Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
How much makeup do you wear?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I don't know how to make-up.
Now, I wear just only powder and lip gloss. Embarassed
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have sunscreen, pressed powder, eyeshadow, mascara.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
I use sunscreen, concealer, LM MMU , eyebrow pencil, blush, lipgloss, eyeshadow primer, eyeliner and a neutral eyeshadow on most days.

On special occasions, I throw in false lashes and a highlighter. I don't feel put-together without makeup. I don't think it's an insecurity issue, just that I would like to look my best and be presentable. To me makeup is more for enhancing than hiding. My $0.02.
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
The foundation and lipstick are must,I also wear the blush and mascara.I found the make-up can give me confidence.How about you? Very Happy
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:29 am      Reply with quote
I start with all my "lotions & potions", then move onto:
MMU foundation
Blush
Eyeliner (mascara if I want to look extra good)
eyebrow pencil
sometimes eyeshadow (like masacara)
lipstick
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:34 am      Reply with quote
I agree. some make-up can make you look more confident. Without it, I would think looking like just waking up from bed. However, maybe I am wrong. Perhaps some of women do not need it at all with excellent skin tone.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:57 am      Reply with quote
I work from home so don't wear makeup most days. When I worked in an office my daytime makeup was mascara, blush and lipstick, with a light dusting of powder if the weather was hot (tones down the shinyness of my skin). Then again there are days when I wake up and think I look so damm hot that I decide to play up my eyes with heaps of eyeshadow and pencil or liner, which is what I add when going out in the evening.

I normally don't bother with foundation, unless it's for a special occasion.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Ha, you are right. Living in tropical area like here, some women would think it's a pain to put layer and layer stuff on the face. They would prefer having nothing on and be able to wash their face whenever they feel like to feel cooler.
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:46 am      Reply with quote
I wear a lot as well; I like myself better with than without makeup, sad huh? Confused I feel more confident, somehow.
Hopefully I will soon get my skin in better shape, so I won't feel terrible showing my face in public without makeup...

-MMU
-Eyebrow pencil
-Eye shadow
-Mascara
-Blush
-Lipstick/lipgloss
-Lipliner

It's fun, but it takes forever to leave the house... Laughing

When staying home, I usually just wear some lipgloss, though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I normally wear foundation,powder,brow powder,lip gloss and sometimes eyeshadow.
histeric
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I have sensitive combo skins. Tinted Moisturizer from Laura Mercier and lip gloss are the only two makeup I wear everyday. Sometimes with a touch of blush.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm all about the eyes...

After skin care and sunscreen

I do natural tones of eye shadow, plum or green eyeliner, maskara, and a natural wine/brick lip tint. No foundation, no powder.

Same at night, just darker eye shadow, and white eyeliner inside the eye. Darker wine lip tint.
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I agree that makeup can give you confidence. At work, I always feel better on a good makeup day.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:46 am      Reply with quote
sunscreen, serum, moiturizer, eye cream...
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
sunscreen, serum, moiturizer, eye cream...

are those makeup?
Snake
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 5:59 am      Reply with quote
i ve got lotsa make-up... i normally wear eyebrow powder and mascara Very Happy
Sakana
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I only wear eyeliner and mascara. Too lazy to wear more and my skin is oily which makes it really gross to wear a lot. If I am going out for dinner or someone is taking a photo, I slap on some lip gloss.

I prefer doing stuff to make my skin look good rather than hide it under make-up, like foundation and powder.
jjirak
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I only wear mascara and eyeliner.
anom
5% products discount

Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Most of you will probably find that you don't need to wear make up. I find that when I have wore foundation in the past my skin has broken out in pimples. Now I just keep my skin as clean as possible without having to put any of that muck on my face.

A really good foundation would be the Ultraceuticals mineral face powder. It looks really natural and doesn't give the 'caked on' look.

I am interested in hearing from those of you that do wear makeup, do you have skin problems? Do you think this is because of the make up you are wearing? I am just curious...
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
It depends on the occasions.

Usually I only emphasize on the eyes -- eye concealer + dark eye liner + dark eye shadow, and a light touch of blush.

If it were for some special occasions, I'll wear foundation and face powder as well... just to cover-up my dull skin Bad Grin
madelie
5% products discount

Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:17 am      Reply with quote
Usually, I put on concealer and lip gloss or tinted lip balm. I carry a tintless/clear lip balm as well that I either put over the tinted lip balm or under. Razz

On special occasions, I'll add mascara &/or eyeliner + blush.

There are the few days when I go totally bare face. Bad Grin
Deneve
5% products discount

Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:43 am      Reply with quote
I just wear makeup when I go out. Just one small pump of foundation and lip gloss if I have time. I wish I could be a pro at applying eyeliner, but I always get raccoon marks. Embarassed
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:00 am      Reply with quote
if i've no meetings that day, i will wear only eye concealer, natural color eye shadow and lip gloss to work.

if i've meetings, i will wear eyeliner and mascara as well.

i dun wear foundation at all except important functions/ parties.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Typically I wear only mascara and a pale-ish lipstick. I've been feeling ambitious lately and I've added foundation and eyeliner to the mix.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Me too i dont really know how to put on makeup and....also i like to keep my face as bare as possible as i dont like putting too much on my face.

Other than putting sunscrean and dusting over baby powder afterwards to take away the shine i dont put anything.

When im in the mood i sometimes use tinted sun protection but i dont like it too much as i think it doesnt match too well with my skin color.

Recently howver when i have time and in the mood i will put on mascara.

Other than this i dont put anything in terms of makeup lol But i would like to however m no expert Sad
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |