Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Why EXERCISE FRIGHTENS me!!??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Why Exercise Frightens me!!

What do these women think is going to happen

To all this extra body when

They stop weight training??

Remind me to NEVER exercise again![/b][/size]
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
I can't see any of the pictures.. Crying or Very sad
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:30 am      Reply with quote
Nor me - just red crosses.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Me neither. I bet they're good one's, too!
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad I cant see them either...please try again bkkgirl.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Dang! I can't see them either...please try to post again!

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I can't see the photos either but based on what she has written I suspect that these are bodybuilding women, and I think I know where she is trying to go with this.

Let me set the record straight before things get out of hand. Muscle can NEVER turn to fat! That is an absolute myth. If these are bodybuilding women, and they stop weight training, the muscle size will simply decrease. Most likely these women will remain tight, but just not as muscular. They will still look defined, but certainly the bodyfat will NOT go up unless they slack on the diet, and then that would be the cause for any additional fat being added.

Weight training for women is a GOOD thing and I highly recommend it. Don't be afraid to add some muscle mass to your body. Muscle burns fat as an energy source, and the more muscle you have the more fat it burns 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree with John C. Hill on this one. If they stop working out, they'll lose definition and the muscle tissue will gradually shrink. The muscle to fat thing is a myth.

I'm NOT a body builder, but I do work out with weights on a regular basis and have for a very long time. Personally, I don't like the bodybuilder look and I work for long lean muscle mass, but I hate it when I hear women who are afraid to up the weights that they use for fear of bulking up. Women bodybuilders work their asses off - it's literally a lifestyle for those who are serious. You aren't likely to get there using 10 or 12 lbs dumbells to work your biceps and triceps!!!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Oh gosh, my boo-boo! I deleted those pics from Photobucket after I posted here forgetting that the pics were linked to Photobucket. grrrrrrrrrr

Yeah, you all guessed it, but you probably wouldn't be able to guess or even comprehend the last pic. I'll have to redo it.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
no image...
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you John and Katee! There is a difference between getting some daily exercise and intense bodybuilding. The benefits of a little weight lifting is astronomical. Women lose a lot of bone density and muscle mass as they age. Lifting a little bit of weights helps with this. Also, jumping on a mini-trampoline is good too as it stimulates the Lymph glands and helps with bone density.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
You aren't likely to get there using 10 or 12 lbs dumbells to work your biceps and triceps!!!

i have to agree with katee and john on this. but i disagree on the weights mentioned above. you can more than double this (if not triple) and still have long lean muscles. i did this when i was rock climbing and barely hit 93 on the scale. when i had to stop due to job constraints, i sadly lost all the beautiful definition but i never got flabby.

to build up to what i'm sure those pictures showed is something i highly doubt anyone on this forum (except you, john, heh heh, saw your pics, you sexy beast) will ever get to. this is absolutely NO (expletive) reason NOT to exercise, bkkgirl!!!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with you on the amount of weight la vie en rose. I train with weights that are alot heavier, but I also work out consistently. I think the recommended weight per dumbell for someone who isn't particularly fit is something like 3-5 lbs per.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Somewhere in my forties I decided maybe it was time to try this whole exercise thing..I've always been thin so...anyway, I wanted definition. I bought the Tony Little tapes (anyone remember him?) and maybe 5 lb weights tops. After a month, I had muscles in my back (nice!) my shoulders squared (loved it!) and I had the calf thing going. I also had some biceps...BUT...my arms were bigger!! Hated that! I wanted thin, toned arms. That was with 5lb weights. Tried quick reps with lighter weights-nothing....gave up on the whole thing.

Fast forward 10 years, still thin...something's happening around my abs..this is not me. Now trying pilates. I'll never go back to weights...aside from the fact that Tony was getting a wee bit annoying Rolling Eyes
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
OMG Tony Little !!!!! rofl

That guy might be enough to turn even me into a couch potato !!!!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
OMG Tony Little !!!!! rofl

That guy might be enough to turn even me into a couch potato !!!!

I do recall throwing a few orange peels at the T.V. screen..my then 5-year-old actually told Tony to shut up. Embarassed
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I still can't see the pictures.. Crying or Very sad
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Speaking of muscle turning into fat, did anyone see WWE's Chyna on Larry King live the other day? She was talking about the movie she did with Anna Nicole Smith. Hubby had to point her out to me, I didn't even recognize her!!! Shock She looks quite different now that she's not all pumped up!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I posted the pictures back on Photobucket.com, and thought I would have to repost them here, too, but wow, they all came right back. Awesome!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
HOLY COW!!! Looks like they used some STEROIDS to get that big!! Very disturbing... Mad
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
No need to be afraid of exercise. They're all full of steroids. rofl
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
No need to be afraid of exercise. They're all full of steroids. rofl

That's what i'm thinking too... Mad
rofl
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Come on, now, ladies! They're not on steroids. The photos are all phony. Look closely.

Shaking my head...
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Come on, now, ladies! They're not on steroids. The photos are all phony. Look closely.

Shaking my head...

Brick wall I don't want to look too close.. Crying or Very sad
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
When I first got the email from my friend, I actually thought the first girl was Anna Nicole Smith.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |