Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
UK people - BBC2 8.00 tonight - Do wrinkle creams work?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I'll bet it's really superficial. Might be entertaining though.
rebelgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I would have watched it but it would probably be superficial like you said.

I checked to see if it's repeated but found that I had been watching BB2 but this was on Confused

Dr Alice Roberts: Don't Die Young

Health documentary series, presented by Alice Roberts, giving guidance on how to keep the body's organs working at peak performance. The body's biggest organ is under scrutiny - the skin. Alice puts her own outer layer to the test, and runs her face through a computer programme which ages her till she looks 80. She meets Ed, a 22-year-old farmer who is exposing his skin to the hazards of the elements and finds out just what happens when skin cancer needs surgery

Duration: 30mins

I've really been enjoying this series, it's been very informative. Another series that is very good is 'The Truth About Food' BBC2 Thurs 8 pm I highly recommend it. It's presented in a really fun way and you learn lots.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:12 am      Reply with quote
I missed this Molly, how was it? Those other programmes look interesting too, I never seem to have the tv on at the right time to catch these.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:28 am      Reply with quote
I watched it, nothing major surprising in there. The jist of it was that for the largest organ of the body we seem to look after it (ie skin) the least.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:33 am      Reply with quote
The 'Truth about Food' is really interesting. Is everyone chowing down on tomatoes now? Smile

I switched to drinking only organic milk after watching a similar programme last year, which said that non organic milk cows are treated so poorly that most get mastitis and problems with their legs as they're never allowed to leave the concrete cow sheds. Put me off for life!
rebelgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:36 am      Reply with quote
I agree with this episode but then we are all highly informed on skin here Wink The other programmes have covered other organs of the body and have been more revealing.

It looks like I did watch the right programme after all!

sarahb wrote:
I watched it, nothing major surprising in there. The jist of it was that for the largest organ of the body we seem to look after it (ie skin) the least.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:23 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
The 'Truth about Food' is really interesting. Is everyone chowing down on tomatoes now? Smile

I switched to drinking only organic milk after watching a similar programme last year, which said that non organic milk cows are treated so poorly that most get mastitis and problems with their legs as they're never allowed to leave the concrete cow sheds. Put me off for life!

:-& Totally agree with you about milk. I also feel the same way about eggs and chicken, got to be organic.

Apparently chocolate should really be organic too, though I cant recall quite why non - organic chocolate is considered so bad.

As for the programme about wrinkle creams on TV. If it said 'they dont work', would we all throw our lotions and potions in to the bin...pffft!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Slightly off topic, but did anyone think it was bizarre that the Bernard Matthews turkey farm has replenished their stocks THAT quickly?! Would you want to eat a turkey from there right now? I know I don't, but then again, it looks like they were so crammed in, I dread to think how they were treated in the first place?!
Maureenall
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I never ate anything (knowingly) that came from Bernard Matthews anyway.The thought makes me ill.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
No, I've never been a Bernard Matthews fan either. Remember the video of those idiot workers who were using live turkeys as baseballs? Mad

Thankfully, there's a super little farmshop not too far away from us where they sell their own meat from animals raised on their own and on nearby farms. You can actually see the livestock, and they look well-cared for, with plenty of room and decent food to eat. The abattoir is only a short distance away too, so the animals don't have to suffer a lengthy journey in a lorry. We buy all our meat from there.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Agree with y'all about the Bernard Matthews turkey thing.

Vomitude!

To continue with the slightly off topic vere.. whenever I hear the name Bernard Matthews I always think of Bernard Manning.

Double whammy of Sad !
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
I missed this Molly, how was it? Those other programmes look interesting too, I never seem to have the tv on at the right time to catch these.

About skincare I thought it went from totally superficial to totally ignorant in parts. For example they seemed to equate burning to getting skin cancer - no advice for outdoor workers to wear SPF regularly. A farmer was told to wear moisturiser to stop his skin getting dry, but not what constitutes a good moisturiser and worst of all they asked a doctor about anti-aging treatments and he said Vit C doesn't work and none of the high street ones are anti-aging except for ones containing retinol; well you'd have a tough time with trying to regenerate your skin using any of those products the retinol seems to be in minute amounts. What else? I'm sure they we're more bricks to throw.

Remembered anothing glaring brick - topical anti-oxidants don't work at all. Where do they get this stuff?!? That one's the most annoying because I just know I'll get that thrown back at me by people who know about my fixation. 'saw it on the telly' so it must be right.

Back again - AHA's are in no way anti-aging they just strip your skin of dead cells and make it vulnerable. Nothing about stimulating collagen production.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
fifi wrote:

About skincare I thought it went from totally superficial to totally ignorant in parts. For example they seemed to equate burning to getting skin cancer - no advice for outdoor workers to wear SPF regularly. A farmer was told to wear moisturiser to stop his skin getting dry, but not what constitutes a good moisturiser and worst of all they asked a doctor about anti-aging treatments and he said Vit C doesn't work and none of the high street ones are anti-aging except for ones containing retinol; well you'd have a tough time with trying to regenerate your skin using any of those products the retinol seems to be in minute amounts. What else? I'm sure they we're more bricks to throw.

Remembered anothing glaring brick - topical anti-oxidants don't work at all. Where do they get this stuff?!? That one's the most annoying because I just know I'll get that thrown back at me by people who know about my fixation. 'saw it on the telly' so it must be right.

Back again - AHA's are in no way anti-aging they just strip your skin of dead cells and make it vulnerable. Nothing about stimulating collagen production.

Just astonishing. The misinformation we're fed with.. Embarassed
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm kind of glad I didn't waste any time on this now, what a load of tosh!
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
wow, now, what should we use then?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I think we're just supposed to roll over Fishzebby.

I do find the public view of of anti-aging in the UK totally at odds with the private lust for youth. It's as if it's shameful to admit it. Everyone I know says nothing works yet the anti-aging market is booming here.

It's good in a way because we can become character actresses in our old age.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:44 am      Reply with quote
The hypocrisy of it is part of our identity, though in a way.

The fact that women I know wont give away their 'beauty secrets' ( the fact that they even should be 'secrets' at all..) reminds me of being at school, and how no-one admitted to a wider circle that they revised for exams, or, later, tried hard or for a long time to get pregnant.

Everything is supposed to be 'effortless' in an ideal world, I guess.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
No, I've never been a Bernard Matthews fan either. Remember the video of those idiot workers who were using live turkeys as baseballs? Mad

Yes I do, it was sickening. Was it there???
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
majorb wrote:

Yes I do, it was sickening. Was it there???

Yep. They made a big song and dance about an apology, but it makes you wonder about all the things we never actually find out.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |