Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How much makeup do you wear?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nancyy92

Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
A lot of my friends say that I wear too much makeup but I don't necessarily think so. I wear the regular foundation, concealer, powder, eye shadow, lip gloss ect.
What's your makeup routine every day?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I only wear eyeliner, mascara, sometimes eyeshadow, and lip balm.. Not that much. Surprised
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I don't wear makeup everyday, too lazy. When I do wear it I wear mascara, eye liner, eye shadow, concealer, blush. Sometime foundation just depends on how my skin is looking.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I don't wear any makeup normally. I do have permanent eyeliners, and that's it. If there's a special occasion, then I'll make some effort to put on some eyeshadow, mascara, lipstick, and a blush.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Same here. I normally don't wear any makeup at all. But when I do (which is mostly for work), I wear foundation (though I've been told over and over that it doesn't make my skin look any different), concealor, eyeshadows, eyeliner, mascara, blush and lip gloss. I sometimes add bronzing powder and highlighter to add more tan and glow. On those lazy days that I wanna look a little made up, I wear tinted foundation, mascara, blush and lip gloss.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
nancyy92 wrote:
A lot of my friends say that I wear too much makeup but I don't necessarily think so. I wear the regular foundation, concealer, powder, eye shadow, lip gloss ect.

do your friends think you wear too much because it takes you too long to get ready/ is expensive, or because they think you look too made up? Years ago several people told me I was wearing too much makeup, and so I pulled aside someone I could trust and asked them to honestly tell me what they meant. Turns out I was wearing an unfortunate shade of foundation, and had never really noticed, probably because indoor mirrors don't give you an accurate reflection. I've also since used that line to try and nicely inform someone that painted on eyebrows look silly, or that silver eyeliner looks tacky during the day. I would do a little investigation, because they may be telling you something else. Usually if girlfriends come to a consensus about something, they may be correct.

All that aside, I wear a tinted moisturizer and mascara on a daily basis....I find them to be fool proof in bright daylight.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
nancyy92 wrote:

do your friends think you wear too much because it takes you too long to get ready/ is expensive, or because they think you look too made up? Years ago several people told me I was wearing too much makeup, and so I pulled aside someone I could trust and asked them to honestly tell me what they meant. Turns out I was wearing an unfortunate shade of foundation, and had never really noticed, probably because indoor mirrors don't give you an accurate reflection. I've also since used that line to try and nicely inform someone that painted on eyebrows look silly, or that silver eyeliner looks tacky during the day. I would do a little investigation, because they may be telling you something else. Usually if girlfriends come to a consensus about something, they may be correct.

All that aside, I wear a tinted moisturizer and mascara on a daily basis....I find them to be fool proof in bright daylight.

Very true. I've also found that if you have dry skin (which I do) and your foundation is too matte, you can end up with a matte (or even cakey) look resulting in your makeup unnatural. If you choose the right foundation for your skin type and skin tone, you'll end up with a nice dewy look making your makeup more natural. Also, your choice of color is very important as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
On days I go to work, I use YSL Touche Eclat & Anastasia's Camille pencil under my Pure Luxe foundation (although I am patiently waiting for my Alima package so I can try all their lovelies!!!) eyeshadow, eyeliner, brow pencil, mascara, lipstick, blush, bronzer and face powder.
On days I don't go to work, I try not to wear anything other than ADCE and Vit C.
Charmaine
5% products discount

Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I wear mascara almost everyday. For work, I wear mascara, eyeliner, face powder, and blush.
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
I normally don't wear any makeup at all.
or Maybe only lip balm. But when I do, I wear foundation, concealor, eyeshadows, eyeliner, brow pencil, mascara, lipbalm, blush and face powder.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Oops! I forgot to mention my brow powder and brow mascara Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I don't wear makeup on most days. Too lazy to even put on mascara and eyebrows. I only wear makeup when I get dressed up to go out. Lip balm doesn't count as makeup right Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
Very true. I've also found that if you have dry skin (which I do) and your foundation is too matte, you can end up with a matte (or even cakey) look resulting in your makeup unnatural. If you choose the right foundation for your skin type and skin tone, you'll end up with a nice dewy look making your makeup more natural. Also, your choice of color is very important as well.

This is EXACTLY why I DONT wear FOUNDATION.. or any of MMU..EEK! Mad
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
I love mascara... Very Happy
kez
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:04 am      Reply with quote
I wear tinted moisturiser , blush, mascara and lip gloss most days.
sahm
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Ita - foundation shade and type is pretty much the deciding factor. I switched from MAC Studiofix to Stila's tinited moisturiser and it made a world of difference. I still use concealer for eyes, loose poswer, eveybrow pencil, light liner, mascara and blusher with lipbalm.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:34 am      Reply with quote
I wear a small amount of foundation under my eyes and around my nose to even out the colouring.
Clarins translucent powder.
MAC Springsheen blush or Armani # 4 Sheer Blush
Clinique Touch Tint as an eye shadow base and MAC naked lunch shadow all over.
Bourjois Aqua Volume mascara
lipgloss.

It sounds a lot but does look very natural.
Cool
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:29 am      Reply with quote
I curl my eyelashes and add some Talika gel, apply some Dr. Hauschka bronzing concentrate, finally some lip balm or Lipfusion.
jeab
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:06 am      Reply with quote
For me , Only MAC studio fix and Mac lipstick .That's all . Smile
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:02 am      Reply with quote
I'm more interested in taking good care of my skin so I can wear IT as makeup Smile

I cannot go out of the house without blush and a little concealer around the outer corners of my eyes, which get red Sad

If I'm going to wear anything, it is:
cream blush, a little brown mascara, a touch of dark brown eyeshadow at the outer corners of my eyes for a slight cat eye look, and underneath my eyes, I use Julie Hewitt's "omit," a light flesh tone pencil on the lower rim of my eye that gets the red out and makes my eyes stand out more. Finally, lip balm or balm mixed with my favorite lipstick.

I love doing dramatic eye makeup or wearing a rich, velvety shade of lipstick on my lips, but I have to feel inspired... The most I ever wear on my skin is a sheer TM and a light dusting of transluscent powder on my t-zone.

I am currently into navy eyes and brick red lips, but not at all together Smile.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:49 am      Reply with quote
I wear mmu foundation to even out my complexion and some bronzer to give some colour.

And lipstick or some balm on my lips, and a recent addition is Ardells for lashes.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:01 am      Reply with quote
I wear foundation and lip product (lipstick or lipgloss) every day. I have a lot of eyeshadows, eyeliners, and blushes, but I rarely wear them. I like to play with makeup, but I just never seem to have time.

Tina
shengyue
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I don't wear any makeup normally.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I don't think I wear too much. Typically it's eyeliner, mascara, MMU, finishing powder, blush and lipstick.

Maybe it has to do with how heavily you apply your products (looking like you may be wearing too much m/u), or the time it takes for you to apply your products (giving those waiting for you to finish the impression that you take longer than expected, therefore, wear "too much" m/u).

If you are comfortable with how you look and how long your m/u routine takes, that's all that matters, IMO.
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I usually don't wear any makeup. However, if I'm going out at night I might put on some eyeliner, mascara and maybe a little lip gloss.
Since I've been paying more attention to my skin (and maybe getting older has something to do with this too), I hardly ever have to wear any concealer on a blemish since I really don't seem to break out much these days.

I hope I didn't just jinx myself by writing that down. Laughing

Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |