Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
*** BHA 2%: How can I safely remove the dead skin cells? ***
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Moon_Man
5% products discount

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
The problem is after I cleanse and the skin has dried, I can see a lot of dead skin in the form of white patches.

I have tried using a generic face cloth to gently rub the dead cells off but it doesn't work as effectively as I'd like and leaves my skin feeling sensitive and a little sore. Maybe I'm not using the right cloth, or doing it for long enough, but how else can I remove the dead skin properly to keep my skin clear?

Thanks,

MM =o

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure I understand - are you using a 2% BHA and this is resulting in the dry skin?

I think a gentle exfoliating cloth, a gentle scrub or an AHA product would do the trick but I have a feeling there is more to it in your situation. I.e. - why is your skin so dry in the first place? Again, I don't understand the reference to BHA 2% in your thread title so I don't want to suggest any specifics without knowing what you're currently using. But it sounds like you need a moisturizer - are you using one?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I would also agree on the scrub or some sort of enzyme peel.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Scrub, or a face brush is good.
Moon_Man
5% products discount

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Well, I don't know what is causing it, but I'm assuming it's the BHA. I am using a moisturiser, but I only really have dry skin after I cleanse, which doesn't seem that unnatural, it's just the dead skin that I need to take care of. I will look into your recommendations further however.

Thanks

-MM =o

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps it could be the cleanser you're using?
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Would you mind giving us a list of the products you are using, including the brand?

It really helps in identifying what could be causing the white patches.

My guess at the moment is the cleanser which is over drying your skin.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
Moon_Man
5% products discount

Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
* Thursday Plantation: Tea Tree Cleansing Face Wash with Chamomile
* Thursday Plantation: Tea Tree Blemish Gel
* Paula's Choice 2% BHA Lotion (All skin types)
* Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisture Gel (Normal to Oily/Combination)

Could too much of the Tea Tree Blemish Gel cause this problem of flaky skin if over applied?

-MM =o

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Moon_Man wrote:

Could too much of the Tea Tree Blemish Gel cause this problem of flaky skin if over applied?

-MM =o

I think it is all the Tea Tree full stop. You may have acne/blemish prone skin which is dry in nature. It happens and sucks, but there are ways to fight it.
not using the Blemish Gel and using the 2% BHA every other day. That will definitely help with the dryness. Also you might consider using a OCM and then the Cleanser as that will ensure you have properly cleaned your skin but hopefully won't over dry it.

If I was to suggest a whole new routine I would go:
1. Cleanser - go for a pH near you skin which is 5.5. Avoid anything with sulfate in it, especially if it is the second ingredient. There are alot of cleansers available, at the moment I am using I Feel Pretty's one.

2. Blemish fighter (Laughing) - the Best Bath Acne Gel and I Feel Pretty Healing Serum have been getting rave review here, check them out.

3. Stick with the BHA, but cut down on it and see how that goes. Mabsy has a thread on the use of acids, and some people don't react favourably to them.

4. Moisturise with something suitable for dry skin, but maybe avoid ones with emulsifiers as I hear that can block pores. People here have used emu oil, HA, jojoba oil, camellia oil, pearl paste and the list goes on.

HTH

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Enzyme peels or masks are a great way of removing flaky dead skin without manually buffing the skin with granular scrub or wash cloth. Glymed, JAn Marini make good hydrating enzyme masks that gently exfoliates the skin.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
Moon_Man wrote:

-MM =o

I think it is all the Tea Tree full stop. You may have acne/blemish prone skin which is dry in nature. It happens and sucks, but there are ways to fight it.
not using the Blemish Gel and using the 2% BHA every other day. That will definitely help with the dryness. Also you might consider using a OCM and then the Cleanser as that will ensure you have properly cleaned your skin but hopefully won't over dry it.

If I was to suggest a whole new routine I would go:
1. Cleanser - go for a pH near you skin which is 5.5. Avoid anything with sulfate in it, especially if it is the second ingredient. There are alot of cleansers available, at the moment I am using I Feel Pretty's one.

2. Blemish fighter (Laughing) - the Best Bath Acne Gel and I Feel Pretty Healing Serum have been getting rave review here, check them out.

3. Stick with the BHA, but cut down on it and see how that goes. Mabsy has a thread on the use of acids, and some people don't react favourably to them.

4. Moisturise with something suitable for dry skin, but maybe avoid ones with emulsifiers as I hear that can block pores. People here have used emu oil, HA, jojoba oil, camellia oil, pearl paste and the list goes on.

HTH

I think it's the Tea Tree Cleanser that is drying out your skin. You should get a more gentle cleanser! For spot treatments, I think it's okay to stick with the Tea Tree Blemish Gel. Also, I use camellia oil as a daily moisturizer, and am loving it!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |