Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any horror movie buff?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I like to watch good scary movies. I just saw the Grudge 2 this weekend. It left me feeling unresolved, but I did get scared. Just wondering if anyone else saw it, and what did you think about it?

If you like scary movies, what is your favorite?
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Oh! We just rented that one this past weekend too. It was alright, but I was kinda bummed out because it didn't end like I wanted it to! I won't go into details incase anyone else hasn't seen it yet. I DID keep the bathroom light on last night though 'cause I didn't want to see any eyes peering at me from the dark. Laughing

I can't really think of a favourite horror movie. I love the "monster" movies ... especially vampire movies. I think my all time favourite vampire movie was The Lost Boys. Not really scary, but fun!

I usually don't like movies that deal with ghosts or haunted houses (but sometimes I'll watch them if my boyfriend wants to see it ... half the time I spend with my eyes closed! I'm so bad though because I'll close my eyes, but then ask him "what's happening now" so he can describe it to me without the scary visuals Laughing ).
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I love "thrillers" and suspense movies. But, when the blood & gore starts, I'm outta there! Laughing

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I like a good horror movie too. Some are bad/low budgeted and corny, but others are good. I enjoy the Saw movies
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
I love "thrillers" and suspense movies. But, when the blood & gore starts, I'm outta there! Laughing

Ari

Oh Ari I'm with you - cant handle all the blood & gore. In fact anything with demonic possesion that may be based on a true story creeps me out. Very scary!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I actually had a bad dream after watching the grudge 2 because the stupid ghost came to the US from Japan....how dare they moved!!!!!!!!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've seen the original Gudge films with the subtitles and yes they were scary, the American versions were not impressive.

Watched the Saw II, I've really enjoyed the Saw films, I am normally a real softy when it comes to horror films but my SO loves them so I have become more imune to them.
His all time favourites are The Shining, Chainsaw Masacre, The Omen, Hellraiser (this last one scares the hell out of me).
Last year in Florida he wanted to buy a 'Pinhead' figurine to put at the foot of the bed Rolling Eyes Anxious .
I do love the Omen, it's such a classic and I it's so earie about the cast of the film all being killed after the film was made in freak accidents.
The Shining is another film I can watch over and over.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Amitty Ville Horror scared the crap out of me!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
I love thriller and suspense too! My SO loves blood and guts, I can't stand to be in the same room. BUT you must see HOSTEL. It total freaked me out. It's a little hard to get into in the begining, but whoa... !!

I haven't seen a lot of recent movies, but I was a buff back in the days.

There are some crazy @$$ Japanese horror flicks out there. Sundance is suppose to be doing a Japanese horror movie every Sunday at midnight. I hope to catch a few.

I wish I had more time for movies, I usually fall asleep before it ends anymore.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
zumlya wrote:
I love thriller and suspense too! My SO loves blood and guts, I can't stand to be in the same room. BUT you must see HOSTEL. It total freaked me out. It's a little hard to get into in the begining, but whoa... !!

There are some crazy @$$ Japanese horror flicks out there. Sundance is suppose to be doing a Japanese horror movie every Sunday at midnight. I hope to catch a few.

I wish I had more time for movies, I usually fall asleep before it ends anymore.

I saw and loved Hostel just because I liked how it ended. Justice was served!

My boyfriend loves Child's Play. He bought a Chucky doll. I'm glad it had not come alive.
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Didn't like the Grudge2 that much...felt like maybe Grudge 1.5
Still not a bad movie, I ended up buying the DVD.

I can't really pick a favorite, but here are a few suspense/horror movies I really like:
- Misery
- The People Under The Stairs
- Scream (I know the whole script, word for word. LOL!)

I know there are more but I can't think right now.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:30 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
zumlya wrote:

I saw and loved Hostel just because I liked how it ended. Justice was served!

My boyfriend loves Child's Play. He bought a Chucky doll. I'm glad it had not come alive.

Chucky doll?! That thing used to scare the crap out of me when I was a kid.. It actually traumatized me for years, too. Crying or Very sad
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I love horror movies! My favourites all seem to be the older ones though (The Shining, The Omen etc).
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:

Chucky doll?! That thing used to scare the crap out of me when I was a kid.. It actually traumatized me for years, too. Crying or Very sad

Well, I'm just glad he bought the little one. The big Chucky doll like in the Child Play 1 is rather expensive on ebay. The one he bought is the one after Chucky got a bit cut up and got some punk-rock hairdo. He put it on top of his bookshelf in the bedroom. I'm glad I forget most of the time it's there.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
dalguy wrote:
Didn't like the Grudge2 that much...felt like maybe Grudge 1.5
Still not a bad movie, I ended up buying the DVD.

I can't really pick a favorite, but here are a few suspense/horror movies I really like:
- Misery
- The People Under The Stairs
- Scream (I know the whole script, word for word. LOL!)

I know there are more but I can't think right now.

How funny! My boyfriend bought the movie, too, since he didn't want to forget to return it and get penalized again.
artichoketrish
5% products discount

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
nope. still haven't watched the first one yet. my faves are saw!!, april fool's day (an oldie but a goodie), and red eye.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
artichoketrish wrote:
nope. still haven't watched the first one yet. my faves are saw!!, april fool's day (an oldie but a goodie), and red eye.

Hmm...haven't seen the April Fool's Day. I saw all Saw movies! I liked Red Eye, too.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
poohlisey wrote:

Well, I'm just glad he bought the little one. The big Chucky doll like in the Child Play 1 is rather expensive on ebay. The one he bought is the one after Chucky got a bit cut up and got some punk-rock hairdo. He put it on top of his bookshelf in the bedroom. I'm glad I forget most of the time it's there.

That's good that you forget that it's there most of the time. I think it would bother me like hell! Crying or Very sad
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
My fave would have to be the Ring. When she comes out of the TV....... Anxious

Funny story, I was working late one night, after everyone else in the offices had gone home. There are no windows back there. I was bored, so I was looking at some of the Ring reviews. Of course, I'm going through all of the scenes, and getting kinda spooked. All of the sudden, all the lights go out. I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face it was so dark. I left my office and poked my head out of the room, took a couple of blind steps in the hall and yelled "anyone have a flashlight?" forgetting I was alone. I laughed at myself, and felt my way back to my office. All of a sudden, I stumble into something warm and wet. I bent down and reached my hand out and touched it again. I FREAKED OUT!!!!!!!! I thought Samara had crawled out of the well to get me! Shock

Suddenly the lights came on, and I saw that it was only the owners dog, who must have slipped in when I was in the hall, and had just come in from the rain recently. I'm really surprised I didn't pee myself! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
vava_gurl wrote:
Arielle wrote:

Ari

Oh Ari I'm with you - cant handle all the blood & gore. In fact anything with demonic possesion that may be based on a true story creeps me out. Very scary!

Vava and Ari...I hear ya! I love suspense, but I am a total wuss when it comes to gore, blood and guts. I would never make it through any of the "Saw" movies! Shock

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
If you like horror with a touch of humor, go for thai horror films :P I had to do an assignment on thai horror and some of the films were just hilarious Laughing Having said that, I must say thai horror films aren't really all that scary. If you're looking for the fear factor, then go for Korean/Japanese horror films - those are scary (I watch with a pillow by my side to cover my face at the 'correct' times haha Embarassed)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I also like good horrow movies. Have to see The Grudge 2. I like movies: When a stranger calls, The Omen, and The Shining.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
samantha185 wrote:
If you like horror with a touch of humor, go for thai horror films :P I had to do an assignment on thai horror and some of the films were just hilarious Laughing Having said that, I must say thai horror films aren't really all that scary. If you're looking for the fear factor, then go for Korean/Japanese horror films - those are scary (I watch with a pillow by my side to cover my face at the 'correct' times haha Embarassed)

Too funny! I'm Thai, and remembering as a kid I used to watch Thai horror movies. You're right. They're funny. They got a woman who can remove her head at night to go eat some ah...I'd rather not say what she eats. Anyway, this concept has yet to catch on in the US. Maybe with the Grudge, the Ring, and other Japanese horror movies, they'll start to imitate Thai horror movies, and everyone can have a good laugh.

OMG, I also watch scary movies with my face buried in my bf's shoulder or with my hands covering my face with my fingers open over my eyes to peek if it's getting scary yet.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
OMG, I also watch scary movies with my face buried in my bf's shoulder or with my hands covering my face with my fingers open over my eyes to peek if it's getting scary yet.

My brother used to sit crosslegged on a chair or the floor with a large sofa cushion in front of him and at the same time managing to plug his ears and peek around the cushion.
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl: how did you manage to get over 1100 posts since only joining EDS in Dec 2006. That's very impressive.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |