Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
JI "Daytime" eyeshadow kit users -- help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I mentioned before that I do not ever wear eyeshadow, but I have an important event coming up. I bought the Daytime kit since the colors looked low-key enough to enhance my eyes and not look terrible if I messed up applying colors.

So I have the JI Daytime e/s kit and I don't know where to put which color. I am thinking the lightest color is the highlighter, for right beneath the eyebrow. But I am lost with the rest of the colors.

If anyone can offer advice, I would really appreciate it re: color and where to apply. Thank you so much!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone can help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Even if you don't own the kit, if you can take a peek at the colors and let me know what you think is the best way to use them. Since I am so new to this, I would prefer to use no more than 3 shades at one time, and one of them will likely be the far left shade, as a highligher under the brow (I'm assuming).

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/jane-iredale-daytime-eye-p_4175.htm
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely love JI eyeshadows. I have the night time kit and the "Kahki" trio as well. Her shadows are excellent!!! I've looked at the daytime kit too and it's got a great line up of neutral colours. They would look great on anyone. What I would do is start with a base colour, like the second or third shade, then I would put the darker brown in the creas and the lightest shade as a highlighter underneath the brow. The darkest shade would make a great eyeliner. You can always mix and match with the shades though.The format I usually follow for my eyes (which are caucasian, almond shaped and evenly centered) is base colour middle to all over eye, then dark shade in crease and light shade under the brow and in the inside of my eyes. This helps my eyes look brighter and larger and really makes them stand out. Don't be afraid to play around with the pallette to come up with your own techinques and style. There is no solid rule to application - just do whatever looks best on you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Marci65, you are in luck.

Not only do I love makeup (and do not wear it often enough), but I get so inspired about others wearing it AND I own AND use the JI Daytime Kit. I absolutely adore it.

Okay. the most confusing thing about the kit is the fact that it only has one (very nice) brush. You will need another brush, a flat eyeliner brush (or an angles one) in order to use all of the colors.

I begin with the second to lightest color, "almond," which I apply on my entire lid as a base color. It is very neutral and goes extremely well over the circle delete, if you use that as a base.
then I use the lightest color, "Oyster," as a highlighter, BUT I use it right at the base of my lash line (both upper and lower) in order to give my eyes some "light." It is hard to explain how this works, but it certainly does. Think of applying it both above and below your iris--this way, your eyes will catch the light and they will indeed look bigger and more awake. for you lower lashes, begin right at the midpoint of your eye and lightly feather the shadow across your lashline towards the edges--you just want to blend here, not draw a white line. the intensity on both the top and bottom should be right in the middle of each eye, well blended outwards. It also helps to have already used concealer under the lashes and on each side of the eye in the corners, well blended. Redness on either corner of the eye can detract from the simplicity and polish of these colors.
In your "crease" is where a very light dusting of "capuccino" should go, should you desire a bit of contouring. I mostly skip this. But if you do want some color on your browbone (underneath your brows) then again, almond would lighten that area up without adding the shimmery 80s-like effect that Oyster would give it.

Lastly, if you have a flat edged eyeliner brush, depending on whether you want to line your lashes with brown or black, use either. Just pat each side of the brush with the color you choose, tap off excess, and, while keeping your eyes OPEN, pat or deposit the color against your lash line, beginning just after the midpoint of your eye where it begins to slope down (in other words, begin where your brown begin to arch up and go outwards), continuing to PAT (and not drag) until you reach the edges of your lashes. This is a technique called "tightlining" and is widely discussed on this site and elsewhere, if you want more guidance. Most people use it for cream liners and shadow liners. You can then feather the color out or even add a little more to make a more cat-eyed, dramatic look. Be careful of getting black eyeshadow particles on you orbital bone!
And... if you want a bit of smokiness underneath the eye, try mixing the cappucino with one of the darker colors, and with the brush provided, lightly tap beneath your eyes under your lashes, again from just after the mid point outwards.

FYI, for tightlining with shadow, I absolutely love Vincent Longo's #7 brush.

I am sure there are other ways of using this palette, but that is how I understand its logic, or rather, the logic behind using it in all its glory. Enjoy!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower and avalange -- thank you so much for taking time to post with these details! Very helpful to me and I feel like I have an excellent starting point for playing, based on your suggestions.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
wildflower and avalange -- thank you so much for taking time to post with these details! Very helpful to me and I feel like I have an excellent starting point for playing, based on your suggestions.

You're welcome! Have fun playing. Makeup should be fun! Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |