Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz) Obagi Retinol 1.0 Cream (28 g)
Who is a kid at heart and has a Tickle Me Elmo?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:24 am      Reply with quote
I honestly never thought I'd be getting toys at the age of 30 but a dear friend of mine just got me the new generation Tickle Me Elmo for my birthday. I was a bit puzzled, until I switched it on - from then on I've been in stitches, together with everyone I've shown it to. I'm thinking this is a great thing to use if you had a bad day at work etc It was purchased in the "life doesn't end at 30, so keep smiling" theme Laughing

I found a link to someone's video of it on youtube. You have to see it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4x-VW_rCSE

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Don't you just LOVE that elmo? I've been trying to get my hands on it, it seems to only have been available for a limited time and it's all sold out over here!

Happy Birthday again, a really thoughtful gift suitable for ALL ages!
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote
i don't have the Tickle Me Elmo but i do have a plush Elmo that sits on the edge of my bookshelf and smiles at me when i have to work.

Never fails to cheer me up. What an adorable face! Laughing

5% products discount

Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I wanted the new Tickle Me Elmo before Christmas but I think it was just the "want what I can't have for less than $200 syndrome" because now that I can have it for $30, I don't want it anymore Rolling Eyes Dh did buy me a Fur Real Friends baby chimp for Christmas though. It was my favorite present. Laughing
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
No Elmo for me, BUT I do have a couple of Furbies in my office... My niece bought them for me a couple of years back. In the beginning, they used to creep me out. Little demons Laughing Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
OH MY GOD.. I have to have one of those!! I am sitting here at 4.30 am having had no sleep all week... and that youtube just had me laughing out loud so hard that I woke up DH!!

Mabsy do they sell them in Oz or did someone send it to you from the USA?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so jealous Mabsy! I want one too! I have the original but this one far out does it. By the way, I've always been a kid at heart. In high school I asked for and got a Snoopy Snowcone machine for my birthday. I also have the adorable interacting Tuck and Roll dolls from A Bug's Life. My little brother got them for me for Christmas after the movie came out. It's one of my favorite movies. I will NEVER be too old for toys!
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Mabsy, I want one too! Is it available in Australia?
Mabsy

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I should put it away or I'll get sick of it, but the Elmo is just so much fun to watch!

It is available in Australia, I'm not sure where it was purchased but I know it was local. HTH

They used to be $200 at some stage? WOW! They're good but not THAT good! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
That's so cute! I want one!!! Very Happy
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Awww.. That's soo cute!!
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I Tickle Me Elmo! He puts me in such a great mood.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
OH.. they are 5000 yen (about US$42) at ToysRus here in Japan ... not bad, list price in USA is $40 and TrU in USA sells for $37

I am so gonna get me one of these!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I want one but I haven't seen one yet. Ahem I mean I want one for my daughter... lol.
SandyC123
5% products discount

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I should put it away or I'll get sick of it, but the Elmo is just so much fun to watch!

It is available in Australia, I'm not sure where it was purchased but I know it was local. HTH

They used to be $200 at some stage? WOW! They're good but not THAT good! Rolling Eyes

Yup and if you got one for $200, then you got a deal! It was one of those *hot* Christmas items that was hard to find and people would buy as many as they could and put them on ebay where the bids got WAY out of hand.
http://reviews.ebay.com/THE-CRAZINESS-AROUND-TMX-ELMO-IN-2006_W0QQugidZ10000000001891141
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Having a 5 year old I have had Elmo up to here, though can understand - I was enamored too at first. But what I do have and I refuse to part with (despite hubby clearing out boxes) is my Potty mouth Po ( from the Teletubbies ) - it still cracks me up.

I also have several Furbies that I taught to talk then would set them up to talk to each other...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, I just watched the video and I want ONE!!!!

Lol, I have the old school tickle-me Cookie Monster. Wink But this new Elmo is SO cute! Smile
Mabsy

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
SandyC123 wrote:
Yup and if you got one for $200, then you got a deal! It was one of those *hot* Christmas items that was hard to find and people would buy as many as they could and put them on ebay where the bids got WAY out of hand.
http://reviews.ebay.com/THE-CRAZINESS-AROUND-TMX-ELMO-IN-2006_W0QQugidZ10000000001891141

All I can say is - wow! I had no idea they were this popular before Xmas. I guess it doesn't surprise me but still that's a ridiculous price!

Candy - Laughing I'd love to see those furbies going! I wanted one of those badly a while ago but never ended up getting one for some reason.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
vava_gurl wrote:

Im not sure if they exist anymore in australia, havent seen one in ages. Ive got one as a present when i was in yr 11, thats almost 10 years ago.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
vava_gurl wrote:

Im not sure if they exist anymore in australia, havent seen one in ages. Ive got one as a present when i was in yr 11, thats almost 10 years ago.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
The dog in the video was a bit timid but I sure would like to see Elmo after a real dog had a go.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:05 am      Reply with quote
pickiis wrote:
vava_gurl wrote:

Thanks Mabsy % Pickiis...seems they are no more! Crying or Very sad
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:57 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
BUT I do have a couple of Furbies in my office... My niece bought them for me a couple of years back. In the beginning, they used to creep me out. Little demons Laughing Laughing

Ah yes, Furbies. Yep, they were pretty creepy! I think we may have 4 or 5 laying in the basement at this particular moment! Shock They used to freak me out as much as those palefaced collectors antique dolls still do Shhh don't tell anyone Embarassed

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
vava_gurl wrote:
pickiis wrote:
vava_gurl wrote:

Thanks Mabsy % Pickiis...seems they are no more! Crying or Very sad

Nope, I'm pretty sure ther are around. These are not the original Tickle Me Elmos - I'm pretty sure these got released a few months ago...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Oh nooooo Mabsy. I love my collection of cutie characters (though I do hide them when guests come around). BUT I must be the only person here who is terrified of that Tickle Me Elmo thing. I saw one at Hamleys (the original one) and it waaaaay freaked me out. Seemed like Elmo had gone all poltergeist or Exorcist??? I can't even get near the thing.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Revitalash Double-ended Volume Set - Raven Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz) Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother + Primer (15 ml / 0.5 floz)