Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

bumpy skin..........again
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, here I am it seems back to square one almost. One day my skin looks good, and four more it will look like crap. I just don't get it.
I am trying to address the issue of tiny bumps on my skin. Its almost like the look of what you would try orange peel. I just did a ten percent lactic peel Saturday night, I though it anything that would help, but it still looks the same. I exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate. I use ifeelpretty bha, mandelic acid every other night, cps in morning or night depending, antioxidant spray and rosehip or emu oil (maybe jojoba or advocado but you get the just) mixed in with some seakelp. I also use carekates pearl cream on some nights. Just what am I doing wrong? I can't take the looks of it today. All day today it seemed I am looking in my rearview in the mirror hoping it wouldn't be there the next time I looked. Its literally driving me crazy.
Oh, and I should mention that I haven't used the bha or mandelic since Saturday because I was trying to rest my skin thinking it was all this exfoliation causing it, but it just looks worse since then. Anyhelp would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, Rae
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Oh shoot. I just saw avalanges post. Maybe it has something to do with that.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Rae, Sorry to hear it. Was there a point when your skin felt good before? Maybe you've added too much - dunno Confused Winter makes a big difference, obviously.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
rae,

i just pm'd you! but from the looks of it, it seems like your skin is suffering from over-exfoliation, perhaps it is a defense mechanism as a result of your inordinate sloughing? just a little psychoanalysis of your skin Embarassed

this is how i ultimately interpreted my own reaction, which is why i started the extreme dry skin reaction thread... i just felt like my skin got so tough and textured all of a sudden... not soft and smooth at all. anyways, i do hope you find a simple and agreeable road to recovery!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
My 2 cents would be to go back to basics - maybe a mixture of rose hip seed oil, little emu, little jojoba and maybe some skb and cut out all other actives/exfoliation for a week or two and then start back very slowly. I know if I have too much going on (actives) my skin looks worse than if I did nothing at all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I guess the first thing would be to figure out if the bumps are clogged pores or whether the bumps feel more like a rash. Try smiling really big-- does your face feel tight or slightly swollen? When you touch your skin is it a bit less sensitive that usual, or overly sensitive?
If you really are undecided, you should probably see a dermatologist. He might end up saving you lots of money by prescribing you one good solution so you don't have to buy a million products. My skin used to look very very bumpy, and now I just use tazorac -- don't have to buy much else!
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the help guys. I am cutting out the exfoliation, now, but I did one last night because I just couldn't take the bumps anymore. They are still there. I have none on my forehead, chin or nose, just on the sides of my face and cheek area. Really wierd. I am going to just start doing yogurt and aloe vera masks per avalanges advice, and cut down to basics like everyone said. We'll see what happens in the next week. I am just hoping it dosen't get any worse. I'm so sick of it.
I tried to smile big but I can't tell if my face feels tighter than usual or swollen. I know it feels dry sometimes, but I am usual exposed to really dry air, from the heat of my car because my window is rolled all the way down or to the cold air when I have to get out of my vehicle or load my car, so I don't know if that has anything to do with my dryness or not, if it is dry.
artichoketrish
5% products discount

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
how's your diet? water intake?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
My diet and water intake are the same as always. I don't drink water and my diet sucks. I eat alot of chocolate. I can't help it. And, my favorite drink is mountain dew, but I have been trying to mix it around with something else. Today I was drinking cranberry juice which I am sure is just as bad. I just can't take water. I don't like tea either, so thats out. I don't eat alot of veggies, just green beans and corn. I looooove deep fried french fries. All in all I am a pretty picky eater. I don't eat alot of foods. If I cut out on the fries, and the french toast and spaghetti and ham I would probably starve... Laughing OH, and I looooove cheese and pickle italians. But, thats about what I eat. Not very exotic I'm afraid.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I hope you're feeling better soon! Sad
sahm
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:05 am      Reply with quote
I think I had the same thing! It wasn't really noticeable but I could feel the bumps with my fingers and it was driving me nuts! I only had them on the sides of my cheeks, beneath the cheekbone. I'd been using the same skincare routine so nothing had changed there. Anyway, I bought a clarisonic brush at Christmas and presto - bumps are gone! I use it with my own cleanser and have eliminated my Dermalogica microfoliant - saving a step too!
Hth - I can totally empathise on how frustrating it is!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:36 am      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
My diet and water intake are the same as always. I don't drink water and my diet sucks. I eat alot of chocolate. I can't help it. And, my favorite drink is mountain dew, but I have been trying to mix it around with something else. Today I was drinking cranberry juice which I am sure is just as bad. I just can't take water. I don't like tea either, so thats out. I don't eat alot of veggies, just green beans and corn. I looooove deep fried french fries. All in all I am a pretty picky eater. I don't eat alot of foods. If I cut out on the fries, and the french toast and spaghetti and ham I would probably starve... Laughing OH, and I looooove cheese and pickle italians. But, thats about what I eat. Not very exotic I'm afraid.

Unless it's the Canadian formulation, Mountain Dew has caffeine in it. So drinking litte water then having a caffinated drink of any kind will find you urinating more and getting more and more dehydrated. So, relax on the exfoliating and start easy by drinking about 8 glasses of water a day.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:20 am      Reply with quote
I have the same problem and I can tell you, for me it's definitely NOT over-exfoliation at all. You just have congested skin, that's it. For me what made the most difference is EpidermxII, even Clarisonic didn't do much for me, neither did ISC Active. I exfoliate a lot and I do a lot of purifying masks and that keeps them at bay but they always get worse during the time of the month. I suggest trying other methods of exfoliation - perhaps try a stronger exfoliator? EpidermxII in conjunction with those BHA/AHA products? I can use them all and personally my skin can take it and from your description your skin can probably handle a lot of exfoliation too. I also think it's sometimes a dehydration problem too, that the sebum/dirt just ain't getting out so they reside in tiny bumps rather than acne or anything else so perhaps try a different moisturizer? Oils?

Also what makeup do you use? I found MMU actually enhanced the look of my bumps to make them extremely visible so I realized I can't use MMU anymore, my regular makeup doens't do this and neither does it clog pores. I just realized this recently after REALLY HOPING AND WANTING MMU to work as I really love Alima, but I figured my skin really is a lot better without it.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:37 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I have the same problem and I can tell you, for me it's definitely NOT over-exfoliation at all. You just have congested skin, that's it. For me what made the most difference is EpidermxII, even Clarisonic didn't do much for me, neither did ISC Active. I exfoliate a lot and I do a lot of purifying masks and that keeps them at bay but they always get worse during the time of the month. I suggest trying other methods of exfoliation - perhaps try a stronger exfoliator? EpidermxII in conjunction with those BHA/AHA products? I can use them all and personally my skin can take it and from your description your skin can probably handle a lot of exfoliation too. I also think it's sometimes a dehydration problem too, that the sebum/dirt just ain't getting out so they reside in tiny bumps rather than acne or anything else so perhaps try a different moisturizer? Oils?

Also what makeup do you use? I found MMU actually enhanced the look of my bumps to make them extremely visible so I realized I can't use MMU anymore, my regular makeup doens't do this and neither does it clog pores. I just realized this recently after REALLY HOPING AND WANTING MMU to work as I really love Alima, but I figured my skin really is a lot better without it.

What makeup do you use now?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Well I had my HG before Alima and that was Lancome's Maquicake UVForever powder foundation but that's only available in Asia. It gives me pretty good coverage and it really helps control my oil (as much as MMU) and now that my skin is normalized I don't have to blot for 8 hours or more. I don't use liquid as I'm not as skillful with liquid and I always feel that it's easier for liquid to clog my pores.

I also liked Sonia Rykiel's Supreme Compact Foundation which is a bit like a gel/cream consistency and it worked well for winter but doesn't give me as much coverage as Lancome. I haven't used this one after I balanced my skin so not sure how it will hold up the oil in the summer but it generally leaves a dewy finish while I prefer a matter finish (thus I prefer powders).

I also use my HG concealer which is Lancome's Blanc Expert concealer (also only available in Asia) and I think it's the same as Maquicomplet but with whitening properties (which makes me FEEL like it's doing something for my acne pigmentation when it probably isn't). I also really like JI's Disappear as JI provides a bit more coverage and it's supposedly GOOD for my blemishes but it's harder to blend and it CAN sometimes leave me with lighter/yellower patches.

Anyways I have concluded my use of my regular makeup DOES not give me more acne compared to MMU, sometimes I still get the usual blemish after a full day of makeup but I still got it even when I was using Alima or EDM (and I gave MMU a full half a year to finally decide it didn't work for me).
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:12 am      Reply with quote
i suffer from the same problem as you. Right now my skin is looking really bad!
If you can try to get to a sauna.. do it!
I used to go to the sauna every few days and sit there to let my skin sweat off all the toxins out of my body. And drink lots of water!! My skin has improved, plus i use Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream and cleansing milk.
artichoketrish
5% products discount

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
i have those bumps too. congested skin. it's getting ALOT better though!! i was not getting enough water and (eek!!!) not washing my face everynight. what you put into your body is just as important (if not more than) as what you are doing to the outside of it!! if you are just looking for taste, dasani makes fruit flavored water now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
HHHEEELLLPPPPPP!!!! I'm getting these too! My routine is to use Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream, ACV toner, then Dr. H normalizing oil, these days I add a moisturizer as my skin feels very tight and I'm experimenting between Dr. H quince and Dr. H rose cream. I have these little bumps on either side of my nose and my forehead. They are not pimples per se - looks like the spots one gets with allergy but they aren't itchy, just sitting there, making me feel miserable...AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Can somebody please please please recommend something? I did an aspirin+yoghurt mask yesterday but nothing changed. Rosehip+SKB at night. Even stopped Ysteal. AWWWWWWWWWWW...Please help.... Sad

P.S: How much water is lots exactly? This question is specially for avalange. I normally drink something like 3 liters of water a day - always have. My doc even thought that I had diabetes or something like that (I don't).
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
alright, what's going on here?!
I have the same problem as well - on both cheeks, forhead and jaw area (so pretty much all over my face!) They're just groups of bumps (clogged pores) that are not inflamed. At its worst, I was able to squeeze strings and strings of white stuff out of my pores on my cheek!

What I think have made it worse..
1. MMU
2. cleansing oil
3. over exfoliating

I find that these things have helped..
1. use a cleansing milk
2. humidifier at home
3. lots and lots of water, fruits, veggies
4. flax seed oil (very, very, very important!)
5. less exfoliation
6. regular facials

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
try microdermabrasion
artichoketrish
5% products discount

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
the idea of drinking the recommended dose of water just plain scared me until i realized how simple it is. i drink a regular 20 oz. bottle of water with all 3 meals. so simple once you lay it out like that. and when you do start drinking water like you should, it stops being a hassle and you actually start craving it. mychelle incredible pumpkin peel also helps kick my skin into shape. i only use it for 5 minutes 2x a week and it just looks SO much better. i'm a waitress at a sushi restaurant and after i used it one day i had a couple of my "regular" customers tell me how good my complexion looked that day. that blew me away.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi amaska,

Why is flaxseed oil very very important? I take fish oils.

Cat
artichoketrish
5% products discount

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
i also take fish oil instead of flaxseed oil. i was told by the people at whole foods that they do the same thing. is that true?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies, I need some recommendations please. Should do microdermabrasion, clarisonic, aloe+yoghurt, papaya or nothing....

Somewhat frantic Catxxxx
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
My 2 Cents- I would not do anything that is exfoliating. I think you should give your skin a chance to rest - just products that are nourishing.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |