Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz) pH Advantage High Potency Effective Vitamin C Serum (51 ml / 1.75 floz)
favorite color of eye shadow
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
nancyy92
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 5
Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'be been mixing different shades of eyeshadow lately and I've been trying out different colors. I'm Asian and my skin is yellow-based so I've been trying brown to gold eye shadows lately. I heard that blue and purple also go well with yellow-based skin.
What's your favorite shade of eye shadow for daytime wear?
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Posts: 1065
Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
MAC Patina, Mulch or Shroom
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Bobbi Brown Rose Gold and Guerlain Radiant Color Palette Touche De Beige No.240.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 1977
Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
I like cream/gold, many different shades of browns, soft blues, and olive greens. I'm asian, with a yellow toned skin too.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:29 am      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
I like cream/gold, many different shades of browns, soft blues, and olive greens. I'm asian, with a yellow toned skin too.


I also love cream, gold, browns, but greens (esp. olive greens) make me look like I have an abusive boyfriend! What shade of olive greens suit your skin? Can you recommend me something? I love trying out different colors. Also, what MAC shade are you? I LOVE aqua blue though I just use it as an eyeliner.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 1273
Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:34 am      Reply with quote
MAC Naked Lunch and Patina.
Lined with Dipdown.
Clinique Touch Tint.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 1977
Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:10 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
poohlisey wrote:
I like cream/gold, many different shades of browns, soft blues, and olive greens. I'm asian, with a yellow toned skin too.


I also love cream, gold, browns, but greens (esp. olive greens) make me look like I have an abusive boyfriend! What shade of olive greens suit your skin? Can you recommend me something? I love trying out different colors. Also, what MAC shade are you? I LOVE aqua blue though I just use it as an eyeliner.


Hi! If you like cream, gold and browns, you should try Alima's Valetine's Gift Set! It has cream, and browns. I don't wear MAC.. MAC is too much for me. I can only wear organic stuff or else I'll break out. My skin is really sensitive. Crying or Very sad
http://alimacosmetics.com/roi/661/Holiday-Gift-Sets/

Surprised
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:17 am      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
poohlisey wrote:
I like cream/gold, many different shades of browns, soft blues, and olive greens. I'm asian, with a yellow toned skin too.


I also love cream, gold, browns, but greens (esp. olive greens) make me look like I have an abusive boyfriend! What shade of olive greens suit your skin? Can you recommend me something? I love trying out different colors. Also, what MAC shade are you? I LOVE aqua blue though I just use it as an eyeliner.


Hi! If you like cream, gold and browns, you should try Alima's Valetine's Gift Set! It has cream, and browns. I don't wear MAC.. MAC is too much for me. I can only wear organic stuff or else I'll break out. My skin is really sensitive. Crying or Very sad
http://alimacosmetics.com/roi/661/Holiday-Gift-Sets/

Surprised


I don't seem to have problems with wearing normal makeup except for foundation which tends to irritate my skin. I just checked out the Valentine's Gift Set from Alima. The colors look gorgeous. Thing is I've already purchased from Alima 3 times this month! I love Alima Tigereye eyeshadow. It's beautiful to wear at night on a night out...also really great to create a more subtle smokey eye look with. I tried to look for a nice olive green shade from Alima, but from what I've seen online, none would work on my skin tone.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 734
Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:28 am      Reply with quote
IQ Beauty - Eyeglow #6

Image
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 1977
Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:33 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
poohlisey wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
poohlisey wrote:
I like cream/gold, many different shades of browns, soft blues, and olive greens. I'm asian, with a yellow toned skin too.


I also love cream, gold, browns, but greens (esp. olive greens) make me look like I have an abusive boyfriend! What shade of olive greens suit your skin? Can you recommend me something? I love trying out different colors. Also, what MAC shade are you? I LOVE aqua blue though I just use it as an eyeliner.


Hi! If you like cream, gold and browns, you should try Alima's Valetine's Gift Set! It has cream, and browns. I don't wear MAC.. MAC is too much for me. I can only wear organic stuff or else I'll break out. My skin is really sensitive. Crying or Very sad
http://alimacosmetics.com/roi/661/Holiday-Gift-Sets/

Surprised


I don't seem to have problems with wearing normal makeup except for foundation which tends to irritate my skin. I just checked out the Valentine's Gift Set from Alima. The colors look gorgeous. Thing is I've already purchased from Alima 3 times this month! I love Alima Tigereye eyeshadow. It's beautiful to wear at night on a night out...also really great to create a more subtle smokey eye look with. I tried to look for a nice olive green shade from Alima, but from what I've seen online, none would work on my skin tone.


Aw.. I really like the Aloe soft green. My skin is medium and yellow tone. But as an everyday wear I would pick cream! Surprised
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 734
Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry! I can't pick just one!
Eyeglow #17, #16, #4



Image
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:45 am      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
poohlisey wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
poohlisey wrote:
I like cream/gold, many different shades of browns, soft blues, and olive greens. I'm asian, with a yellow toned skin too.


I also love cream, gold, browns, but greens (esp. olive greens) make me look like I have an abusive boyfriend! What shade of olive greens suit your skin? Can you recommend me something? I love trying out different colors. Also, what MAC shade are you? I LOVE aqua blue though I just use it as an eyeliner.


Hi! If you like cream, gold and browns, you should try Alima's Valetine's Gift Set! It has cream, and browns. I don't wear MAC.. MAC is too much for me. I can only wear organic stuff or else I'll break out. My skin is really sensitive. Crying or Very sad
http://alimacosmetics.com/roi/661/Holiday-Gift-Sets/

Surprised


I don't seem to have problems with wearing normal makeup except for foundation which tends to irritate my skin. I just checked out the Valentine's Gift Set from Alima. The colors look gorgeous. Thing is I've already purchased from Alima 3 times this month! I love Alima Tigereye eyeshadow. It's beautiful to wear at night on a night out...also really great to create a more subtle smokey eye look with. I tried to look for a nice olive green shade from Alima, but from what I've seen online, none would work on my skin tone.


Aw.. I really like the Aloe soft green. My skin is medium and yellow tone. But as an everyday wear I would pick cream! Surprised


I'm light to medium yellow tone. I'm not sure what MAC shade I am at the moment, but I'm wearing Cle de Peau foundation in 00. I bought Alima Vanilla to use as a base color, but it was pretty much useless for me. No color showed up at all. I prefer using 2-3 eyeshadows rather than just one single color.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:47 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
I'm sorry! I can't pick just one!
Eyeglow #17, #16, #4



Image


Do you know where I can buy IQ online?

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 1977
Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:00 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
I'm sorry! I can't pick just one!
Eyeglow #17, #16, #4



Image


The green looks nice! Surprised
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Posts: 1018
Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
nancyy92 wrote:
I'be been mixing different shades of eyeshadow lately and I've been trying out different colors. I'm Asian and my skin is yellow-based so I've been trying brown to gold eye shadows lately. I heard that blue and purple also go well with yellow-based skin.
What's your favorite shade of eye shadow for daytime wear?


This Sunday I was in the beauty shop and the SA told me Asian should avoid gold color because it will make my skin more yellowish. she recommend purple-based from Guerlain which i like a lot.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 1591
Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:

I also love cream, gold, browns, but greens (esp. olive greens) make me look like I have an abusive boyfriend! What shade of olive greens suit your skin? Can you recommend me something? I love trying out different colors. Also, what MAC shade are you? I LOVE aqua blue though I just use it as an eyeliner.


lynn: I'm MAC NC20, Alima in O1 + W1 and I LOVE Stila's Irma la Douce for my crease - it is SOOOO beautiful, perfect olive for me. It has some gold shimmer to it which is subtle and makes it not too warm and not too cool. I prefer this to any of MAC's olive shadows or pigments.

As for e/s my favs are neutrals, pinks, and taupe/plum colours. I find myself using Stila's Capri Color Trio a lot lately. But for everyday I like neutral colors and and taupe-y browns for the crease, love MAC naked lunch and satin taupe in crease. Basically satin taupe/coco/subtle are my HG crease colours, I can't use anything too chocolate or bronze/copper or it looks like I rubbed poo on my eyes. I don't particularly like golds either. Pinks are always a staple for me too, I use them as a wash AND in the crease for casual daily looks, most pinks work well on me. I'm starting to experiment more with eyeshadows nowadays and blues and teals although I prefer blues as I've been told they look nice on me.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 734
Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Lynn,

Here's a short review -

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=20402

Here's the site -

http://www.iqbeauty.com/in_blend.html
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 1105
Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I love blue, but it seems I fit more pinky or chocolate color...
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:

I also love cream, gold, browns, but greens (esp. olive greens) make me look like I have an abusive boyfriend! What shade of olive greens suit your skin? Can you recommend me something? I love trying out different colors. Also, what MAC shade are you? I LOVE aqua blue though I just use it as an eyeliner.


lynn: I'm MAC NC20, Alima in O1 + W1 and I LOVE Stila's Irma la Douce for my crease - it is SOOOO beautiful, perfect olive for me. It has some gold shimmer to it which is subtle and makes it not too warm and not too cool. I prefer this to any of MAC's olive shadows or pigments.

As for e/s my favs are neutrals, pinks, and taupe/plum colours. I find myself using Stila's Capri Color Trio a lot lately. But for everyday I like neutral colors and and taupe-y browns for the crease, love MAC naked lunch and satin taupe in crease. Basically satin taupe/coco/subtle are my HG crease colours, I can't use anything too chocolate or bronze/copper or it looks like I rubbed poo on my eyes. I don't particularly like golds either. Pinks are always a staple for me too, I use them as a wash AND in the crease for casual daily looks, most pinks work well on me. I'm starting to experiment more with eyeshadows nowadays and blues and teals although I prefer blues as I've been told they look nice on me.


sormuimui,

I'm about Alima W-2 though it doesn't blend in with my skin perfectly (a tad bit too yellow) and I've given up Alima foundation as it really irritated my skin. I've never tried any eyeshadows from Stila. Not sure why really, but the brand never really appeals to me. As for pinks, I'm not really a pink pink type. I do like some shades with a hint of pink in it. I guess I just don't feel comfortable wearing pink makeup Smile It's just so hard for me to find the right shade of eyeshadows that I also like!

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Posts: 1346
Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I use Bobbi Brown neutrals or Christian Dior Blue/Green.

_________________
40, fair skinned, dark hair, blue eyes
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 375
Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I am a light olive-toned Asian, and I mix MAC NC30 with NC35. Plums and browns are my favourite eyeshadow colors.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Jun 2006
Posts: 1061
Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love wearing shades of greens, greys and plums as I have green/grey eyes and find these colours really make my eyes stand out. I also like very soft neutral shades of peaches and browns too.

_________________
Global Butterfly & Certified Aromatherapist/Holisitc Therapist with a passion for travel and natural health. Smile
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 1591
Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
lynn: You know what, Stila never appealed to me too until very recently. Now I'm addicted - their eyeshadows are SO soft and they apply better than MAC's in my opinion. I think with e/s it really is personal preference - my aunt has basically ALMOST the same skin tone as me and she told me she doens't wear browns at all because they make her eyes look really puffy and bloated. That doesn't happen to me at all. But I think with your skintone you should look wonderful with a lot of colours!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Apr 2006
Posts: 1313
Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
MAC Shroom
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
lynn: You know what, Stila never appealed to me too until very recently. Now I'm addicted - their eyeshadows are SO soft and they apply better than MAC's in my opinion. I think with e/s it really is personal preference - my aunt has basically ALMOST the same skin tone as me and she told me she doens't wear browns at all because they make her eyes look really puffy and bloated. That doesn't happen to me at all. But I think with your skintone you should look wonderful with a lot of colours!


Thank you Smile I agree that eyeshadow is personal preference. I'm a big Bobbi Brown fan whereas all my friends and colleagues love MAC. I'll look into Stila when there's some limited edition items coming out. I'm a sucker for limited edition products Smile By the way, have you tried Christian Dior 5-Color Eyeshadow in Incognito? I've heard so many raves about it!

P.S. I look awwwwwwwwwwful in greens esp. Khaki. I bought Khaki Craze from Jane Iredale and the colors turn out really crappy on my skin Sad

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
System
Automatic Message
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz) Obagi Retinol 1.0 Cream (28 g) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glotion for Body (150 ml / 5 floz)