Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tip for Using Age Intervention Hair Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I talked to my rep yesterday about the amount that should be sprayed on the roots of your hair. She told me no more than 5 pumps of the spray. She said that we should start seeing new growth in 4 weeks or sooner.

Just wanted to let you all know.

Am I the only one using it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
how much is a months supply? Keep us posted if it works for sure we would like to know.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Lucyluc,

This bottle of liquid will last a lot longer than a month. Even with both of us using it, I think it will last at least 6 months.

I don't want to say what I sell it for as it's against the rules of the forum and we have such wonderful moderators, I don't want to get on their badside. LOL!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Does the hair serum have any of the same ingredients as the lash serum?
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Patty? Is this age intervention for hair a Jan Marini product? Is this product supposed to grow new hair for parts of the scalp where hair has fallen out? Please let me know.. Thanks, much.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Patty? is the age intervention serum supposed to work like minoxidil? Thanks...
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Patty? is the age intervention serum supposed to work like minoxidil? Thanks...
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
OOps, please excuse the second note about minoxidil. My fingers got to dancing on the keyboard... Very Happy
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi There,

It's my understanding that the hair serum is for hormonal hair loss. I really don't know how this will work because I've been told by 2 hairdressers that when a follicle is dead - it's dead. So whether this can grow hair where there has been no hair for years, remains to be seen. If it works like I hope it will work, we should see a big announcement on The Today Show or GMA. I'll let you know how it works for me and for my husband. It's going to be easier to tell on him because his hair is so much shorter.

Here is the list of ingredients:
Deionized Water, Butylene Glycol, Spironolactone, Hydroxypropyl Starch, Phosphate Ester, Steareth-100(and)Steareth-2, Propylene Glycol(and)Diazolidinyl Urea(and)Methylparaben, Zinc, PCA, Panthetine, Kiwi Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Dipotassium Glycyrrhetinate, Niacinamide, 5-Heptenamide, 7-(3.5-dihydroxy-2(3-hydroxy-4-3 (trifloromethyl)-1-butenyl)cyclopentyl)-,N-ethyl, (1R-(alpha(Z), 2beta (1E,3R), 3alpha, 5alpha.

Whew!! Does all this mean anything to anyone?

Patty

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Has your hair grown any longer yet? Shock
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
how much is a months supply? Keep us posted if it works for sure we would like to know.

I saw it on a site for $170.00 for 4 oz. Don't know how long that would last, but for only 4 pumps I would think at least 3 months, maybe 6.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone please post the brand/manufacturer of this product? Sounds great and I'd like to Google it to learn more.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Oh sorry. Yes it's Jan Marini and no, I can't tell my hair has grown. My hair grows fast enough. It's the thickness of it that concerns me so I hope this works.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information, Patty.. Here's hoping it works for you and your hubby!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Patty,

Any updates? I realize it's too soon for hair growth but I'm wondering how it's working for everyday styling. Does it build up at all. BTW, JM states that this isn't a styling product, but I can imagine if you're using it daily (as you're supposed to) & not washing out, there maybe some stiff, sticky feeling. That's what I'm afraid of...
fmvalentina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure how this company is selling this product OTC. Spironolactone is a prescription medication. It's a blood pressure medication and one of the side effects is it's an anti androgen. The only way you can get this medication is by prescription.

Does anyone know how they can include a PX medication in an OTC product? I've never seen this before.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Well..at least I know there's an 'active' ingredient in there..and JM hasn't exactly been playing by the rules of late anyway.
fmvalentina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Well..at least I know there's an 'active' ingredient in there..and JM hasn't exactly been playing by the rules of late anyway.

Is that against the law? I can't imagine taking coedine and making an OTC pain relief tablet from it by mixing it with other ingredients. I know coedine is a controlled substance, but you know what I mean.

BTW, people have taken Spironolactone and diluted and applied it topically for years and I've never heard of it growing hair in anyone, you can imagine if it worked, you would have heard about it by now:)

A lot of people take it to decrease excess hair growth (it does a great job) and it also helps acne. People who use it for acne can have amazing results with almost no side effects. Worst side effect is it's a diuretic so you go to the bathroom a few times more than normal. Some people try to take it for their skin and just don't tolerate it well and know it within a few days they just don't feel right. Overall it's a very safe drug.

Perhaps there's another active in there that she's using for the hair growth?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I'm not entirely sure about this, but take a look at the last few ingredients for the hair stuff & the eyelash stuff:

Age Intervention Hair Conditioner by Jan Marini
Ingredients: deionized water, butylene glycol, spironolactone, hydroxypropyl starch phosphate ester, steareth-100 and steareth-2, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylpraben, zinc, PCA, panthetine, kiwi fragrance, hydrolyzed wheat protein, japanese green tea extract, retinol, hydrolyzed oat protein, dipotassium glycyrrhetinate, niacinamide, 5-heptenamide, 7-(3, 5-dihydroxy-2-(3-hydroxy-4-(3-(trifloromethyl) phenoxy)-1-butenyl)cyclopentyl)-,N-ethyl,(1R-(alpha (Z), 2beta(1E,3R*),3alpha, 5alpha

Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner by Jan Marini
Ingredients: deionized water, hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycan, sodium hyaluraonate, triethanol-amine, propylene glycol, methylparaben, propylparaben, acrylates C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, panthenol, biotin, sodium chloride, sodium phosphate, 7-(3, 5-dihydroxy-2-3-hydroxy-4(3-(triflormethyl phenoxy)-1 butenyl) cyclopentyl)-N-ethyl, (1R-(alpha(Z), 2beta(1E,3R*), 3alpha, 5alph

Is there a chemist in the house?
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I can't tell any difference yet Marina. But I can't imagine the company putting out a bad product. And I'm sure that after the AIE fiasco, they have their ducks in a row and all is on the up-and-up with the hair serum. But stranger things have happened so who knows.

Marina, my husband doesn't notice a difference at all as far as any residue goes. It's hard for me to tell because of the other stuff I use on my hair. But to me, I think it makes my hair feel stiff until I brush through it. I'm very careful to just put it on the roots. My rep told me that a total of 5 sprays should be enough. It's not. It's more like 10 sprays. But a little goes a long way and I think this bottle will last a long time.
I don't know what to tell you except to wait and see if it works for those of us using it. I certainly hope it works because I bought a case of it and I cannot sell it if I don't believe in it. I hope the next time I'm at the hairdressers she sees a lot of new growth. Wouldn't that be wonderful!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Patty. Thanks for the updates on your experiment with the JM hair serum. I've been away from the forum for several weeks and may have missed the outcome of the AIE fiasco. From reading the new ingredients list for the AIE, it looks like maybe JM just had to change the ingredients list? Like, where JM listed the mysterious *eyelash growth factor* before, they now have to list the individual ingredients? Or, do you know if JM actually changed the ingredients of their AIE?

Also, if I remember, the buzz was that the secret ingredient in AIE was prostaglandin. Now I'm wondering if that long list of ingredients that the AIE and the hair serum share is actually the chemical make-up of prostaglandin. Do you happen to know?

I can say that the AIE worked very well for me, and I was sorry to run out of it so long before it became available again. I'm reluctant to repurchase without knowing if the ingredients have changed. If the hair serum works as well as the old AIE serum worked, I'd be interested.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:58 am      Reply with quote
Oops. Read a little deeper into the past few days threads and found my answer here.

It appears that the "old" and "new" AIE are the same product with the ingredients relabeled. And that the ingredient(s) AIE and the hair serum have in common are the chemical name for prostaglandin. At least if the posts on that thread are correct.

The "old" AIE worked so well for me...now I'm definitely interested in the hair serum. I'll be watching your updates with interest.

Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) pH Advantage High Potency Effective Vitamin C Serum (51 ml / 1.75 floz)