Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do I need the John Masters Texturizer and the Hair Pomade?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:15 am      Reply with quote
My hair is fine and easily flattened. I'm looking at the JM Pomade and texturizer.
I like a bit of a choppy look sometimes but I also like a sleek look. My hair is very prone to frizz and fly aways.

For those who have both or one of these products - which one do you think I need the most or do I need both?
Thank you.
Emma x
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Emma! Very Happy My sister has super straight sleek hair! But her baby hair are very stubborn. She uses the pomade to controll it. She said the pomade is good for stubborn baby hair, but not good for styling. The texturizer is better for styling, and feels really light & gives you that shiny look. It's not greasy either.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Hello Poohlisey,
Thank you for that.
Razz
That sounds like I should get the texturizer.
I also want to get the Neroli Conditioner.
I am loving the Evening Promrose Shampoo.
Emma x
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:31 am      Reply with quote
I agree with poohlisey, I have both and the pomade is totally NOT a styling product. It's more of a conditioning product that smooths frizz and flyaways. I think you'll get a nice choppy look with the retexturizer, but for a sleek STYLED look JMO has a gel too (which I've never used) but I don't think the retexturizer would do that well for sleek looks.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:36 am      Reply with quote
My brother uses the JMO Gel to spike his hair. It leaves his hair spikey all day.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
i'm looking into jm products to help smooth my hair (frizz, flyaways) after blow drying. i have thin, naturally wavy hair - should i go with the pomade or the texturizer? i already tried the defrizzer, but that didn't work so well for me . . .
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
i'm looking into jm products to help smooth my hair (frizz, flyaways) after blow drying. i have thin, naturally wavy hair - should i go with the pomade or the texturizer? i already tried the defrizzer, but that didn't work so well for me . . .

pomade.

i love both these products! i have wavy hair and i use them to increase and define my curls/waves.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
what differences are there between them? they sound fairly similar although the ingredients are different . . .
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
they are very different.
the texturizer is thicker and stickier... it's kind of like a thick gel... the pomade is not sticky, you can also use it as a hand cream. it basically works the same way as a hair serum would work. you only need a tiny amount to smooth frizz.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |