50ml, £12 / 100ml, £21
Rose Day Cream - £16
Normaling Day Oil - £18
Bronze Concentrate - £21
Rejuvenating Mask - £25

Yes it is cheaper for us on EDS
$34.80 equals around £15, so it is slightly more expensive for the CC where you are.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:58 am      Reply with quote
maddy wrote:
Rosebud-
Am not Mabsy (last time I checked) but I have a Dr. Hauschka price list here from local health food shop- is $34.80AUD for cleansing cream- so maybe a bit over 10 pounds for you guys?
Laughing

The Rose Day Cream is almost Au$50 here I think (equivalent to £21). Meanwhile I get it off EDS for Au$34.

rosebud - Shock There's a 100ml tube of the CC!!!??? I thought they only came in 50ml...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

rosebud - Shock There's a 100ml tube of the CC!!!??? I thought they only came in 50ml...

I second that Shock. The fact that I thought it only came in a 50ml tube is the only thing that's kept me loyal to Jurlique FWC, if I'd known this I would have been persuaded to try Dr H CC a loooong time ago!! Laughing

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |