Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

All WOMEN need to read: "Don't forget your SISTERS!&quo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Sisters

A young wife sat on a sofa on a hot humid day,
drinking iced tea and visiting with her Mother. As they talked about life, about marriage, about the responsibilities of life and the obligations of adulthood, the mother clinked the ice cubes in her glass thoughtfully and turned a clear, sober glance upon her daughter.

"Don't forget your Sisters," she advised, swirling the tea leaves to the bottom of her glass. "They'll be more important as you get older. No matter how much you love your husband, no matter how much you love the children you may have, you are still going to need Sisters. Remember to go places with them now and then; do things with them."

"Remember that 'Sisters' means ALL the women...
your girlfriends, your daughters, and all your other women relatives too. "You'll need other women. Women always do."

What a funny piece of advice!' the young woman
thought. Haven't I just gotten married?
Haven't I just joined the couple-world? I'm now a married woman, for goodness sake! A grownup! Surely my husband and the family we may start will be all I need to make my life worthwhile!' But she listened to her Mother. She kept contact
with her Sisters and made more women friends each year. As the years tumbled by, one after another, she gradually came to understand that her Mom really knew what she was talking about. As time and nature work their changes and their mysteries upon a woman, Sisters are the mainstays of her life.

After more than 50 years of living in this world, here is what I've learned:

THIS SAYS IT ALL:
Time passes.
Life happens.
Distance separates.
Children grow up.
Jobs come and go.
Love waxes and wanes.
Men don't do what they're supposed to do.
Hearts break.
Parents die.
Colleagues forget favors.
Careers end.

BUT.........
Sisters are there, no matter how much time and
How many miles are between you.
A girl friend is never farther away than needing her can reach.
When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on, praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the valley's end. Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you...Or come in and carry you out. Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters, daughters-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, Mothers, Grandmothers, aunties, nieces, cousins, and extended family, all bless our life!

The world wouldn't be the same without women, and neither would I. When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we would need each other. Every day, we need each other still.

Don't forget to tell all the Sisters in your life how much they mean to you.

Happy Valentine's Day!

I just want to thank all my EDS Sisters for all the help and support everyone has given me.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
How true for you we all need our girlfriends and sometimes it hard with busy lives but we have to make time as its so worth it. Happy Valentines Day to you too
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I am printing this out and giving it to my sister, my best friend, and my daughter. Thank you! Smile
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting this bkkgirl! Hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi bkkgirl,

What a nice sentiment. Thank you for posting this.

Happy Valentine's Day to you, too -- and to everyone on EDS!

montrealgal!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
*gulp*

Lovely post, bkkgirl.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Smile
thanks...
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
*gulp*

Lovely post, bkkgirl.

Exactly how I felt.

EDS has brought so many women together, that I find myself very thankful for having had joined the community. Sometimes, it's just nice to have another woman's opinion, So EDS members, thank you for that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
So sweet - thank you!
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
So true.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Gotta show this to my sister. Thanks! Razz
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
You're all welcome! My sister sent this to me. I was really touched. I wanted to post this on EDS because I felt that every girl on EDS is so selfless and giving....even guys on EDS, too! :-P Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this warm and loving community.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |