Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How much makeup do you wear?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Daily basis none, when I go out, a little blush and mascara.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I wear too much make-up. It doesn't look bad and it really doesn't look like I'm wearing too much but it feels like it's too much. If I had it my way I would just wear spf (and pajama bottoms to work) but when I do that I get tired of people asking if "I'm feeling okay?". The last time someone asked me that, I replied "do i look THAT bad?" and they said not at all it was just the fact I wasn't wearing make up, made them think something was wrong. Brick wall

I use liquid foundation, powder, barely there shade of shadow, ebony liner, mascara, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Protectant Tint SPF 15 in Plum, and Benefit Dandelion blush which is really sheer but does have shimmer in it which I don't care for.

I'm trying to find a new foundation that is easy, fast, feels light, covers great and looks natural...heh. I just want to brush it on in the a.m. and not worry about it.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I don't wear makeup every day but when I do, I usually just stick to the basics and keep it pretty natural. I'll wear foundation , some concealer, and loose powder to set. I will usually also apply some bronzer on my cheeks as blush and mascara so my eye lashes can be seen (they are long but fine). Lately I've started using eyeshadows daily at work when before that I just stuck to mascara. On my lips it's usually lip balm or some lipgloss.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I luuuuuuv make up. I use every product that I can get my hands on all in an effort to look completly natural Exclamation Laughing
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:23 am      Reply with quote
This thread is worrying me...my routine is:
* Laura Mercier primer
* foundation (Laura Mercier & Revlon 50/50 split)
* Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage
* Shiseido powdery foundation
* Laura Mercier Mosaic shimmer block
* Lau..dammit!..LM blusher
* LM eye base or (horror) Maybelline eyeshadow
* Clinique brow pencil
* Max Factor mascara
* LM or Revlon lipstick

And here I was thinking I looked reasonably natural. I don't have any scarring to cover - I have no excuse whatsoever, other than being permanently affected by reading in a beauty column when I was 14 that decent quality makeup is actually good for your skin because it blocks environmental damage.

As for other posters' stories about not wearing makeup and people asking if they're sick, my story is the opposite...

One day I was at work, absolutely miserable with a bad cold. I had applied exactly the same amount of makeup as usual in an attempt to look normal, but my nose was running, I had swollen, watering eyes and a grumpy look on my face. My boss was puzzled; 'What's wrong?...hey, you forgot to wear makeup today, didn't you?'

So apparently, that's what he imagines I look like without makeup on. No wonder he buys me makeup every Christmas and birthday. Keeping the wolves at bay.

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I dont think i wear all that much but ide love to skip the foundation and concealer when my skin improves.

i use:
- active moist with dr H translucent bronze concentrate
- mineral makeup
- concealer for under eyes and any blemishes
- loose powder to finish
- blusher
- mascara and eyeliner in brown
- lipgloss
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Here's my update. I have very recently discovered Lily Lolo mineral makeup and fallen in love with it big time, I'm wearing makeup more often than I used to Smile

- Lily Lolo foundation in Fortune Cookie
- Everyday Minerals concealor in Sunlight
- blush
- mascara
- tinted lip balm/lip gloss

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Daily none. When I go out: foundation, mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick and lipgloss.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
i wear makeup everyday too..
foundation, eyeliner, brush, lipstick..
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
i used Shu Uemura's UV underbase mousse, i love it. with blush (without it, i look pale with no color), eyeliner mascara, eyeshadow (i could probably go without these three, but i love to make my eyes awaken with eyeliner and mascara), i try to leave out the shadow from time to time.

i feel like a little makeup is necessary for work (personal respect) unless you have flawless skins of course Smile Smile Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
due to my terrible "bad-skin period" since late last year, i tends to go light for my makeup. after my routine skincare, i just dust a light layer of KP loose powder, some days i even go without blush. concealer for my dark eye circle.

however, i tends to play with colors on my eyes. and i especially love smoky eyes. mascara is a must for me as i have short lashes. final touch would be a nude or pink lipgloss.
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I wear basic makeup every day.
Chantecaille foundation, then followed by Cle de peau loose powder , brow powder and lipstick.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I don't wear any makeup normally. If there's a special occasion, then I'll make some effort to put on some eyeshadow, mascara, lipstick, and a blush.
Shez
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
on normal days it will be coverstick, loose powder, blusher, lip gloss and sometimes eyeshadow.
librarygirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Interesting that I have a good friend that tells me she doesn't wear that much makeup and is pretty low maintenance. However, everytime she comes over my house, the first thing she does is check herself in the mirrors. She wears powder, eyeliner, eyeshadow, blush, lipstick, mascara.

I'll have to admit I DON'T go au naturel. My brother told me when I was 16 that I have to wear makeup or else I'll scare the kids away. I think it's b/c I have scanty brows. The most work for me in the morning is drawing my brows.

Here's what I wear every day before I walk out the door (otherwise, I go au naturel at home since hubby can't run anywhere):
-Loose powder
-Origins Eye brow pencil
-MAC lipliner
-Clinique Lipstick/gloss

No blush, mascara, shadow, foundation for me. It will look TOO much since I have bold lip color.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
normally just a powder and a little bit of a lipstick, thats it.
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I wear make-up everyday--a lot of it. I don't think it matters how much you wear--rather how you apply it and whether the shades you use compliment your coloring. People normally assume I use very little make-up (I opt for the natural look), but in reality I am using a full range of products. I am VERY fair and look washed out and sickly without the subtle "lift" of make-up. Check your colors and application to make sure they compliment your features and coloring. As long as your make-up enhances your beauty and doesn't distract from it, don't worry about "how much" you are using. BTW, when I was younger I made the mistake of making my make-up the focus my face and not my face itself. As I grew older and more confident, I no longer needed to hide behind the make-up and it became an enhancer instead of a mask.
mystixx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I don't wear makeup everyday, but on days I do wear, I do think I wear alot... but I've got too much in my stash so my only reason is that I need to clear it, so I use it...
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
If I have to leave the house I wear a sheer foundation, cover up, lip gloss, mascara, sometimes eyeliner and eyeshadow. It only takes me less than 5 mins to apply.
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I have a baby so I don't have much time to get ready in the morning but I feel like I look so much better when I wear foundation. I never like to go out without at least my eyebrows done and mascara.

To work or when I have time I wear:
MAC foundation
Cream blush
chanel eyebrow pencil
eyeliner
eyeshadow
mascara
lipstick + liner
siriusalien
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Every day: conceler,mascara, lip gloss, maybe powder.
Going "out": full foundation,conceler,lip liner and stick, eyebrown filled in,blush, and full eyes.

Allways kinda muted and smokey

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
i'm a college student and don't wear that much make-up... usually i just curl my eyelashes, dab some concealer on my acne marks or pimples, and put some bronzer on.
But when i go out to for a night w/ my friends out dancing... i usually go all out. Concealer, foundation, bronzer, eyeshadows, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick, lipgloss
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I'm an "eyes and lips" woman!! When I was younger I wore only mascara and lip gloss but as I've aged I've had to add more emphasis to my face. Now I do my brows, line my eyes, and wear mascara. I also wear color on my lips are my own are sorely lacking!!!

I don't care for foundation or blush though ... although I'm going to start using Dr. D's tinted moisturizer again. That always gave me a great glow.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
I wear a lot...my friend thinks I wear too much too. She wears mascara and lipstick...I wish I could do that....I have terrible acne and scars so there is NO WAY I leave my house without the following

Foundation
Concealer
Blush
Powder
Eyebrow powder (scar)
Mascara
Lipgloss or lipstick

Sounds sad...I know...but I cover so many blemishes and scars.

I'm the same! I only dab on foundation (estee lauder double wear liquid) on the areas where I have break outs and scars- a little goes a long way with this foundation.

I tried the MMU- but it makes me look like I am wearing MORE makeup than I would if I was wearing liquid foundation. Today I tried just wearing the double wear powder- it looks like I put twice the amount of make up on (cus the powder alone with out foundation emphasizes my pores and blemishes).

Everyday I use the following:
1) MAC studio fix concealer on the eye area
2) Estee lauder double wear foundation- just tiny dabs more on break out and acne areas
3) Cover FX foundation/concealer on dark scars
4) Estee lauder double wear powder (very light dust to set everything)
5) Mac blush
6) very neutral eyeshadow (one shade only just sweep across the lid)
7) Mac fluid line eyeliner
Cool DiorShow Mascara
9) eyebrow pencil.
10) very light lipstick or lip gloss (if I remember).

I hate this routine, but like Olivia I have to do this to cover up my blemishes and acne scars or else my skin looks awful!

I can't wait for the day when I can walk out the door with out any foundation on! I hate that step the most!

But I will never leave the house with out eyeliner or mascara no matter how good my skin looks!

PS- this may sound like a lot of makeup- but most people think that I only wear eyemakeup- they can't tell that I wear foundation everyday!
NZgirl

Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I only wear the regular liquid foundation, eye shadow, lip gloss ect on working days. I have no makeup when I don't go to work. give my face a break.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |