Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Clear Skin Relief Power Duo (40 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
Foods good as Medicine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
HERE'S A LIST TO KEEP ON YOUR REFRIG' FOR READY REFERENCE!

HEADACHE? EAT FISH! Eat plenty of fish -- fish oil helps prevent headaches. So does ginger, which reduces inflammation and pain. (Stay away from a lot of bottom feeding fish that are high in mercurycontent)

HAY FEVER? EAT YOGURT! Eat lots of yogurt before pollen season. Also-eat honey from your area (local region) daily.

TO PREVENT STROKE.. DRINK TEA! Prevent buildup of fatty deposits on artery walls with regular doses of tea. (Actually, tea suppresses my appetite and keeps the pounds from invading.... Green tea is great for our immune system!)

INSOMNIA... CAN'T SLEEP? HONEY! Use honey as a tranquilizer and sedative.

ASTHMA? EAT ONIONS! Eating onions helps ease constriction of bronchial tubes. (When I was young, my mother would make onion packs to place on our chest, helped the respiratory ailments and actually made us breathe better).

ARTHRITIS? EAT FISH, TOO!! Salmon, tuna, mackerel and sardines actually prevent arthritis. (Fish has omega oils, good for our immune system.)

UPSET STOMACH? BANANAS--GINGER!!!!! Bananas will settle an upset stomach. Ginger will cure morning sickness and nausea.

BLADDER INFECTION? DRINK CRANBERRY JUICE!!!! High-acid cranberry juice controls harmful bacteria. (everyone shouldknow this by now)

BONE PROBLEMS? EAT PINEAPPLE!!! Bone fractures and osteoporosis can be prevented by the manganese in pineapple.

MEMORY PROBLEMS? EAT OYSTERS! Oysters help improve your mental functioning by supplying much-needed zinc.

COLDS? EAT GARLIC! Clear up that stuffy head with garlic. (remember, garlic lowers cholesterol, too.)

COUGHING? USE RED PEPPERS!! A substance similar to that found in the cough syrups is found in hot red peppers. Use red (cayenne) pepper with caution---it can irritate your tummy.

BREAST CANCER? EAT Wheat, bran, and cabbage Helps to maintain estrogen at healthy levels.

LUNG CANCER? EAT DARK GREEN AND ORANGE VEGGIES!!! A good antidote is beta carotene, a form of Vitamin A found in darkgreen and orange vegetables.

ULCERS? EAT CABBAGE ALSO!!! Cabbage contains chemicals that help heal both gastric and duodenal ulcers.

DIARRHEA? EAT APPLES! Grate an apple with its skin, let it turn brown and eat it to cure this condition. (Bananas are good for this ailment too.)

CLOGGED ARTERIES? EAT AVOCADO! Mono unsaturated fat in avocados lowers cholesterol.

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE? EAT CELERY AND OLIVE OIL! Olive oil has been shown to lower blood pressure. Celery contains a chemical that lowers pressure too.

BLOOD SUGAR IMBALANCE? EAT BROCCOLI AND PEANUTS! The chromium in broccoli and peanuts helps regulate insulin and blood sugar.

Kiwi: Tiny but mighty. This is a good source of potassium, magnesium,Vitamin E & fiber. It's Vitamin C content is twice that of an orange.

Apple: An apple a day keeps the doctor away? Although an apple has a low Vitamin C content, it has antioxidants & flavonoids which enhances the activity of Vitamin C thereby helping to lower the risks of colon cancer, heart attack & stroke.

Strawberry: Protective fruit. Strawberries have the highest total antioxidant power among major fruits & protects the body from cancer causing blood vessels clogging free radicals. (Actually, any berry is good for you..they're high in anti-oxidants and they actually keep us young.......blueberries are the best and very versatile in the health field......they get rid of all the free-radicals that invade our bodies.)

Orange
: Sweetest medicine. Taking 2 - 4 oranges a day may help keep colds away, lower cholesterol, prevent & dissolve kidney stones, as well as lessen the risk of colon cancer.

Watermelon
: Coolest Thirst Quencher. Composed of 92% water, it is also packed with a giant dose of glutathione which helps boost our immune system. They are also a key source of lycopene - the cancer fighting oxidant. Other nutrients found inwatermelon are Vitamin C & Potassium. (Watermelon also has natural substances [natural SPF sources] that keep our skin healthy, protecting our skin from those darn uvrays.)

Guava & Papaya: Top awards for Vitamin C. They are the clear winners for their high Vitamin C content. Guava is also rich in fiber which helps prevent constipation.

Papaya is rich in carotene, this is good for your eyes. (Also good forgas and indigestion.)

Tomatoes are very good as a preventative measure for men, keeps those prostate problems from invading their bodies.

GOOD AS MEDICINE ! !

My auntie sent me this, thought it might be useful for some.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting this.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting! Everyone can be beautiful from the inside Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Zumlya, thank you. I knew of a few of those but quite a few I didnt. Smile
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
vava_gurl wrote:
Zumlya, thank you. I knew of a few of those but quite a few I didnt. Smile

Same here! I knew cranberries and garlic, but most were new to me...thanks for posting!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Zumlya Exclamation Great info to know.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting this! Going to try honey for my insomnia problem!
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Some good advice! Thanks for posting such a detailed list. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I'm getting hungry.. Drool
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat May 04, 2024 7:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Phytomer Pionniere XMF Perfection Youth Cream (50 ml / 1.6 floz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |