Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sephora Makeup Brushes (for mmu ?)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any experience of Sephora brushes? I've just been looking on the website and they seem to have a fantastic range. Has anyone used them with mmu? Any advice greatly received. I'm looking for a new brush set, but I'm one of these sad people ( Rolling Eyes ) who like all their brushes to match. I've looked at Lumiere (out of stock at the moment) but some reviews haven't been so good, and I'd like to try Alima but they don't have a big enough range. Sephora are well priced and, like I said before, have a huge range. Thanks all.
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Ok just got an email back from Sephora and unfortunatley they don't ship to the UK, but I'd still really like to know what peoples experience has been. TIA.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rachael! I've actually never used Sephora's brushes, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. However, I do live about 10 min away from a Sephora, so I'm in there all the time, feeling and examining their brush range, among other things. Unfortunately, I can't say I was all that impressed by Sephora's brushes. They do have quite an impressive selection, I'll grant them that, but my overall feel from the brushes was that they were too scratchy. If you would like a set of brushes for MMU and you don't want to go the Alima route because of the limited selection, I'd say that your next best bet would be Urban Decay's brushes. They're a bit more expensive than Alima's, but they do have more of a selection and they will last for years. I have an UD powder brush that I've used with my MMU, and it works surprisingly well. If Alima were not available, I'd probably get all of my brushes from UD. Also, among brushes I tested at Sephora Too Faced's Teddy Bear hair brushes were also a stand out--- very soft and luxurious, PLUS they resist bacteria, nice. However, you can only buy them as a set, and I don't want to plunk down $60 for a set that doesn't have a blush brush, so I've been holding off for now...

(In any event, just let me know if you want me to pick up some brushes for you the next time I go--- I'd be happy to do a CP)

HTH!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Manslayerliz - thank you so much for your reply and your input. I don't really want to buy a kit of brushes as they never seem to contain the selection I want. I basically want a kabuki to apply mmu, a blush brush, a bronzer brush, a brush to apply all over colour, a concealer brush, a selection of eye brushes (including eyeliner) and some sort if implement to brush my brows into shape! I'm going to go back and look at the Urban Decay brushes and if I decide to buy one and you'd be willing to act as my middle man, that would be excellent, thank you. I'll get back to you...
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! Just been looking at the UD brushes, they look so good and the reviews on MUA are excellent. I want them all Bad Grin
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=QMOUGRXI010WHLAUCJ5RXCQ?id=P177405&categoryId=C7010

Sephora makes Anti-bacterial brushes now!!! Seems weird. And unnecessary. Especially to someone like me who doesn't clean her brushes nearly enough... Embarassed
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not going to lie--- the UD brushes are awesome. I've had my UD powder brush for ages, and I've prolly washed it 40 or 50 times. Not only has it not shed a single hair, but it's still as soft as the day I bought it. I've actually been totally lemming the UD blush brush (my Lancome one scratches the you-know-what out of my face, and my Alima one is soft as silk, but it's just a tad too small so more blending is necessary which then takes more time)... all this talk has only fueled the lemming, so I think it's time for me to break down and go get it. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my Alima brushes and they are so soft. I am happy with my purchase Laughing

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |